“Nice hotel; great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Norman
Oklahoma
“Nice hotel; great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The location was convenient to a mall, shopping, and many chain restaurants, some within walking distance. Check-in was quick and easy with friendly service. The room was spacious and clean. Best of all, it was quiet. I'm a light sleeper and had no noise problems during my stay. I had breakfast both mornings and would recommend getting the breakfast package. It's much cheaper than paying each day and I felt like I got a great amount of food and choice for the little extra I paid. They have healthy options which was very nice. The lobby seemed nice with plenty to offer...computer, printer, snacks (for a fee), beverages, etc. I didn't use the pool of fitness area, so I can't comment on it. Overall, I have no complaints about this hotel and would stay again if in the Norman area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank GOmandm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed on business for a few nights in June. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a bit lacking in taste and character and not free either, but there are plenty of places to eat within a couple of minutes drive, or you could even walk to those places.

The only thing I found worrying was that my colleague came to his room one evening to find the door wedged open, presumably left like that by the cleaning staff. Nothing like this happened to me and I hope it was a one-off. I believe the hotel dealt with it properly and there was no repeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony as they are a little bit more spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Check-in was easy. The room was spacious. The bathroom was nice. Liked the shower. No complaints. Wish I had been able to stay longer. There is no "free" breakfast offered here. But it was easy to find something once we pulled away from the hotel.I would book this hotel property again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Staff was nice, upon entering our room it had a strange smell, couldn't really place it. I was worried I would have to change rooms, but cranked the air up and within an hour didn't really notice it. The room was spacious with a loveseat, fridge and desk area. I'm glad I brought my own pillows because they were just, I don't know, weird. Its really hard to find great pillows at hotels anymore. The bed was comfortable. I got this room on Priceline for $83 so for the money I think it was just fine. I asked for a quiet room not by any elevators, ice or vending machines and they very nicely obliged.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston,MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Thus is your standard hotel stay. They met our expectations. We liked the pool area and the employees were all very nice. We would return. The pillows are awesome BTW. There were some bugs in the bathroom, but they seemed to clear out after a while.

• Stayed January 2013
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn and Courtyard by Marriott. This is by far THE BEST. My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice. The staff is great and very caring, especially the guy at the front desk named Denver! He went out of his way to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I actually live in Norman and decided to take a vacation from our normal lives. After some checking around we decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott for one night. Wow what a wonderful surprise.

First of all the location is literally right off the main Interstate 35 and surrounded with dining options from Tex-Mex to Japanese to steaks to seafood. There is also a decent movie theater within a mile and plenty of shopping.

We chose the King Spa Room for the lavish 2 person jacuzzi right by the king size bed. The room also has a mini fridge, coffee maker, desk, walk in shower and Paul Mitchell toiletries. All lovely.

We played a few games on the roll out table located under the desk then headed into the courtyard to sit by the fire pit. With the flick of a switch it lights up a roaring fire! Very romantic.

After that we enjoyed a two hour soak in the jacuzzi which was by far my favorite thing about our room. I almost forgot to mention my husband was able to pick up my favorite beer (Blue Moon) at the bistro bar and they even include orange slices!

A few hours later we headed to the indoor pool area and got in the hot tub for a bit then swam to cool off. All in all I can say this hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is impeccably clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the amenities are something you would find at a higher end hotel. We may just make this a monthly getaway!

• Stayed May 2013