“Surprisingly Good”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had never stayed at a La Quinta before this one, and was pleasantly surprised. The room and furnishings were very nice, much nicer than I expected. One nice touch: the TV has listings (but not a DVR function), HD options, and some "relaxation" settings such as the sound of waves crashing, etc. The service I received when asking some off-the-wall questions was very good as well. The property is a nice area within walking distance of multiple restaurants and stores. My only complaint was with the selection at the continental breakfast, since I stayed there for almost a week, but this wasn't a deal-killer.

Overall, I was really impressed--nice job!

1  Thank Storm27

Reviewed 31 October 2011

A nicer newer La Quinta just off the highway. IHop is right next door for breakfast if you don't want the free breakfast provided. Very clean with good service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RastamanInKansas
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stay at LaQuinta when traveling with our dog but this one is nice enough to stay at even when we leave the pooch at home. The rooms are spacious and they give upgrades on request plus the price is excellent.

The only complaint is that the wireless internet here is one of the worst I've found. The signal is weak and occasionally cuts out plus the speed is awful. Since I always work on the web when on the road this is a major hassle for me. Our original room was at the end of the hall toward the back and there was no signal. The one from another nearby hotel was stronger than the one at ours. They were nice enough to move us closer when we requested a change but the signal was still weak and the upload/download slow.

If you are not using the web for much then this hotel is top notch, if you are you should be prepared for delays and occasional complete loss of signal.

Room Tip: They have a good upgrade available to a room with a separate bedroom behind french doors.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I travel extensively for my job and have customers in the OKC area. I always choose to stay at the LaQuinta in Norman every time I'm in that area. The staff is so friendly and goes out of their way to accommodate me. I am a woman and travel alone thus I always sleep well knowing I feel safe.

On one occasion, someone had broken the hinge on the back door by my room and it kept slamming so I contacted the front desk to let them know. Not only did they repair the door immediately, but they also gave me a free night's stay.

Every evening when I return from working in the field all day, my room is always clean, fresh and relaxing. The rooms are very well insulated and I never hear noise on either side of me.

There are some great restaurants next door that I can walk to and sometimes when I'm bored, I can drive about a mile south across the bridge to the new Riverwind Casino and win some money!

I just can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff and would not hesitate to recommend it over any others in Norman or OKC for that matter. The rates are fantastic as well!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room at this hotel!
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here for two nights and it was extremely nice. The lobby is beautiful, and outside there is an inclosed veranda with a gazebo, a swimming pool, and a hot tob (the water in the hot tub was a greenish-brown from my view, though).

The room was very nice. It had an interesting design and feel to it. The first night, I had nightmares. But the second night, I slept peacefully.

I am not speaking for all the staff, but most of the staff I had contact with were quite incompetent for such a nice hotel. They kept getting things mixed up.

Other than that, this is a great place to stay and is located not far from the Penn Square Mall.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We were only able to spend one night this trip, but enjoyed our stay. LaQuinta is always our first choice when booking a room. We usually travel with our small dog and are always welcome at your hotels. Thank you for being "Pet Friendly" as well as comfortable and affordable!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed at this LaQuinta this weekend and it was absolutely an EXCELLENT experience in every way possible. The grounds were clean, the staff was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The room was immaculately clean and so very spacious. you would never even know this is a pet friendly hotel because of how clean the floors are. Our little doggie felt right at home. The breakfast was DELICIOUS. They had hard boiled eggs, cranberry and orange juice, a good variety of fresh fruit, danishes, chocolate muffins, oatmeal, toast, a good variety of cereals, yoplait yogurts, and of course the waffles were wonderful too with a choice of sugar free or regular pancake syrup. They are so easy to find and so convenietly located close to many stores and restautants and the Sooner mall is very close by as well. We decided to go to the Burger King by the hotel and it was very nice: clean, friendly staff, good food, etc. They have an outdoor pool and a beautiful gazebo to relax in. They always have free fresh coffee in the lobby at all hours. This hotel has 3 floors but you can use the elevators. And the lobby is pretty enough to take some nice pictures to remember your visit to Norman. We will definitely be staying at this LaQuinta Inn from now on whenever we go to Oklahoma.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family