“Excellent stay”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Weatherford, Oklahoma, USA
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Couldn't ask for any friendlier folks to stay with. Made us feel welcome as soon as we walked through the door. Clean and well stocked rooms. Comfortable beds. Close to shopping and restaurants. The temperature out side was 10 degrees during our stay and you have never known it . The rooms were heated very well. Not to hot or to cold. Easy to regulate. I will stay with LaQuinta again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed 1 night at the hotel because we were in town for the OU Sooners football game on 10/5. The price was over $200/night because of the game, but was worth the money to stay in Norman on gameday. The hotel was comfortable and had a great free breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My family (including two little ones) arrived in Oklahoma city in the late afternoon all the way from Denver. We came to this hotel without reservation, but a room was available for us, and I just took it (because I was so tired).
The room (two double-bed room) was large and clean. All of my family members are happy with our staying at this hotel!
One one problem is that wireless connection is a little slow ...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sukgeun C
Ferney-Voltaire
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed in this La Quinta several times in the past when visiting family and have never been disappointed. I am sad to say that with this visit it was not the case. There is a lot going for this hotel. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable and it is an excellent location. Unfortunately, those things are not enough. The cleanliness of the hotel is sadly lacking. The corridors were littered with bits of paper and leaves that stayed there for more than a day before anyone bothered to vacuum them up. Our own room was not vacuumed daily. There was hair in the bathtub and mold around the base of the tub. The clean towels were not placed on the towel rack, but rather left stacked on the toilet seat. One day our room was not done at all!!! We came back that evening to an unmade bed and no towels. We ran out of toilet paper and no new rolls were left; we had to go downstairs to the front desk and ask for more. We were on the 4th floor near the back and our wifi was virtually nonexistent. I complained, but nothing was ever done. I was told it was because we were at the back of the building. Yes, we were, but we were in the building so we should have had better connection. The signal from the hotel next door was stronger than ours. It took forever for hot water to reach our shower. I had to let the water run several minutes before it was hot (what a waste!) and the last night and morning it was ice cold. WE HAD NO HOT WATER AT ALL! We were forced to leave for our trip home without showers. Also, the breakfast ends at 9:00 a.m. during the week and 10:00 a.m. on weekends. I think 9:00 a.m. is a bit early for non-business travelers. Management was gracious when I complained and we were given a reduction on our bill, which we appreciated. We were told that the hotel was under new management and that they were trying to solve their problems. I can appreciate that, but as the traveler/customer staying in their hotel actions do indeed speak louder than words.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in this hotel anyway (and maybe they will have fixed their problems by the...