“Great Courtyard”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Dallas, Texas
“Great Courtyard”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have stayed at several places in the greater OKC area over the years and this is the by far the best hotel for the money in the area. All the newer designed Courtyards seem to be nice but this location was even a notch above. My room was clean, well decorated, and the wireless worked well. The exercise room was more than adequate and the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

i have stayed at this hotel for 86 days, and from day 1 the staff has been amazing. they have had to deal with many late nights, and crazy demands from us, and have never failed to come through. i appreciate each and every employee here, and am very thankful for all they have done for us.

as for the physical hotel itself... i have no complaints. well... maybe 1... the fridge is small.

if you stay here, you have made the right choice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Des Moines
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a trip from the Midwest to Texas, and could not have asked for a better stopover. The hotel was very attractively decorated, the rooms were welcoming, clean and had everything we needed for a pleasant stay. We ate breakfast there before we left. There was a small menu, but something for everyone. Every person on the staff we interacted with were friendly and focused on making our stay pleasant. Connecting to the free internet was a breeze. This is a trip we will make often in the future, and this hotel will be where we stay every time we make the trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We're shooting a film here and have been here for 6 weeks - the staff and the hotel are just fantastic. Friendly, accommodating, and best of all, they know how to deal with us Hollywood folk when we have a little too much fun after a hard day of filming.

The rooms are nice and spacious. Towels are thick. They have a little pool and a jacuzzi and a couple of treadmills with TV monitors.

The ONLY drawback is the internet which is painfully slow. I often used my satellite. But at least its FREE, unlike other places.

The do have a little bar, and you can grab beer and a burger. Plenty of places to eat right across the street too without driving (Cracker Barrel, Mexican, Sushi, Steak, Ribs) and its convenient to OSU.

At night they have a fire pit outside which we used often to sit around and talk.

I've stayed in a lot of places - for the money, The Courtyard and their staff rocked.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I choose this hotel after seeing the reviews and pictures online. Wanted to try a "Boutique" hotel. Although the decor is nice I was somewhat disappointed with the property. I will be visiting Norman much over the next few years and will NOT be staying here again. There is no complimentary breakfast or late checkout, this may be typical of a Boutique hotel but other hotels in the area offer it. The room A/C unit too loud when you wanted to watch TV, the bathroom fan is even louder. I would think for a newer/newly remodeled hotel more care would have been taken to reduce the noise levels. Oh and the firepit area actually had a (not planned) fire. It was only 1 night but it was enough to convince me to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed here after my wedding, and found it to be a great hotel. The interior is modern and sleek, and our room felt like it should be in a hotel with a higher price tag. The breakfast wasn't quite up to par with going out to eat at a breakfast place, but it was hot and quick. Overall, I loved it and I would book again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I recently traveled to Norman from Dallas, TX to enroll in classes for the Fall semester at OU. Since enrollment began at 8:30, and I didn't want to leave Dallas in the wee hours of the morning, I needed a place to stay overnight in Norman. The Courtyard turned out to be a fantastic choice.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was spacious and spotless. Overall, the hotel appeared to be very new, and the quality and cleanliness of the room reflected that. The carpet was new, the bathroom was spotless, and, most importantly, the beds were clean and comfortable.

The Marriott Courtyard is a fantastic place to stay, and I really do have no complaints. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business