“Excellent place to stay!”
Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The wife and I stayed two nights in December. This was my second stay at Riverwind Hotel. I continue to be impressed by the quality of this hotel. The place is virtually spotless and smells clean. All the staff I spoke with were friendly and helpful. We always received a smile and a greeting whenever meeting staff; everyone from the frontdesk to maintenance and housekeeping. The bed was very comfortable. The linens had the slightest smell of bleach; however this didn't bother me. Bleach is good. At least I know they had been cleaned in an appropriate manner. Please be aware that check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. and not a minute earlier. We will be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention your players card when making a reservation. We received a discount price on the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Riverwind Hotel

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed here in October and was very impressed. The staff even asked how everything was including staff in hallways. We returned in December and wow what a drastic change for the worse! They had sprayed something throughout the hotel smelled like a strong cinnamon smell about choked us. All night commotion in hallways and parking lot so we got very little sleep. Then we had to stuff a towel around the window heating unit to keep freezing outside air from getting in our room. To top it off the maid that cleaned the room forgot to turn off the previous people's alarm so we were awake bright and early at 7 am on our vacation which we could have slept in! Upon checking out not even the lady checking us out asked how was your stay, was everything okay? I would have gladly told her everything if she had asked. Needless to say, we won't be returning here. Very disappointed considering we paid $160.00 tax and all for this room!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The room had a very odd odor, did not smell good at all. Bed linen was not comfortable, found stains on towels in bathroom. Website is better than the property itself, very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Ohjohnyboy
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at Riverwind on a saturday night and a thursday night this month of Sept. Both times it was a wonderful experience. The Bell Hop was right there to help carry in luggage or suggest
the car be parked in valet parking. And went to the car twice for things forgotten.
I was traveling with others & we all were given top treatment.
Brian Davis is great and had a great sense of humor with all his people & with us. All of
the staff were quick to see that our needs were met. And the cookies were delicious.
I hope the Baker stays with them!!
I will return with my family & I know they will enjoy it as much as I did.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is connected to the casino!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I travel with other females and feeling safe is very important! The Hotel staff were almost like family. They remembered me being there a week earlier and seemed so pleased to see me and my traveling companions. I lost my cell phone the day before I arrived and the desk personnel took care of stopping my service until I could get back home. Anytime we went thru the lobby we were always acknowleged. The fresh baked cookies they delivered were awesome! Where else can you get service like that!
I would say you have the best mamager I have encountered! I will definitely go back and also recommed it to my friends.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor-very convenient to the Casino.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I must say that this is one of the friendliest hotel staff that I have encountered. Very courteous. I recommend this hotel highly even if you dont plan on visiting the casino.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have stayed at Riverwind Hotel several times and each time the experrience is better. I make reservations and when I get there the young man at Fronk Desk remembers my name and always asks about my family. I now have my son staying there when he can. He is retired Air Force. Rooms are always clean and with a nice tray of cookies to snack on.The exercise room is always clean andc equipment in good shape. It is always a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family