Norman Travelodge
US$134
US$94
Hotels.com
US$107
Fairfield Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$91
Fairfield Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
SleepInn
US$118
Best Western Plus Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
US$96
Courtyard
US$121
US$118
HIExpress.com
All reviewsgolden corraliron and ironing boardjacuzzi tubblow dryerpros and consfridge and microwavemartmaintenance
A TripAdvisor Member
MANHATTAN
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Room had a smell of old cig. smoke or something. Could hear talking through the ajoining door. Good AC and water pressure in shower was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Run down hotel, dirty carpet, mismatched floor tiles, desk staff with an arrogant & angry attitude. I was asked to move my car , even though it was parked in a space by my room & not given a reason why. Breakfast included cold cereal, but no milk or juice on site. Front desk staff has a negative attitude. Originally I was put in a second floor room, but with no elevators in this hotel (it is NOT ADA compliant), I did not want to drag my big suit case up the stairs, so I asked for a first floor room. I got a response that was clearly irritated at this request, to the point of slamming the plastic key card around as it was being rekeyed. The owners live on site & as a result I found the desk clerk ( the daughter) at the front desk in her pajamas on the morning I checked out. They could not give me a billing receipt, as they said their accountant has not closed the night before, and would email me one. I called reminding them to sent it, no response as of 3 days later.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Please think twice before chosing Norman Travelodge. My husband and I booked the room through Hotwire so we did not know our destination until after paying. Upon entering the room we thought wow this is nice for the price. Within an hour we began finding health hazards and problems. First would be what appeared to be vomit or blood on our comforter. The exterior of the microwave and refrigerator were filthy so bad that when I took pictures the prints and filth showed up. When I sat on the bed the lamps went on and off as the plugs are up against the plastic covered boxsprings. ( major fire hazard) We took the comforter off and decided that there was nothing we could do about it that late at night.
Upon waking the next morning my husband found blood or vomit splattered on the wall and picture above the bed and numerous splatters of who knows what in various places around the room... still we were trying to stick it out as hotels were booked around town. The final straw was after my husband found a hypodermic needle in the non- working vent above the shower. At this point I went to management with the needle and all of our complaints. I was greeted by a woman who had just started and immediately asked a child to go get his father. The nine year old child disappeared and then came back and asked how he could help me at which time I explained I needed to speak to management and an adult. The gentleman that appeared was very condescending and rude and offered three choices (none of which were satisfactory for our situation) 1. He could send a cleaning crew up there... ( a little too late) we were not comfortable with that option as our personal belongings were in the room 2. Switch to a room with two twin beds and not what we paid for. ( No need for explanation) 3. A refund and move to a different motel ( all rooms were booked solid because of a Renaissance Festival) Take it for what it is folks but we are also contacting the Health department and Fire Marshall as we documented tons of safety hazards in this room and around the property. Good luck.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for your health and well being.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This hotel is just okay, seemed clean enough, just not very welcoming. I don't think I would stay here again. Felt like I was bugging the owners/attendants for asking what rooms were available and the whole check in process seemed like a hassle to them.

PROS: Big room - separate area for sitting, work desk and comfortable office chair. Lots of storage, so no tripping over bags. Rooms seemed quiet - didn’t hear any neighbors or traffic from nearby interstate.

The bathroom wasn’t extravagant but was clean. Didn’t see any weird stains or hair from previous guests.

Whirlpool Tub after a long drive is nice - of course if it’s working.

The bed was comfy and smelled nice. Felt that the comforter had been washed recently.

Walking distance to Golden Corral, Waffle House, Jimmy’s Egg, Taco Cabana (?) and Walmart. Many other shops, restaurants and the mall within a few blocks.

Easy interstate access.

The WIFI worked fine for me.

The microwave and fridge worked fine.

CONS: The whirlpool tub did not work in our room. It was available, just didn’t work.

There is no elevator for wheelchairs - which is kind of inconvenient if you need the washer and dryer on the second floor. (I didn’t see any other washer and dryer)

The outside tiled second floor can be a little slippery when wet - be careful.

The front desk people were dressed very unprofessionally. Sweats and tshirts - one of them I thought maybe I woke up and it was 3 o’clock in the afternoon. The two clerks we had talked as if we weren’t even there. Ignored us for the most part until they wanted the money. Was quoted two different prices - the first for credit card use, the second for cash. I think the cash quote was higher (plus the key card fee).

The lobby smelled overpowering. Wasn’t sure what it was, but did not want to stay in there too long, let alone to have breakfast.

The carpet was rippled in our room - wouldn’t have been a problem, just kept tripping at night.

Very dim lighting made reading difficult to do.

There was a $10 refundable fee for the key card. We did receive our $10 back in the morning, but it was given to us by a child who looked like he was waiting for a ride to school. I’m happy that he informed them the key was returned - was expecting a fee to be credited to my account for not returning it.

There were about 3 heel or foot sized holes in the wall. (Not a problem, just something that could have been fixed for $15.)

There was a half painted wall in the bathroom area and the whirlpool tub cover was half hanging off the wall. It looked as though they had torn out part of the wall, patched it, then left it as is. (Again, not a problem, just the condition of the room)

Other than that - There is a seasonal pool, washer and dryer, and vending machines. The continental breakfast was in a very small area. No exercise area.

Room Tip: The further away from the front, the better, more quiet and better parking.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Low rates, convenient highway access, walking distance to shopping, but you get what you pay for. The rooms were musty, never cooled down into the 70s, flies buzzing all night, afraid to walk barefoot on nasty dirty carpet and bottom mattresses wrapped in plastic. Were they fighting bedbugs?
Look else where!

Room Tip: The best room is some where else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends