“Riverwind Hotel - Norman, OK”
Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Riverwind Hotel - Norman, OK”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great facility and staff! Highly recommend this property! The room was very spacious and very clean! The room was exactly as promised and expected. The staff was very friendly and displayed a genuine concern for the customer.

Room Tip: The room with a single king was very spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gennyv V
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
To our Guests from Oklahoma City, OK:

We are glad you chose Riverwind Hotel for your stay. We also appreciate the kind words that you had to say about the hotel. We take pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next stay, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Dexter, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed here a number of times, the rooms are very nice. The staff, from management, front desk clerks and the maids are always extremely polite and friendly. If you need anything, anyone on staff will go out of their way to help you. The buffet in the casino is always good for any meal. Staying at the hotel you get a nice coupon for the buffet. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: The 3rd is the loudest due to the access to the casino, if looking for real quite, try 1st or 2nd fl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William B
To our Guests from Dexter, New Mexico,

Thank you for choosing the Riverwind Hotel for your stay. We take pride on providing the best possible experience for the guest. We appreciate your comments and we have passed on your comments to the Willows buffet also. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay. If we can do anything to make your next stay any better, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I stay here periodically for special occasions. It never fails the Riverwind staff go above and beyond. This stay when we checked into our room we had a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a bottle of wine, and some chocolates. We also got discount coupons for the breakfast bullet at Willows. It was an amazing night. We enjoyed ourselves. The front desk staff was super friendly. As someone who has worked in the hotel industry for quite some time it is always a pleasure to have great customer service from the front desk. The room was clean. I always do a room inspection when I go into a room. From the bathroom to the bed, to the night stand, and everything in between was spotless. Keep up the good work. Your team is doing a wonderful job!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sralvis
To our guests from Choctaw, OK:

I would like to personally say congratulations on your special day. We are glad you enjoyed the flowers, wine and the chocolates. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's comments like yours that keeps us motivated to give the best guest service and to provide the guest with the best possible experience. We look forward to your next visit with us and if there is anything that we can do to make your experience even better, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Best Wishes,
Garland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Staying at Riverwind Hotel is always a pleasure, and the two nights I spent there in August were no exception. The rooms are large and comfortable, with excellent beds and nice amenities. I'm always delighted to find a coffee maker in my room. If you're not interested in being near the casino, however, they are a bit pricy as just a place to sleep for the night. We enjoyed our room, complete to flat screen TV and the whole casino experience. The only missing element was a swimming pool and hot tub. It would be nice to have a diversion other than gambling for at least part of the day, as the hotel and casino aren't in walking distance of any other activities.

Room Tip: If you're a gambler, go for the third floor, which has a walkway to the casino.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mimawsue
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
To our guests from Garland, TX,

We appreciate your kind words about your stay with our hotel. We take pride in ensuring that every guest receives the best experience possible during their stay. It is comments like this that keep us motivated to do so. We are glad that you stayed with us and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. As for the pool and hot tub, we do have plans to add one with the expansion of the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Alvarado, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Riverwind Hotel and Casino on Sunday, August 4th. We arrived expecting valet parking and bell service. When we arrived valet parking was blocked off. Since my husband cannot walk distances, we stopped and I went in to inquire about parking and bell service. I was informed the only valet parking available at that time was at the casino. If we wanted valet would would have to park at the casino and walk the distance of the casino and though to the hotel with our luggage. Bell service was also not available. The morning bellman was off for the day and the night bellman called in sick. We could however pull up on the west side and use one of the carts to unload our luggage. HOW THOUGHTFUL. We managed, I unloaded the car and we found handicap parking nearby. The Casino was not much better. Started off nice, good bartender. He ran us a tab and remembered what we wanted each time I walked up to the bar. The casino floor staff was a different story. We are late gamblers.My husband finally found a machine he liked and it was paying off when the floor staff came up and told him he had to cash out and play somewhere else. They were closing the area to service the machines. I voiced my disagreement of this policy was was told too bad. I'm just doing my job. We have gambled all over the US and this was a first for us. I have had them service machines around me and come back to mine after I stopped playing, but never told I had to cash out and move on! Needless to say, we will not be back. Too bad, it's a beautiful casino. Clean and not a heavy smell of smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank pssprinkle
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
To our guest from Alvarado, Texas,

We appreciate the time you took to give us some feedback. It is comments like this that help us make changes so that the guest has the best possible experience they can have at the Riverwind Hotel.

First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies about not having bell service the night that you decided to stay with us. It is our mission to give every guest the best possible experience they can have staying with us. It is our mission to step up and pick up the duties of that person. We have addressed with our staff the importance of this mission.

Second, the Riverwind Hotel and the Riverwind Casino do our best to work together to give the guests both in the hotel and the casino the best possible experience. At the time that the south valet parking was closed, the casino was sealing the valet area in between the hotel and the casino and that is why it was closed. I have conveyed your concerns to the appropriate people inside the casino about the experience you had.

I do hope that you will give the Riverwind Hotel and Casino another chance. If you would like to stay with us again, please contact myself personally and we will our best to make sure you have the best possible experience. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies about the experience that you had with your stay.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I just got married and we were looking for a place to go on our honeymoon and this is where we started out at. When we arrived the front desk agents were so nice and professional that we knew then that we had stopped at the correct spot. Not only did they get us checked in quickly but they were very friendly and helpful when we asked questions about the things that they had to offer. We mentioned that we were there for our Honeymoon so when they checked us in they offered to put us on the 4th floor in an area that only a few other guests could access. When we went into the room is was wonderful talk about nice. I have stayed at some very nice places before but this was more than I had ever expected. Then we went to the casino played a few of the games and had a wonderful time. Even though he lost I was winning so and that was never expected either. Then we decided to go eat and we ate at the restaurant Chips and Ale (this was the restaurant that the frontdesk agents suggested) and it was amazing! Food was wonderful and the server was on top of it she made sure that if we needed anything she was right there. After dinner we returned to our room to a wonderful suprise sitting on our bar are by the coffee maker was a chilled bottle of Champaign with two flutes! What a wonderful touch they really were trying to make this a special night for the two of us it was great!

The next morning we went down to the front desk and was greeted by Mr. Krodel and he was so pleasant and to our suprise he knew that we were there on our Honeymoon as well. He greeted us by telling us that he was honored that we selected his hotel for our Honeymoon night and he Congratulated us on our marriage!

Everything about our stay was wonderful from the room, food, casino, and the MAIN thing the WONDERFUL STAFF!!!

I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a place to get away!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ezra P
Ronnie K, Front Office Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
To our Guests from Oklahoma City,

Once again, congratulations on your special day. We are delighted that you chose to stop at the Riverwind Hotel to start your honeymoon. The entire staff wishes you both all the best on your special occasion. The one thing that we strive for is to listen to our guest(s) and try to anticipate special occasion and/or events. I am delighted that the bottle of champagne made your stay with us even better.

I have passed your comment about Chips & Ales on to them also. They also appreciate the wonderful comments. We hope that you decide to stay with us once again and we will make that stay even better than the last one. If you need anything on your next stay with us, please contact myself or any one of the hotel staff and we will be delighted to help make your stay even better.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have stayed at the Riverwind Hotel over 20 times in the last year. I consider the Riverwind Hotel, management and entire staff, to be the best I've ever encountered. This place is truely special. If you ever visit the OKC metro area for business or pleasure, you owe it to yourself to be pampered at the Riverwind Hotel. CR

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Oklahom
To our Guest CR,

I would like to take a minute on behalf of myself, then entire management staff and also the entire Riverwind Hotel staff to say "Thank You" for the kind words. We strive to give the guest staying within our hotel the best experience possible. It's comments like yours that keeps us motivated to giving the best customer service possible. We appreciate the times that you have stayed with us in the past year and hope to see you again in the near future. If there is anything we can do to make your stay even that much better, please feel free to contact myself or anyone of the hotel staff in order to assist you.

Best Regards,