Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Norman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
DALLAS TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Took my daughter here for a weekend getaway from OU. Tried to watch a movie, no on-demand movies – no amenities that I could see at all. She left to go back to her dorm because it was nicer than these rooms. Though they did remind me of dorms. We had 2 twin beds. Yes - twin beds. Who has ever heard of such a thing in a "hotel”? When I returned, I accidentally went through the outgate of the hotel and the security guard came up and started screaming at me - to the point where he was spitting. Not exactly a welcoming committee. Though the hotel staff told me he is part of the Postal service and not affiliated with the hotel, this did not make me feel any better. I will never go back, and would discourage anyone from being a guest of this dorm-like facility – misrepresented on travel sites as a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DallasCyclist
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the NCED Conference Center and Hotel. I am truly disappointed to hear of the challenges that you encountered, and wish to extend my sincerest apologies for your frustrations. I will personally address your comments with the security staff at the gate to reinforce the impact they make with every one of our guests. We greatly value your feedback, as it allows us an opportunity to make improvements where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Best regards,

Robbie Tawil
Gretna, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We recently stayed at this "hotel" for two nights while attending an event at OU. Yes, its very convenient for school events. However, the rooms were tiny (the bathroom sink was not in the bathroom and there was zero counter space), and the "restaurant" is actually a hospital-style cafeteria. The lobby smelled like the 1980s (which I think is the last time they cleaned our room). If you are simply looking for a bed and a shower, you may be satisfied with this place. If you are looking for anything more - choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jarrett305
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback, as it is only through the comments we receive from our valued guests that we are able to continuously enhance the service we provide. I apologize that your experience with us was less than exceptional. NCED Conference Center and Hotel strives to provide the best service and experience possible through our extensive amenities we offer to the array of food that we serve in our Sooner Grill, and I apologize we weren’t able to accomplish this for you. Our Front Office Manager, Dan Gallant, would welcome the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Should you wish to discuss this further, please email Dan the best time he can contact you at daniel.gallant@marriott.com. We hope to hear from you and also hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back and provide a memorable, phenomenal stay.

Yves Badaroux
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for an Oklahoma Sooners home football game. Wow! I've been to Norman countless times and never stayed here. This place is awesome. It's a training center for the postal service, so it operates similar to a resort. On-site bar, huge cafeteria/dining hall, pool, basketball court. Rooms are small, but I wasn't there to hang out in the room.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soonerfan171
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Found out this is a common choice for OU football game visitors. It's a most unusual place to stay because in addition to being a hotel it is also the national training center for the USPS. To start with the good it is one of the largest breakfast buffets you'll ever see and good quality food. However as for the rooms; the 1970s called and they want their furniture back. Small rooms and very dated furniture. If you decide to bypass the elevator you'll find the stairwells are painted pepto-bismol pink!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hamrow
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Where do I start? This hotel is huge. We've found it to be easy to get to and close to everything O.U. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel itself bright and attractive. The outside pool is closed now for the season, but is huge and looks to be well kept. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. But, the room with its one queen bed was the smallest hotel room we've ever seen! There is a small desk with good work light on the wall above it. A small 3-drawer dresser, 2 very adequate night stands with good reading lamps. The closet is a nice size. There is a medium-size flat screen tv that works well, with many channels to choose from. The bathroom is very clean. . . and very small. But, although the rooms don't seem to be designed for entertaining or spending much time in other than sleeping, the room was not shabby. It was very adequate. One complaint my husband had, though, was that our room got too warm during the night. It did not bother me.
Guests get a free breakfast every morning and the dining room was enormous! Breakfast is buffet style with many choices, including omelets made to order. They were fresh, large and very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LynninNM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I felt as if the rooms were outdated. They were small and the decor left something to be desired. The bathroom area was not very well lit and was very small. The heat didn't seem to work properly as the room became warmer with the heat off :( I guess if it were a last resort I would possibly stay there but would not be somewhere I would recommend. The good was the front desk staff were friendly and at least the parking seemed somewhat secure with security.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#12 of 24 in Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman

Been to Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Property: Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Address: 2801 E State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071-1101 (Formerly NCED Conference Center and Hotel)
Region: United States > Oklahoma > Norman
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Norman
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development 3*
Recently opened to the public, this is the largest hotel in Oklahoma, featuring newly (2009) renovated guest rooms, affordable buffet style dinner and route 66 lounge. It also has the most extensive fitness and recreational facilities of any hotel in Oklahoma. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nced Hotel Norman