“Great location for OU events 4 Stars for value and location”

Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed at the NCED property for OU graduation. The hotel is very well located just southeast of campus which puts you away from much of the traffic. For such a busy weekend, the hotel was very well prepared and there were no long lines or waits. The serving area for breakfast was very large and the kitchen was well prepared for the large number of guests for the weekeknd. The food quality was good and a very large selection in the buffet.
The room was not overly large but average in size. The bathroom sink and shower area was on the small side. The walls must have been fairly thin because I could hear my neighbor showering very easilly. There was a very nice court yard area outside my window that had a large seating area and firepit.
The decor is rather plain, but location price and size (to handle the crowds) made this a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Reviewed 15 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference. The rooms are older and a little small, but the place is extremely clean. The staff is VERY friendly and will go out of there way to help you. The grounds are nicely maintained, and the duck family that roam around outside are adorable. The food is good, and plentiful. The conference area is large and nicely appointed. Staff are always visible to help and serve. I am thinking of booking again for pleasure rather than work.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear guest,

Thnak you for your kind review of our property. Although our hotel is a bit unusual, we take great pride in providing attentive and personal service and in ensuring that our hotel is kept in tip top shape. I will convey your comments to our team, and I and our asociates look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed her with a group of gals for a girl's get-a-way at the advice of another friend. Pulling up its a little intimidating because of the security. However, this hotel has everything you could need! And more! The fitness area is great. The food is amazing and they price is excellent. We were most surprised to discover how great the staff is! They treat you like family. I lost my phone during my stay and a young female security associate hunted it down and brought it right to me! She didn't treat me like an old lady who lost her phone, she was genuinely happy to return it to me! What a wonderful example of our next generation. The entire staff is friendly and attentive. I'll stay here every chance I get! Good job NCED!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2013

If you walk outside 3 days after arriving and realize you haven't been outside that entire time, then the place must be pretty good! This center offers everything you need. The food court has delicious choices for all meals. The exercise facilities are top notch with excellent classes if you want a structured routine. The rooms are small and look a bit dated, but everything is clean and maintained.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thnak you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the many amenities we have to offer. Just wanted to let you know that - although we had a bit of inclement weather for the season - our heated saltwater pool is now open, and that you will have an opportunioty to test it!!. We look froward to hosting you again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Best place to stay near OU, run by marriott but sports facilities by USPS. Sports facilities are great, breakfast is good. For under 100 rooms and hotel facilities are great. Very clean nice place, lot to work out, variety wise.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just attended Laurance Reid Gas Conditioning Conference. Rooms were quite functional, well maintained, and affordable. Conference venue was exceptional, with projectors on all walls of room, and spaced so everybody could see the presentations. Seating was comfortable and this can be a challenge in all-day conferences. The cafeteria is well run and effiicient with a good variety of meals at decent prices. There are great athletic facilties and programs on site, and the staff was really friendly, accomodating, and professional. On my first night, arriving late, a bar tender went out of his way to get me a meal after the kitchen was closed. One of the cafeteria staff tracked me down to return my wallet which fell out of my pocket into the seat. And on my last day, the desk extended my checkout to convenience my airport departure time. These are things customers remember! Overall I was impressed with the hotel and ammenities and would recommend it if planning a large event, or just visiting Norman. If there is a couple things that could be could improved, it would be the hotel room window seals and sound system in conference room. It is quite windy in Oklahoma and the wind whistled through the windows all night, waking me up on occasion. The sound system had extreme feedback at times.

Room Tip: Likely the rooms facing inside to courtyards are less affected by wind noise?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your conference and that our staff demonstrated a high level of hospitality. We are investigating the windows issue, as well as the sound system feedback. We believe that the latter was due to two microphones being too close to each other, but will try recreating the problem to correct it. We look forward to hosting you again next year at the Laurance Reid Conference.

Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Best Western Plus Norman
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#13 of 24 in Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman

Been to Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Address: 2801 E State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071-1101 (Formerly NCED Conference Center and Hotel)
Region: United States > Oklahoma > Norman
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Norman
Price Range: £82 - £166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development 3*
Recently opened to the public, this is the largest hotel in Oklahoma, featuring newly (2009) renovated guest rooms, affordable buffet style dinner and route 66 lounge. It also has the most extensive fitness and recreational facilities of any hotel in Oklahoma. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nced Hotel Norman