“Finally Feel Like Adults!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muskogee
Hayes House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Muskogee B&B and Inns
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
“Finally Feel Like Adults!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband and I, 20 and 23, received a night at Hayes House as a gift for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had our first daughter 2 months ago and enjoyed getting away and spending some romantic 'us' time. The beds were amazing, I didn't wake up once until I got up the next morning. But the 5 Course Romantic dinner was even better. The food was amazing and Jim's hospitality was superb! Our only regret? We only got to stay 1 night!

Room Tip: The Governor's Suite has a kitchen, a living space with a couch, chair and tv (tv is still viewa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brandalyn A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Wonderful luxurious atmosphere of days gone by, with all the modern convienences of home. We stayed in the beautiful First Lady!s Suite. The bed was comfy, the fire place made the whole room cozy and the bathroom was spa like with a deep jacuzzi tub & vanity table. Jim was a warm & welcoming host and cooked us a delicious breakfast the next morning. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meredithmwillis
Reviewed 16 October 2011

If nothing else, splurge for the dinner. The price seems a little steep, but trust me, this is a 5 course fine dining experience that you will not regret and would NEVER expect at a B&B. I expected the dinner to be catered, but to my surprise, it was the owner, Jim, cooking everything from scratch using his own recipes and serving me and my wife. We had the prime rib dinner which was phenomenal!

Upon arrival we were greeted by Jim, who is a very nice man. He showed us to our room and explained the amenities and house rules. We stayed in the First Lady's room, which was charming and has a large 2 person jetted tub and a stocked mini-fridge. The bed was super-comfy and the room very cozy. The house is located on a corner lot, which you can hear some passing traffic, but nothing excessive. We slept comfortably and Jim had breakfast ready by our specified time. Breakfast was great well. It started with a parfait-like fruit and granola cup made from scratch. I say parfait-like because Jim makes what looks like the yogurt, but is actually some sort delicious cream concoction. After that, he serves scrambled eggs, sausage, an awesome blueberry stuffed French toast, and hashbrowns.

Feedback (minor issues): some dust, our room looked like it could have used a quick vacuuming, and not that we watched much TV, but the TV could use an updating.

Overall, we loved our stay and will recommend it to our friends and anyone looking for nice getaway. Thanks Jim!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Fareastboy
stillwater, ok
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My daughter and I decided to take a little girls trip. I must say this is the place for you to stay! The Hayes House is beautiful home. Jim was very welcoming when we arrived and through out our stay. Breakfast was very good. We also swam in the pool every night. Our room was lovely and very roomy (we stayed in the govenor's suite). I want to take my mother here because I know she will love it as much as we did.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We received a night here as a gift. Having never been to a place like this before, we were not sure what to expect. We are happy to report that we had a wonderful experience. The house is beautifully redone. The room was quaint and very clean. The bathroom was spacious with a large whirlpool tub. Breakfast was absolutely delicious! And Jim was an excellent host. We would definitely recommend this to anyone. Definitely unlike anything else in this area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Always "scrimping" on vacations with my wife, but this time only had 2 days and decided to splurge on her..Even though I splurged quite a bit on her..I feel like it was still a GREAT bargain for the sevice and food and relaxion we enjoyed there..And we really enjoyed it very much..Our host was like our "best friend" and he treated us like royalty. My wife almost cried at dinner because she was so overwhelmed by the incredible dishes we enjoyed!!..Would definately recommend it!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 May 2011

This was our very first B&B and now all the others have quite challenge living up to Hayes House. Jim was a fantastic host! The property was beautiful! The candlelight dinner was delicious! The breakfasts were wonderful as well! The bed and pillows were the most comfortable ones we have ever slept on. The house was decorated so neat with all kinds of interesting antiques! This was a great experience and are planning to come back several times! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: The private balcony made this trip even better!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple