“Decent suite but check the pool first if it's important”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Albuquerque
“Decent suite but check the pool first if it's important”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed here with 3 adults and 3 children during a 2-week stip through OK, KS, TX, and NM. Our suite was actually one "normal" room with 2 beds and a bathroom, and a smaller attached room (with both an adjoining door and separate hall door) with a bed and sofa couch (no second bathroom).

Overall I have no complaints about the rooms or check in/out process, however if the pool is an important feature to you, as it was to our kids, I would advise some caution. Upon entering the pool room we were hit with a VERY strong chlorine odor. The kids were intent on getting in the pool, however the adults' eyes were literally burning. The water itself was cloudy and the tile in the pool around the edge was dirty. The ventilation in the room was not capable of circulating enough fresh air and we were forced to leave the pool room after a short time because of the discomfort--even our lungs were burning.

I mentioned this to the front desk staff when checking out and they assured me someone would look into it, however it didn't sound like they were going to drain the pool and scrub the tiles clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ABQRealtor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Comfortable night's stay in a convenient location in Norman. The desk clerk on duty when I checked in was very helpful and efficient. Despite the fact that the hotel was very busy, I had the impression that she was the only one working there, as she appeared to be taking care of everything. Breakfast was fine the next morning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hollywood, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Years ago, I swore off the Comfort Inn as a mediocre chain with no amenities. My week-long stay in Norman, Oklahoma completely changed that perception.

My suite was bright and clean. The room was large enough so that it did not feel cramped. The couch was comfy, and the desk was large enough to conduct business and get work done.

The air conditioner blew cold air quietly, which was a godsend, because while there, Oklahoma experienced their hottest day in recorded history... 114 degrees. And I was enjoying the cool air in my hotel room.

The bed, sheets & pillows made for a comfortable night's sleep. The refrigerator and microwave made it very convenient to have snacks and drinks available.

The staff was friendly and helpful with directions.

The warm cookies every evening were an unexpected treat.

The pool was a good size, and the water was comfortable.

Breakfast was standard fare, three types of cereal, orange juice, apple juice, waffles... the basics, but well presented.

My only complaint was the elevator. VERY slow. Probably the slowest elevator I have ever experienced.

I highly recommend the Norman Oklahoma Comfort Inn & Suites.

Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Had a great family stay in Norman with the three kids. We had a two bedroom suite and it as a great value. The room and bathroom were very clean and the location was great. It was over100 degrees the day we visited and the A.C. Was working great. Check in and check out was very friendly. Breakfast for the kids was great. We did not use the pool or business center. I would highly recommend the hotel for a family that needs a little more space.

• Stayed July 2011
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed with a large group, and the staff were very helpful and easy to work with. Comfortable, clean, and easy to get to. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

Overall this was not a bad place to stay. It was fairly quiet, despite being right off the I-35. This was a great location for being near my friends' home, and not that bad of a drive into OKC. The rooms were large and clean, there was free wifi and complimentary continental breakfast was a deal with the cheap price I paid. My only complaint was that two nights I cam back to my room and had no towels. No new ones, and not even my old ones. I had to make two separate trips down to the front desk. I was in a non-smoking room, though there was definitely someone smoking somewhere because the bathroom had the odor of smoke one evening. Not pleasant at all.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank joleneybea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

We stayed at the hotel in 2008 and it was very nice. We decided to return & much to our dismay it had a horrible smell in the lobby (like a stale dirty diaper). The front desk lady was very kind & told us we would be in a non-smoking, pet free room. When we got into the room it smelled stale & the bathroom smelled of smoke. We recommend a good scrub down and it would it would go up in ratings for us. As of today we will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011