“Will not be back--”

Runts Bar-B-Q & Grill
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Muskogee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We came to town & asked around for best place to eat and were told to try Runts. Read reviews and decided to try.

First thing I noticed was the food on floor. A large piece of meat that had been stepped on several times, and yet the staff strategically missed it as they walked by. By our table, cracker pieces and other foodstuffs, by 2 other tables, napkins. I watched the bus boy wipe tables off to floor, but no one ever came to sweep what he put on floor. Nasty.

I ordered hamburger. I was only able to eat 1/4 because it smelled so strong of garlic powder. The fries were plentiful and OK. My husband had the smoked bologna and said it had a good smoky flavor, and he liked the potato salad.

To me, it doesn't' t matter if the food was 10/10, which it defnitely was not, I wouldn't' t go back because of the uncleanliness. t

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Oh my, the food was OUTSTANDING. Sister picked up the food and we enjoyed it outdoors and the food was amazing!!! I would definitely go there again, and again, and again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The parking lot was pretty full when we arrived. Several game wardens were waiting for large tables and they told me it was worth waiting for. Actually, our wait was less than 5 minutes. Our server was delightful. My partner had the 3-meat dinner: ribs, catfish and chopped brisket. Catfish was delicious, the chopped brisket had a good flavor, but was chopped a bit too much for our liking. Baked beans were the best I have had with a slightly sweet flavor and the coleslaw had a nice crunchy flavor, thanks to the addition of apples. There was so much food that the ribs were taken home for another meal. My choice was a baked potato with brisket. This was sliced brisket and it was really good!

We have been exploring bbq in eastern Oklahoma for several months and this ranks right up there with the best. The locals know good bbq and they were there in full force for lunch yesterday. The food, the service and the atmosphere of a great bbq place!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The meal was delicious and the staff was very helpful. It was very reasonably priced. Would definitely eat here again if traveling through Muskogee!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Would not darken the doors at runts again! No taste, bad service and dirty floor! I don't think the dishwasher looks at his/her plates as mine had dried food from something I did not order! Will not go back!