“Very Average Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Kansas City
“Very Average Hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Just your average hotel at best. The room doors had a good 2 inch gap at the bottom which allowed sound to travel right into your room. I read somewhere that they just renovated the rooms and it does appear the furnishings are fairly new, but I did have broken/missing electrical plates and broken tiles in my room.

The breakfast in the morning was a joke. I'm used to staying in a different chain that has a lot more to offer. This was one waffle maker, biscuits and very watery gravy, only 2 kinds of cereal, and purchased mini-muffins. I only ate there 1 of 4 mornings.

Pool was down for construction which the dates on their website were different then actuallality. It was supposed to be done with by the time I checked in and they had just started.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
North Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My wife and I stayed at La Quinta -Norman, OK this past Saturday night. The room was wonderful with it's lively decor. We had a great stay. Very friendly folks!

Now, for the important information: The shower had real live WATER PRESSURE!! I didn't have to run around to get wet.

Stayed April 2008
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I got this property on Priceline for a bid of $45 (2*).

I was reluctant to bid on this area as the 2* Priceline hotels in Norman are this hotel and a Fairfield Inn, neither chain being favorites of mine. I am especially repulsed by La Quintas, as the properties I've stayed at before were decorated in a most hideous Gingham Granny on Speed style and sprayed down mercilessly with sickly sweet lung crumpling chemicals which were doubtlessly responsible for Gingham Grampa's fatal bout of bloody coughing fits. Needless to say I give usually give the chain a wide berth, but I was desperate for a hotel in the area so I bid away and here I am....pleasantly surprised!

The rooms look to be recently remodeled, and are quite spacious, clean and snappy. The look is sort of manly modern businessman with a vaguely Asian twist, along the lines of the new Hyatt Places. The carpets and faux wood panel floors look like they were just laid last week, and the bedding still has fold marks from being in the packaging.

As other reviewers have mentioned, sound does travel right thru the connecting doors. Why do they have these doors anyway? Is it part of a get to know your neighbor conspiracy? What if OJ was next door and got a notion I had some football he signed back when he was a desirable celebrity? Actually I am not really worried as I did clearly hear the next door neighbor making plans on the phone with someone to meet for drinks somewhere and I do dearly hope he does not come back late with some enthusiastic company. He didn't sound a thing like OJ.

There are many restaurants nearby, House O Pancakes, Johnny Carino's, etc. There is also a Home Depot right in the parking lot, so if you need to buy tools to break into your room or a car in the parking lot you needn't travel far.

All in all a fabulous deal for $45

• Liked — Newly remodeled, good value on Priceline
  • Disliked — my neighbor might bring someone home from the bar and keep me awake
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank coando
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2007

Stayed one night. Pro- the room was comfortable and the beds were nice. Con- there were some teenage and preteen groups staying on our floor. They spent the hours from dinner to around 10:30 pm running and screaming up and down the halls. We called twice to get it stopped and nothing was done. I even personally told one young lady to stop screaming. Needless to say we did not sleep well and had to leave early the next morning to complete a 500 mile trip. Also, the next morning we went to breakfast very early and the food was gone. The coffee was stale, no juice, no plates, the gravy they had for biscuits was awful. The manager finally got someone to replace the missing items but it was an on and off thing and again we did not have time to wait.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — noise and lack of staff handling problems
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Finley90
houston
Reviewed 27 August 2005

This is a very nice, clean hotel, and the rooms are bigger than normal. I think (not sure) that all the rooms have connecting doors to the room next door, which I don't like, because I don't need to hear my neighbors tv. The air conditioner is VERY NOISY, and cuts on and off all night long.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank houbrm
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2003

While looking for a home here, we stayed at the Norman La Quinta and it is very nice. Next door to the IHOP and the Home Depot, with a friendly helpful staff and a 3 year old building, we have nothing but great things to say about this La Quinta.

13 Thank Michialekirksey