“It was OK”
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Staff was nice, upon entering our room it had a strange smell, couldn't really place it. I was worried I would have to change rooms, but cranked the air up and within an hour didn't really notice it. The room was spacious with a loveseat, fridge and desk area. I'm glad I brought my own pillows because they were just, I don't know, weird. Its really hard to find great pillows at hotels anymore. The bed was comfortable. I got this room on Priceline for $83 so for the money I think it was just fine. I asked for a quiet room not by any elevators, ice or vending machines and they very nicely obliged.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Norman

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Thus is your standard hotel stay. They met our expectations. We liked the pool area and the employees were all very nice. We would return. The pillows are awesome BTW. There were some bugs in the bathroom, but they seemed to clear out after a while.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn and Courtyard by Marriott. This is by far THE BEST. My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice. The staff is great and very caring, especially the guy at the front desk named Denver! He went out of his way to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I actually live in Norman and decided to take a vacation from our normal lives. After some checking around we decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott for one night. Wow what a wonderful surprise.

First of all the location is literally right off the main Interstate 35 and surrounded with dining options from Tex-Mex to Japanese to steaks to seafood. There is also a decent movie theater within a mile and plenty of shopping.

We chose the King Spa Room for the lavish 2 person jacuzzi right by the king size bed. The room also has a mini fridge, coffee maker, desk, walk in shower and Paul Mitchell toiletries. All lovely.

We played a few games on the roll out table located under the desk then headed into the courtyard to sit by the fire pit. With the flick of a switch it lights up a roaring fire! Very romantic.

After that we enjoyed a two hour soak in the jacuzzi which was by far my favorite thing about our room. I almost forgot to mention my husband was able to pick up my favorite beer (Blue Moon) at the bistro bar and they even include orange slices!

A few hours later we headed to the indoor pool area and got in the hot tub for a bit then swam to cool off. All in all I can say this hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is impeccably clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the amenities are something you would find at a higher end hotel. We may just make this a monthly getaway!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank WinsomeWinslet
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for awhile while on business. The staff here was incredible and not to just us business travelers (the hotel also often had teams, families, and vacationers). It's an incredibly well managed business with excellent employees and I feel I received better personalized service here than I have at the other Marriotts I have stayed in (including the JW Marriotts).

Very clean, great price, by far the best staff I have experienced in the OKC area. The rooms are the great quality and standardization that you expect from Marriotts. In addition, the food/bar area has great food and really nice people working.

It was apparent that the staff really cared about their customers and always wanted to make them feel at home. For staying there as long as I did (a few months last time), I am really amazed that I didn't have any real complaint about the place. That's the first time I have ever been able to say that (although I hope it won't be the last).

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My family and I stayed at Courtyard for New Years Eve 2012. My husband and I had stayed here the year before and had a great stay. Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, cool bathrooms. Except, the beds were extremely uncomfortable. My daughter, who stayed in a room down the hall, and I couldn't sleep. I ended up dozing on the couch. My husband and I don't remember the bed being that uncomfortable. So, not sure if all the rooms have the same types of beds or not. Next year, we'll either stay somewhere else, or just stay home.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank poohrn4life
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We have stayed at the Courtyard in Norman several times and generally found it to be clean, well kept and a good value. There were a few misses on this trip. On the good side check in was quick and our room was clean and configured (2 queens) as we requested. On the bad side there were no luggage carts in the lobby (we saw them scattered about upstairs) and there was a room service tray from breakfast outside our door that remained there unitil we checked out. Admittedly these are not major issues but with all the hotel competition in Norman we will probably try a different property next time, hopefully one where the staff is a bit more attentive.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family