“Goodness! Good hotel without noisy kids”
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Broken Arrow, OK
“Goodness! Good hotel without noisy kids”
Reviewed 12 December 2009

My wife and I have stayed here multiple times while participating in some of our son's sports activities at OU. All of those other times have been great, in fact very near perfect. But this time the hotel has the most rudest, loudest set of kids staying with them. The night desk clerk has tried to keep peace, but everytime she leaves to take care of one noise complaint she gets bombarded by complaints when she gets back. I'm at the computer desk because I can't sleep. Everytime I doze off a kid screams or someone decides it is time they jump on the bed. Staff both in the early evening and overnight have done the best they could, but it's impossible when you don't have any parental supervision of these kids. To give you an example of the calibur of kids we're talking about here: the desk lady left to field another complaint and one kid thought it would be funny to drain the gallon coffee pots all over the tile floor and carpet. I got to her after she started to empty the second one. I feel for the staff. Everytime we have stayed here they have really went above and beyond in their service. Stinks that there are kids and parents in this world who's only goal is to make someone's life miserable. We love this hotel and will stay again, but will request top floor next time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
memphis, TN
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Always have had great experiences here. This hotel opened earlier this year, and our company started staying with them over the summer. Always have experienced great service and reasonable rates. Two pros that I wanted to quickly mention were their free wireless Internet and easy to use business center (free copies and free faxes are wonderful). I've never had problems with either. My favorite part of this hotel is the breakfast. Because I travel all of the time I have to watch what I eat, and the free buffet breakfasts at other hotels have just become grease fests and breeding grounds for the flu virus left over on utensils. Here though I can order from their restaurant, pay less than I would at a full-service restaurant, and can hook up the Internet for free while I wait. The food is out usually less than 5 minutes and piping hot. This hotel will always be my first choice when coming to Norman/South OKC/Moore area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Great hotel! Stayed in a suite for the U2/Black Eyed Peas concert. Had a child under 1. Had absolutely no noise to speak of. Very clean. We needed a high chair, had it in minutes. You have to pay for breakfast, but it wasn't overpriced and was very good. Great selection of drinks/beer. Good prices on beer too. Internet connection was fast. Great location off I35 and close to OU campus. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 5 October 2009

My family and I enjoyed staying here. This hotel looks just like the courtyard hotels you see in the commercials! Plus it has a Starbucks in the lobby, which my wife really enjoyed. The staff did a perfect job helping us find our way around Norman and the University of Oklahoma. We travel a lot, and this hotel ranks as one of the best we have stayed in. Another bonus is that I also earned Marriott rewards points for the weekend, so that was nice too! We stayed an extra day to visit the casino in the southern part of town; we're going to hate to leave tomorrow. I wish to say thank you to the staff for a wonderful stay. Only drawback really is that there is a lot of construction going on in Norman. Nothing near the hotel, but Norman itself, and even I-35, are going through some changes.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2009

This hotel is fabulous with a reall neat ambiance!! Great location with shopping and restaurants within walking distance. OU just minutes away!!!! Beautifully designed, great features i.e, Go Board. Accomodating staff. Clean, fresh and exciting!!!!!!

I WILL stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel July 31 - August 2, 2009. Easy access off the expressway and great location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel is only a few months old. My room had double beds, mini fridge, flat screen TV' easy to use alarm clock, with HBO etc in the room. The bed was comfortable very clean with plenty of towels in the room. A/C worked great since I llike it in the high 60's at night.
FREE internet service - whether you go wireless or connect via a lanline.

Workout room - I ran twice and they have a couple running and eliptical machine. Towels were available in the workout room. Weights were barbell's only. No biggie - I wanted the treadmill and water available in the room. Use your room key for access.

Pool - I went in the indoor pool area and it looked clean however I didn't go swimming.

Laundry Room - They had 2 machines for doing clothes which I really thought would come in handy if I needed it.

Free Coffee in the lobby and tea. They also had for an addl cost eggs hash browns etc for breakfast. I got one of their morning meal options and the food was hot and verty well prepared.

In the lobby they have a place to print your SWA boarding passes or other airlines for that matter. They also had a business center there. Didn't need it so I didn't you it.

Nice Hotel - Great Location - Great People.

Would definitely stay their again in March.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple