“Not Ready To Accept Visitors” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Muskogee

Super 8 Muskogee
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Muskogee
Needles, California
“Not Ready To Accept Visitors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I am not going to embellish anything. This Super 8 in Muskogee, OK was certainly not horrible; however, not ready to accept visitors. We arrived there in February of 2012 just to spend the evening, nothing more than passing through town on our way to somewhere else. It was about that time to get a room for the night. Usually, most Super 8 motels accept pets, so I chose to stop here. This property also does accept pets.

There were not that many vehicles in the parking lot as it was only around 5:00 pm. I made my way to the front desk, and the clerk was pleasant. She had a difficult time determining what rooms were available or which ones were not..... Right way, I found this a little odd because I have done this job when I was in college. She eventually found a room for us, which I believe was room # 110. We arrived at the room took some bathroom accessories out, brought the two pets in, clicked the television on and began to relax. The bathroom door was filthy, as were some of the walls in the room. I went to slide the road map under the bed and it bumped into something. I couldn't imagine what it was. There were boards under the bed with nails, where somebody had not finished there remodeling job in the room. The bathroom was even worse!!!! I went into the very small bathroom and behind the door there was a pile of cut up boards, plaster, dust, dirt, etc. Again, somebody had left this. We had two beds and one had two pillows and the other had one. I promptly informed the desk about the missing pillow, so I would not be charged for it. If anything, it seems that the maintenance and front desk staff are not communicating with one another. The room was nearly $70 for what should have been no more than $40.

There is a decent sized casino in Muskogee just down the road from this Super 8. We chose to dine at a Chinese buffet over by the Wal-Mart and Ross Dress For Less. I would only stay at this property again, if there were nothing else.

JAMES DALPHONSE
NEEDLES, CALIFORNIA

Room Tip: keep looking if in Muskogee
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank James D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
corder, missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We found a bedbug in our room. The staff accused me of lying, even though the room was filled with a white powder clearly in the hope of killing the bugs.

It is clear the staff is complicit in hiding the bugs. It's disgusting. Got my first ever bedbug bite, spent the next 3 hours in the laundromat.

Forget this one.

Room Tip: Stay away or you will have bedbug travelers in your home
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Adelia G
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I checked the prices and they wanted 70bucks. That's crazy, the rooms looked old and it really didn't look they bothered to remodel anytime since white snake was the rage! Go somewhere else.

Room Tip: go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

The air conditioner in my room was not working. I talked to front desk and
he said "you're only staying one day right"? I told him it was for two days. So he said"he would move me the morning ". It never happened. We drove 13hrs and I was too tired to fight. The beds had hair on them and the back of the bathroom door was super dirty ! Never will I stay there again. I would rather sleep outside.

• Stayed September 2011
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

The hotel staff was terrible! I had to argue my room rate, and eventually had to have Super 8 corporate settle my issue. I booked a rate on-line, and the staff did not want to honor my rate. Not a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Working_For_Weekend
Abilene
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

the musty odor was almost overpowering; the room was cramped; the carpet was old and yucky; the short shower head was difficult for my husband to us; the breakfast area was actually 4 chairs across from the front desk in a small, tight area not even worthy of being called a lobby

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank InHim4Him
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

I had stayed here about 10 years ago when it was another hotel. The Super 8 refurbishment is really nice and an improvement. Check in was quick and easy. The room was well appointed and I liked the comfortable bed and pillows. The bathroom was very clean and had large, soft towels and a powerful shower head. The room included a microwave and refridgerator. I did not like the TV in the room was an older 19” model and many of the stations were not available. I stayed here because I was with business collegues and we could walk to work from here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business