“Pleasently surprised”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Courtyard next door was booked, and they recommened the Comfort Inn as a clean establishment. I was very pleased with the condition of the hotel and rooms. I got a good price, quiet & clean room and the staff was helpful. Nice place to stay.

The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because the Marriott Courtyard next door is just a little nicer, with a bar and bistro, serving Startbucks drinks. :-) Didn't want it to be above them.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here for three nights while in Norman on business. Location is great! A number of restaurants in walking distance and a mall less than a mile away.

Room wasn't cleaned the first day. I left at 9am returned at 2:30pm and no one came to clean until 3:30pm...by then I was trying to get my son to sleep.

WIFI never worked properly and when it did it was painfully slow.

Rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Clean rooms, great location, great price.. Lots of restaurants nearby. Continental breakfast also served, however, we chose not to eat the breakfast . Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was extremely pleased with my one night stay at this hotel. The room was very accomodating and spacious. The staff were very helpful and nice. The room, lobby, dining area, bathrooms, and galley were all clean. It has been a while since I have stayed in a facility that everything was in tip top shape. The breakfast was very nice as well. It had a large selection to choose from. Easy access from I-35 with several resturants in walking distence. Very nice area. If in the area, I will definately be staying here again. You will not be displeased with staying here. Glad I chose this Comfort Inn. Easy on the pocket book to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Large, well-decorated, very clean, hotel rooms. Comfortable beds. Generally quiet with a very efficient air conditioning system. Great bathroom.
Staff was very responsive to my requests on location of the room.
Breakfast was great including a large variety of items. My only complaints- the scrambled eggs were tough because not cooked in small batches and overcooked. Please get some more interesting cereals including a high fiber choice and sugar free instant oatmeal.
We will stay here on our next trip to Norman.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We always stay here when we have to stay overnight in Norman. This hotel is close to the mall and several restaurants including Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse and a Sushi place. The hotel has nice sized suites and is totally non-smoking. The hot tub and pool are nice as long as there are not a ton of kids in them. The staff of the hotel do NOT enforce the policy of no children under 14. The gym has a bowflex type machine, an elliptical and a treadmill which are nice. The a/c works great! The outside noise is quiet. You don't hear people in the other rooms or outside your door. The staff are very nice and quick to help when you need something. The beds are some of the most comfortable we've ever slept in. The free breakfast is good but you have to get there early or they will run out of food.

Room Tip: I would use a suite if traveling with children but that is because at hotels my husband and I sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed this last Friday night after making a reservation online for 2 rooms. The Hotel has a nice lobby and the front desk was very friendly. We reserved 2 queen sized beds in each room and they did not have what we reserved. They had did have King beds with sleep sofas, which were sufficient for our children, however there were no linens for the sleep sofas. I called down to the front desk and expected them to deliver them to our room. To my disappointment they instructed me to pick them up at the front desk. Not a big deal, just expected more since I paid a premium for these 2 rooms. The rooms were however clean and comfortable. There was peeling drywall and paint in the bathroom and grout from the floor tile spread on the floor. The major issue during our stay was the noise outside. Our rooms were just above the lobby on the second floor and the smoking section outside was just below our windows. It was really LOUD! I called down at 12:30 AM and asked the front desk to ask the people to quiet down and they didn't I called again at 1:00 AM. My wife called at 1:30 AM and 2:00 AM. By 3:00 AM there were 20 people outside and it was extremely loud. Low and behold by 4:00 AM the noise dissipated. The hotel was full and there was no where for us to move to. We slept 2 hours and had to get up to leave. When checking out the front desk was expecting me and apologized profusely. He said that he just couldn't control the situation and that they were in the pool at 4:00 AM too. So it was a tough night for him as well. The manager offered us a free night in the future. Like I said not a bad hotel, just stay way away from the lobby areas on the 1st 2 floors. Definitely not a $100 a night room. Very disappointing over all.

Room Tip: Don't take a room any where near the lobby or windows near the front entrance!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family