“Best Eggs Benedict I have ever had!”
Review of Legend's

Legend's
Reserve with OpenTable
Legend's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 328 Restaurants in Norman
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Tyler, Texas
“Best Eggs Benedict I have ever had!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Wow! We went to Sunday brunch and were blown away! I used to think the best Eggs Benedict to be found was at Brennan's in Houston or New Orleans. Well this place wins hands down! And a whole lot less money! And to think, tucked away in little old Norman, Oklahoma. On Sunday, they have a self serve Bloody Mary Bar where you can concoct your own with every imaginable ingredient you could think of. Delicious! The atmosphere has such ambiance with a grand piano, white tablecloths, very attentive and friendly staff. Very romantic! I just wish that I could somehow clone this place and move it to Texas! We don't have a reason to go to Norman other than a football game every other year so it is not on our radar scope. But for those of you who do and can, do not miss this place!

• Visited October 2012

“Still a lovely dining experience after all these years”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We had Legend's for lunch yesterday. I ordered the chicken medallions with lemon caper sauce and a bowl of french onion soup. The meal came with the salad bar.

First off, my waitress was supremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is always lovely inside this establishment...a grand piano, featured artwork by local artists, and crisp white tablecoths. This restaurant makes me remember a time when restaurants were expected to be something special...a place to find romance...a place to really "wine and dine". I love the fact that Legend's hasn't changed much if at all since they opened.

The salad bar is always fresh. I made my salad with spinach, red peppers, boiled eggs, tabouli, cheese, and a black bean and corn relish topped with chunky bleu cheese dressing. Very yummy and one could easily make that a meal.

The chicken medallions were also delicious. ...they could have used a tiny more seasoning and the basmati rice was cooked perfectly. I was too full to finish my soup. All in all another fine dining experience and I will continue my loyal patronage here as often as I get the chance!

• Visited June 2013
Arlington
“Dined with a Group of 30 in Their Private Room”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Traveled to Norman with a large group of friends to attend a wedding. We made reservations to dine here prior to the wedding and were given the private room for our group. They seated us quickly and served us promptly. The food was very good and my husband and I each ordered the salmon with a house salad. We were on a tight schedule to get to the wedding and our excellent waiter (who gave us separate checks) had us out the door a few minutes ahead of schedule. Nice bar and wine list.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank markandkarenbrown
Hurst, Texas
“Great for a Group”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Legends was the perfect place for my group of 34 people! I made the reservation only 5 days in advance, and was so grateful the private room was available. The man who answered the phone quickly understood that the group needed to get in and out very quickly as we had another event to attend. To speed the service he recommended a small menu, and helped me pick out four items: 12 oz Rib Eye Steak, Fettuccine Alfredo, Medallions of Chicken Breasts, and Maple Soy Glazed Salmon.

The restaurant was ready and waiting for us. Our area was very well staffed with servers, orders were quickly taken, and everyone was allowed to have separate tickets. I asked each person if they enjoyed their meals, and got a resounding Yes from everyone, except a picky 10 year old boy.

We had eaten, paid, and were on our way out the door with 15 minutes extra to spare than the time I told them we must leave. The desserts on display in the front looked fabulous, but since we were eating dessert at our next event we had to pass.

I can't say enough good things about Legends and the great hospitality shown to a bunch of Texans.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kerrinhp
Atherton, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food & customer service”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

There was beautiful live piano music playing that didnt interfere with dinner conversation. At the end of the evening, when we were some of the last patrons, the musician personally came to table to ask if we wanted music & accommodated 4 requests. Our server was exceedingly accommodating to my special requests. Hamburger & salad bar were delicious. Chicken crepes keep my mom & aunt returning for more! If I lived in Norman, I would keep going back.

Visited May 2013