“Great Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Albuquerque
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked this hotel for 2 nights due to a kind of spur of the moment trip to visit a friend. There aren't a lot of hotels in Norman, but I would definitely recommend this one. I splurged, and treated myself to the King suite with the Jacuzzi tub, which was awesome. It is in the room, all by itself in the corner. I did find myself wishing I could see the TV while I was in it, but I managed! The morning I left, I had breakfast right after 6:00 am, and it was amazing. Nothing instant or powdered about this breakfast, everything was so fresh and delicious and there were lots of choices. The only negative thing about my stay was the A/C in my room. It's a unit under the window, and even though I set the thermostat for 69, it was still too warm in the room. You really had to be very close to the unit to be really cool. The bathroom was all the way across the room, and was sweltering to be in. I realize it's July, but still I did expect an expensive hotel room to be cooler than my own house with it's crappy swamp cooler. Anyway, I would still go back because the pros outweighed the cons.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Heather M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I’m so sorry that the A/C unit was not cooling the entire room; I am working on how to remedy that situation. The Hampton breakfast has made many improvements over the years to satisfy every eater. Thanks again for your comments; we look forward to your next visit!

Heather McConnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We recently stayed here for one night and will definitely stay again! We were exhausted and had just had bad experience at another hotel and had to find another place to stay. The young lady at the desk, think her name was Amanda, was so helpful, kind, and understanding as well as efficient, She even showed my husband the room first to be sure it met our needs. Yes, it might could use some updating but we were very satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of room. The staff were all friendly and helpful even in the breakfast area.
We will be returning to this area soon and plan on staying here again. It is also close to restaurant row which is a plus!

Room Tip: We had a room with king size bed and it was very comfortable. Our room was near parking lot on first...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay in July. Im so sorry you experience a bad stay in a different hotel however I am thankful you chose Hampton Inn Norman. The staff truly tries to accommodate every guest; I will pass along your kind comments to them! We look forward to your next visit.

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Clean room, nice hotel staff. The building needs to be refreshed. We have been staying at Hilton property exclusively since 1999 and do not like surprises. We were close to many new restaurants and 5 minutes from the casino. We were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Norman. We strive to provide a pleasant and consistent stay for each guest, everytime. We look forward to your next stay.

Newton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The older lady working the complimentary breakfast went out of her way to make our children feel special. There was a great variety of breakfast items, the room was very comfortable and the staff made us feel incredibly welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us while in Norman. The entire staff wants each guest to have a great stay and it is great when they get feedback from guests that they succeeded. Thanks again, take care!

Norman, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Hotel at Norman always welcomes us and make out stay comfortable and pleasing. You feel like you are at home. I travel to Norman once or twice a year and always stay at the Hampton Inn in Norman. We have our favorite resturants in the area too. One of them being Legends. It is a College Town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Yvonne D
Thank you for staying with us while you were in and for recommending us to others. It truly means the world to us to have folks that continue to stay with us when they come to town. We look forward to your next stay!

Moore, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a small problem with our credit card during our stay and the management team was very patient and helpful in getting our payment straightened out. We also had a very easy time getting checked in and all of the staff is very friendly. The customer service here is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Amanda G
Thank you so much for your review. I will pass along your kind comments to the staff. Please come see us anytime, we would love to have you back!

Norman, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Norman is a great place to visit. Plenty for a family to see & do. The Noble Museum of Natural History is a gem for families. The Fred Jones Museum of Art is easy to get around in & has wonderful exhibits. Both are on Oklahoma University's campus. Try eating at the Student Union. Selections & prices are great. Plus you can meet some students!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit and for being our guest while you were in Norman. Yes, Norman offers many things to see and do! I’m so glad you enjoyed your time while you were here, comeback soon!