Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I was in Norman to attend the Oklahoma University graduation. I found the NCED to be a great place to stay. It was comfortable, affordably priced and quiet, even though it had been booked to capacity the weekend I stayed there. The food was very good and the complimentary breakfast terrific. The only problem I had was eating too much at breakfast, but that was not the hotel’s fault.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I are not postal employees but find this a great place to stay when we visit our grandkids in Noble, about 3 miles away. The staff is superb: very friendly, knowledgeable, and cheerful. Repeatedly, staff at the front desk, the buffet/cafeteria, the bar, etc., went way out of their way to be helpful, too.
We had been warned that the rooms are very small, but they work fine for us, and we never travel light! I really like the chest of drawers and the closet so I can find my clothes easily. The upholstered chair is also very good to have. Because of food sensitivities, I travel with a Koolatron (portable electric refrigerator) and an electric kettle, and we even find room for both of them.
Breakfast provides appropriate choices for both of us, and we are ova-lacto-pesco-vegetarians. It also meets my dietary restrictions. We find eating supper at the buffet when we first arrive after a 9-hour drive is much better than going out to a restaurant.
The microwave by the cafeteria is very useful, as are the hot coffee and tea after hours.
We are looking forward to taking our grandkids swimming now that the pool is open for the season. A saltwater pool is so much healthier than one that is chlorinated.
We enjoyed spending time in the sun in both courtyards with our grandkids last March, when it was otherwise too chilly to stay outdoors long. They are nicely landscaped and I especially like the tiered herb garden. I enjoy seeing and hearing the ducks and geese in the large pond at the entrance.
I agree with the other reviewers about how inexpensive and tasty the food is.
Next week we will stay at the hotel for the fifth time, and are looking forward to it.
Until our daughter moved from Norman to Noble, we stayed many times at a B&B in Norman. We really liked it, and its owner, but find this hotel is much more convenient for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emelie40
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews on Tripadvisor and I greatly appreciate your feedback. Our staff always strives to deliver a great guest experience. I will be sharing your review with them, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We live in Norman so we have not stayed at this hotel. We use the pool regularly when it is open. The pool is not very deep, but it is a salt-water pool and very large. Fewer chemicals, which is better for my skin. Very clean bathroom facilities, nice Jacuzzis outside and even better ones in the bathroom. Both men and women's bathrooms have Jacuzzis and saunas.

Good showers with nice soap, shampoo, herbal conditioner and body lotion. Great towels too.
The gym is also very nice and it is open late or 24hours if you are staying at the hotel since you can use your room key to open it. The pool closes at midnight.

The restaurant at this hotel is pretty good. Went there last night for dinner and the selection was nice. Many stations to have different types of foods prepared for you and the buffet selection was nice also. Good salad bar.

There are also racquetball courts, tennis courts, basketball gym and an indoor and outdoor walking area.

Unless you are staying at the hotel the use of the facilities is only open to federal employees, University employees and employees of 2-3 companies in town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarracenia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a training center/hotel for postal employees but is also a hotel for the average person. The rooms are VERY small but clean. My room and friend's room were HOT and I had to ask for a fan. The amenities are great! There is a huge buffet, 2 grills and an entree on site. The food was great and at a very reasonable price. The pool is huge with 2 hot tubs. In addition, there is a very nice bar, a huge gym that is open 24 hrs. There is a women's and men's locker room each containing a hot tub and sauna with aroma therapy towels and candles. You can rent guitar's and take lessons, they have a tennis court and a huge outdoor area for smokers and one for non smokers. Massages are awesome and are $30 for 30 min. & $60 for an hr. That was wonderful! There are tons of things to do at this hotel and no reason to even have to leave your accomodations because there is so much to do at the hotel. They have suites, queen rooms and rooms with 2 twin beds but like I said, the rooms are tiny. We got a ribeye, backed potato, huge salad, dessert, a veggie and drink for $16.00 and the food is excellent!

Room Tip: If you take children, you will have to get a suite or get them a separate room b/c of the room size...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed just one day but had a wonderful experience. Kitchen staff Meena was quite helpful - steered me towards the right juices I needed. One other staff even helped me find plastic silverware that I needed for my room. At the front desk, a staff helped me with my fax- told me where to type, then helped me fax it. Just wonderful

Bill Jong-Ebot
Miami, FL

Room Tip: Just make your request in time
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I thought the facility was outstanding for a conference. It has everything a person would need for an extended stay, but I was a little disappointed by the size of the rooms. I didn't have much counter space at the sink to get ready and I tried doing yoga in my room one night and there just wasn't enough floor space.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Loved this place, rooms are small but clean and sufficient. lots to do on the property and great food. like staying in a resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dfler
Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Best Western Plus Norman
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#12 of 24 in Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman

Been to Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Address: 2801 E State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071-1101 (Formerly NCED Conference Center and Hotel)
Region: United States > Oklahoma > Norman
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Norman
Price Range: £82 - £166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development 3*
Recently opened to the public, this is the largest hotel in Oklahoma, featuring newly (2009) renovated guest rooms, affordable buffet style dinner and route 66 lounge. It also has the most extensive fitness and recreational facilities of any hotel in Oklahoma. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nced Hotel Norman