“pretty good”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 15 April 2013

room was nice. Hot breakfast was surprisingly good. Only minor complaint was the fitness center... it was pretty dirty and the eliptical sounded like a Mack truck. A little WD40 would be a good idea. Looked like it hadnt been vacuumed in months. Would definitely stay again, but would skip the fitness center.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed three nights at the Comfort Inn in Norman to attend a family wedding shower. We had the room with the King bed. The bed was amazingly comfortable. Loved it! The flat-screen TV was great for watching. The room and bathroom was clean. The air conditioner worked really well. The A\C unit also had a thermostat in the wall that you would use. Very nice. We stayed in two different rooms - room 204 and room 101. If I had any complaints, it would be with room 204. In the bathroom for room 204, you could smell cigarette smoke. When we called the front desk about it, we were told that the exhaust vent was near the smoking area. So, that was disappointing that you had to smell smoke in the bathroom. We wound up running the bathroom exhaust all night during our stay in room 204. That helped with the smell. The following two nights we stayed in room 101, and there was no smell there. However, we had a couple of family members stay in room 204 after us and they also complained about the cigarette smoke in the bathroom. That would be our only negative comment. Otherwise, a great hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Room 204 - cigarette smoke smell in the bathroom due to the bathroom exhaust vent being near the smo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gayle-and-Linda
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We've stayed at CI a bit more often than usual over the past few years, as it appears a number of their properties are in better shape than they used to be. This one grabbed us with a very good rate (under $80) and a good location right off I-35.

The rooms were clean, spacious and mostly functional. Two things were slightly annoying. First, the bathroom door closes on its own. Might not matter to many people, but we like to leave the broom door open when traveling, for fear of walking into a closed door in the dark! So we had to prop it open with a shoe. The second minor annoyance was the smoke detector, which is mounted to the ceiling. The tiny light on it blinks constantly, which can certainly be noticeable once the lights go off. (We noticed both of these things in each of the rooms we stayed in.)

The breakfast area is much larger than the average CI. And the food was mostly good. Only issue we ran into was muffins that hadn't been out of the freezer long enough, and hadn't completely thawed.

Very pleased with the fitness center. Newer treadmill and eliptical machines.

Each of the front desk staff members we ran into were very friendly and accommodating. Bottom line, we'd certainly consider a return visit if our travels take us through Norman.

Room Tip: Probably best to pick a top floor room not facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have stayed here at least 3 times now and not only is it convenient to the Riverwind Casino it's a great place to sleep. The property is not that old, so it looks very fresh. The rooms have a warm but modern feel and the bed is very comfortable. They offer a free shuttle service to and from the casino, so you don't have to drive. You can't beat the stay here for the price.

The statements in my reviews are true and are solely based on my own personal experiences during my travels and therefore do not reflect the views or opinions of other travelers and their experiences at the same venue's.

Make every day is a new experience!
Mark Bacot

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the side door on the casino side because you car park closer to the rooms on tha...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mark b
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed here after bad experience at the Will Rogers Inn in Claremore, OK. Had the best sleep of my life! Clean comfortable rooms and quiet! Staff was very helpful and kind. Luggage carts and elevator made loading and unloading easy. Breakfast was very good. We signed up for the Choice Hotel Rewards program at this hotel. Thank you Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
OK154, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

I'd like to welcome you to the Choice Privileges program and thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I traveled to Oklahoma from Iowa and decided to stop in Norman Ok. I made an advance reservation and my room was ready and waiting when I arrived. It was on the first floor and easy access to the front desk and parking lot so I unloaded my car and went to my room and was ready to rest until I dediced what to do for dinner. Nearby was a Cracker Barrel, and other choices for dinner. Sooner Mall was about a mile away, and it was easily accessible from the frontage road. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It had a desk and a office chair both were very nice and the room also had a single soft chair with a foot stool. The bathroom was clean and had enough towels for use. I spent some time at the mall and brought my dinner back to eat in the room. Breakfast was scrambled eggs/ sausage cold cereal or yogurt. Fresh bananas or apples. I would stay here again, if I was traveling in the Norman area.
I didnt use the pool but it was very clean in working order. The hot tub did look inviting! Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Denise B
OK154, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. A growing Norman has brought a vast array of restaurants and shopping to our area that I am glad our guests are enjoying.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I didn't realize I had previously stayed at this location when I booked this room, but I recall it's odd location once we drove into Norman. Here is my opinion from this trip (1 night).

Pros-clean, good night's rest, very reasonable rates, polite desk staff.

Cons-bit awkward to find off the main highway, red comforters on bed a little itchy to snuggle up with (not sure if in all rooms), dogs next door a little annoying at times during the evening although it could have been my room location.

Special note-the room I was in DID have the darkening curtains which I used this time : ) Would recommend if you need a clean room at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the west end of hotel as you will occasionally hear 2-3 dogs barking from the townh...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
OK154, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

I am pleased to know that your second stay with us has been enjoyable for the most part. As always glad to hear that our hotel staff continue to be polite and proffessional.
Thank you for the critique on our bedding...we are pleased to inform that we are
in the process of changing out the big heavy comforters to a better balance of modern design and essential comfort bedding. We look forward to any future stay with us and will assign a more pleasant quite location for you. Thank you again for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites of Norman.