“Best casino experience”
Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
El Reno, Oklahoma
“Best casino experience”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our room was tip top! It was clean, tidy and very cozy. The bed was amazing! Chad and Canlyn were helpful and polite, and excited to have us for 2 nights. We were pleasantly suprised to receive a complimentary 2 night stay at Riverwind. Plus free plays at the casino. And a meal at Willows Buffet. Everyone we encountered was eager and willing to serve us. Even tho we did not hit it big at the casino, the overall experience was very enjoyable. We will definately be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
To our guests from El Reno:

We would like to thank you for staying at the Riverwind Hotel. We take pride in providing the best possible customer service all the way from housekeeping to the general manager. I am glad that everyone was taken care of during your trip. I will pass along the kind words to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. If there is anything that you need on your next stay, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed 21 November 2013

From the minute we arrived at The Riverwind Hotel. The hotel
Staff and General Manager went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. All three of our party were each taken care of. We felt like celebrities entering our own home with staff we have on salary. I have stayed everywhere from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Hawaii and beyond. I have never felt as welcome, comfortable and spolied as we did on our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
To our guest JessiPagel:

Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I want to thank the Riverwind Hotel and Casino for all the great comps we receive. We have been coming there for about 2 years now and we love it. It is by far our favorite hotel and casino. The rooms are nice and roomy and very pleasant. The casino is just so much fun, we don't always win, but that is to be expected. But on our most recent trip, Nov. 15 and 16th of 2013 my husband did really good. I received a comp for 2 free buffets, 2 free nights at the hotel, $75.00 free play for the 15th and $50.00 for the 16th and a $25.00 Love's gas card with a total of 50 points on my card. This is part of what makes the Riverwind so awesome. My compliments go to Brandon at check-in for being so nice and friendly and then to Carolyn at check-out for being so nice and friendly. This is what great service is all about! We had a great weekend, a lot of great comps, a wonderful visit in the hotel and won a little money! What could be better than that for a weekend away? Thanks to everyone at Riverwind Hotel and Casino!

Room Tip: I believe they would all be awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
To our guests from Mesquite, Texas:

I would like to personally stay "Thank You" for making us your #1 choice. We take pride in providing the best possible customer service. We welcome you back anytime and are glad that you have been staying with us for so long. We take pride in providing the best possible customer service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. If there is anything that you do need on your next visit, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Canadian, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I stay at The Riverwind when we come to OU football games, basketball games, and other activities. Every stay has been perfect....from the hotel staff, the casino staff, and the restaurants' staff....perfect. The cookies are always a delicious treat! The rooms are clean and the beds are really comfortable! I would like to especially thank Carlos (for helping me with the cart) and Carolyn (for finding my raincoat I left in the closet and mailing it back to me AT NO CHARGE). The only thing that could be better is....winning all the time in the casino! :)

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room yet!
To our guests from Canadian, Texas:

We would like to welcome you back to the Riverwind Hotel. We are delighted that you choose to stay with us. We take pride in providing the best customer service to each and every guest that stays with us. We also take pride in making sure that the littlest detail will make your stay that much more enjoyable. I will pass along the kind words the staff and look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next visit, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Kinds Regards,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for a night for our anniversary and got a suite at the Riverwind Hotel. The room was in great condition, it was huge, with a nice big tub. We even got welcomed with chocolates and wine. Very clean room, service was great, Carolyn at the front desk was very pleasant and the bellman Kevin was very respectful. All in all a great stay. The only thing I would say is the breakfast at Willow's they promote was not the best, but the hotel itself is great!

To our guests from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:

I would like to say Happy Anniversary. We are glad that you decided to stay with us for your special occasion. We take pride in providing the best customer service to each and every guest that stays with us. I will pass along your kind words to the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next visit, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Jenks, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband got a card in the mail for one free night, two free buffets and $30 reward play at the Riverwind Hotel & Casino in Norman, Ok so I looked up the hotel on Trip Advisor, looked nice so I decided to book an extra night. My husband and I where on a long needed vacation, we left on a Thursday and headed to Branson, Mo for couple of days... That October 26 (anniversary), we had reservations at the Riverwind Hotel. When we arrived my husband got out in went in to get a baggage cart, he soon came out with a young man in nice suite I do not remember his name though but he had a nice smile. Anyways he got our luggage out put it on the cart, while he was doing that I was just looking around in the car for anything else I need when I heard “excuse ma’am do you need your straightener” “I was like my what” My husband piped in your flat iron I smiled and said “yes I do.” I had totally forgotten that I had laid it in the trunk because it was still warm when we left Branson. My reason for telling this part before I get to the room review is the attention he was giving us, he could have just got the luggage and kept it moving. (Sometimes the small things make the difference). The lobby was very clean and nicely decorated, the young man that got our luggage worked behind the desk he got us checked in and told us “have nice stay and I will be turning you over to Carlos” we thanked him and went up to the room. Carlos was “AWESOME” is very personable, attentive and he had a nice smile. After we got up to the room, he unloaded the luggage and then went to get us some ice. He said, “If there is anything you need just let me know and I will get it for you.” I know that is what he says to all the guests but he made us feel that we were the only guest in the hotel. You can usually tell when people are just saying something they do not really mean, this was not the case. He takes his job seriously and that is rare especially in the customer service business. The hallways to our room smelled good and they were clean. Now for the room(absolutely loved it) it was also very nicely decorated and clean they had some sparkling wine on ice along with a sweet card from the staff saying “Happy Anniversary” and thanking us for staying. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The stay there was great! In addition, so was all of the staff from check-in to checkout. Lastly, again the cleanliness of the entire hotel was amazing I recognize little things etc. because my husband and I own a small cleaning company so I have a tendency to look at everything.
We will stay at the hotel again Riverwind Staff you guys “ROCK” keep it up!

Jeff & Cynthia M.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
To our guests from Jenks, Oklahoma:

I would like to wish you guys a Happy Anniversary and the hotel staff is glad that you decided to stay with us. It is comments like yours that keeps us motivated to provide the best customer service. We take pride in paying attention to the little details that will make your stay that much more enjoyable. I will pass your kind words on the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay at the Riverwind Hotel. If you should need anything on your next visit, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Irving, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Customer Service at the front desk was super! I rarely have received this type of service at 5-star hotels. There were very attentive to my needs/wants. Many thanks to Carlos for taking care of 3 fussy/picky ladies celebrating a birthday.

This was the first time that I had stayed at Riverwind, and know for future reference to request a room on the opposite side of I-35. While the road noise wasn't terrible, I am sensitive to sound, so I could hear it. That is the only reason why I didn't give them 5-star ranking.

The room was very comfortable and clean. Bed and bedding were good. I felt safe and secure. Certainly no complaints!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
To our guests from Irving, Texas:

I would like to take moment to personally thank you for staying at the Riverwind Hotel in Norman. We take pride in providing superior customer service to each and every guest that stays with us. Carlos does a great job at taking care of all of the guests that he comes into contact with. I will pass along the kind words to him.

Each time that you make a reservation, please mention to the Guest Service Representative that you would like a room not facing the interstate and we will do our best to accommodate you. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again at the hotel. If you should need anything during your next stay, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.