“Loved the hotel, also Autographs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Hutchinson, KS
“Loved the hotel, also Autographs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I arrived a couple hours too early for check-in. Used the south valet in the covered crosswalk in between the hotel and southeast casino entrance and checked our bags without any trouble. We played until 3:00 PM and then walked back to the hotel lobby. There's a nice sitting area and a drink station with coffee, tea and juice. The hotel also provides complimentary, fresh baked cookies.

We checked in, got our bags and took the elevator up to our room on the third floor. This proved to be convenient as there is a walkway from the third floor to the casino, so we didn't have to use the elevator to go back and forth. Your room key is necessary to access the walkway from the casino back to the hotel.

The room itself was clean and spaceous. The bed proved to be very comfortable. There is a safe and a coffee maker, but no refrigerator. There might be some available if you request one, but we were only staying for one night.

Included in our stay were vouchers for a 25 cent beer and free chips and salsa at the Autograph's sports bar and restaurant. We also split a hamburger and fries while we were there and everything was very good. The next morning we also had vouchers for a free non-alcoholic beverage and breakfast menu item. My wife had pancakes and I had a breakfast burrito with a hashbrown casserole. Everything was delicious and a step above the breakfast buffet fare you're comped in other casino hotels.

As for the casino, my wife and I are "low-rollers" that stay within our playing budget. We don't expect to hit a huge jackpot everytime we gamble and mainly appreciate being able to play for a long time. We didn't find Riverwind to be any better or worse than anywhere else we've played. Also, for all the negative, "Neverwin" comments, there wasn't a shortage of people enjoying the casino.

The Riverwind Casino and Hotel is located right off I-35 and there are many shopping and dining options nearby.

Room Tip: Having a players club card will get you a better room rate. The walkway from the hotel to the casin...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank James K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Altus, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Hotel staff was very rude. They like to roll their eyes when you have a complaint brought to their attention, and housekeeping manager had a very abrasive attitude towards guest and her staff. We had over 15 rooms occupied by our friends and family. All of our guest voiced how rude the staff was. I was embarrassed that we had suggested everyone to stay at the Riverwind following our weddiing reception. However, it was convenient for the Casino to be attached to hotel and our guest was impressed with the casino staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank shortyjeje
Norman, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

Pass on by this hotel....Woke up to a full night of gambling to a cold shower....ADVISED MANAGER ON SITE TO BE WELCOMED WITH A COMMENT THAT IF IT WEREN'T A COMP ROOM THAN I COULD TAKE CARE OF...if that doesn't say what your dollars worth, than i don't know what will.....avoid unless u want second class, cause thats exactly how u will b treated...................

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrfilippo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

The rooms are very nice, no bars on the windows. Staff is excellent, don't stop at the bar if you are offended by cleavage.
Restaurant is not a bargain, but commensurate considering the side attractions.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank TommyBahama4urMama
Grand Prairie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

The hotel was beautiful and the beds were very comfy. The hotel staff was great I have no complaints against them.

Autographs was a pretty good restaurant a bit pricey but it was okay, the staff treated us well.

My boyfriend was watching the game in the Energy bar and when my sister arrived to ask him how the football game was going we were asked to leave because we were blocking the entry way. Well, I don't know how we were blocking anything he was sitting in the chair and we were trying to sit on the other side of him and so we left. We then went to another bar and we sat at the bar watching the football game. The staff was great treated us very well. Then the band came on. First of all they were rude, playing music during the football game we asked nicely to turn it off and the band member insulted my sister. I guess next time we or if there is ever a next time, we won't be listening to that band and if I find them on the internet, I will make sure I give them a bad review.

If you stay at the Riverwind you'll enjoy the hotel room. I enjoyed playing on the machines but I didn't so much enjoy the band.

Stayed December 2010
1 Thank tamgrandprairie
Bryan, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed at the Riverwind hotel, which is right next to the casino. OH my goodness- it was awesome!!! The rooms were spotless, comfortable and we paid a GREAT rate. I have not stayed in a hotel as nice as this one- it was totally clean, appeared new, had coupon for free breakfast and had the most awesome beds and accomodations. My son stayed in the room with me while my mom went to the casino. he really enjoyed the bed, pillows, free juice that's on all night, the lobby decor and the large TV. the staff there are WONDERFUL- doted on my son, gave him candy and were great. the lobby has free cookies at the desk and the parking was great- front row. security patrols the property, so i felt safe leaving some valuables in the car instead of lugging everything inside. they told us how to get cheaper rates for the hotel (getting a casino players card for free). i would stay here again if we traveled to norman!!

1 Thank Nurseaggie