Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We live in Norman so we have not stayed at this hotel. We use the pool regularly when it is open. The pool is not very deep, but it is a salt-water pool and very large. Fewer chemicals, which is better for my skin. Very clean bathroom facilities, nice Jacuzzis outside and even better ones in the bathroom. Both men and women's bathrooms have Jacuzzis and saunas.

Good showers with nice soap, shampoo, herbal conditioner and body lotion. Great towels too.
The gym is also very nice and it is open late or 24hours if you are staying at the hotel since you can use your room key to open it. The pool closes at midnight.

The restaurant at this hotel is pretty good. Went there last night for dinner and the selection was nice. Many stations to have different types of foods prepared for you and the buffet selection was nice also. Good salad bar.

There are also racquetball courts, tennis courts, basketball gym and an indoor and outdoor walking area.

Unless you are staying at the hotel the use of the facilities is only open to federal employees, University employees and employees of 2-3 companies in town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarracenia

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a training center/hotel for postal employees but is also a hotel for the average person. The rooms are VERY small but clean. My room and friend's room were HOT and I had to ask for a fan. The amenities are great! There is a huge buffet, 2 grills and an entree on site. The food was great and at a very reasonable price. The pool is huge with 2 hot tubs. In addition, there is a very nice bar, a huge gym that is open 24 hrs. There is a women's and men's locker room each containing a hot tub and sauna with aroma therapy towels and candles. You can rent guitar's and take lessons, they have a tennis court and a huge outdoor area for smokers and one for non smokers. Massages are awesome and are $30 for 30 min. & $60 for an hr. That was wonderful! There are tons of things to do at this hotel and no reason to even have to leave your accomodations because there is so much to do at the hotel. They have suites, queen rooms and rooms with 2 twin beds but like I said, the rooms are tiny. We got a ribeye, backed potato, huge salad, dessert, a veggie and drink for $16.00 and the food is excellent!

Room Tip: If you take children, you will have to get a suite or get them a separate room b/c of the room size...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed just one day but had a wonderful experience. Kitchen staff Meena was quite helpful - steered me towards the right juices I needed. One other staff even helped me find plastic silverware that I needed for my room. At the front desk, a staff helped me with my fax- told me where to type, then helped me fax it. Just wonderful

Bill Jong-Ebot
Miami, FL

Room Tip: Just make your request in time
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I thought the facility was outstanding for a conference. It has everything a person would need for an extended stay, but I was a little disappointed by the size of the rooms. I didn't have much counter space at the sink to get ready and I tried doing yoga in my room one night and there just wasn't enough floor space.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Loved this place, rooms are small but clean and sufficient. lots to do on the property and great food. like staying in a resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dfler
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The NCED is a government owned Marriott managed "unique housing facility" whose main function is to house postal workers attending training. The federal government throws Marriott a bone and allows them to rent out rooms not being used by postal or the fed. Enough background, the rooms are the size of a walk-in closet, barely fitting a full size bed. The bathroom is so small you can't turnaround in it. Think airplane or cruise ship size. The long hallways and the one inch air return gap under the door make for a noisy stay. My main problems were with the Front Desk Management, who are apparently used to dealing with postal workers under the threat of discipline, calling my wife a liar over a simple dispute which was solved, incidentally by retrieving an electronic record, and the fact that the main clientele are disgruntled, middle-aged, postal maintenance men, whose leered at my wife constantly during my stay. Very creepy, tiny room, NO Marriott rewards, far from anything in Norman, certainly, absolutely you need a vehicle. There are many modern, chain hotels in the Norman area, with much better rooms and amenities. I would not recommend this "unique housing facility" to anyone looking for lodging in Norman, except postal/feds, who must stay there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank AzRat
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear guest,

I am sorry that your experience at NCED was not up to standards. I want to apologize for the situation you encountered with our staff. I assure you that this is not how we train our associates to deal with our guests. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. As a clarification, although the hotel is managed by Marriott, it is not branded as a Marriott, and is not marketed through the Marriott channels and not eligible for Marriott Rewards points. We strive to ensure that our guests always have a clean comfortable room and a warm welcome. Obvioulsy, we failed on that day on the hospitality front. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you sometie in the future. Please, do not hesitate to contcat me personnally.

Yves Badaroux,
General Manager.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

First thing to all people who see this review this is a hotel and training facility for mostly federal employess, so dont expect it to be your usual hotel. I was there on a marraige training seminar with my US Army unit, and had a wonderful time. It was clean, the staff were nice and the food (buffet) was great(remember it is a federal facility), the rooms were small but what do you expect from a facility that is only really there for people that are there for training so most wont have big family size with them. The location was about three milies from the OU campus in norman, and isnt around anything but as long as you have a GPS you will be fine as it is right off the state highway.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#13 of 24 in Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Fairfield Inn & Suites Norman

Been to Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Address: 2801 E State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071-1101 (Formerly NCED Conference Center and Hotel)
Region: United States > Oklahoma > Norman
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Norman
Price Range: £83 - £124 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development 3*
Recently opened to the public, this is the largest hotel in Oklahoma, featuring newly (2009) renovated guest rooms, affordable buffet style dinner and route 66 lounge. It also has the most extensive fitness and recreational facilities of any hotel in Oklahoma. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nced Hotel Norman