“I would not stay here ever again!!!!”
Review of OU Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
OU Motel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is the worst place I have ever stayed, and I travel a lot. They were sanding and painting rooms at 7:30 in the morning. I have asthma and the paint fumes were coming through the ventilation, making me sick. I found cockroaches in bed with me one night, and could smell mold in the walls. This place is a dumpster!!!!! Also, the lady that runs this place has no customer service skills, is rude, hateful, and should chose a different line of employment. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank robinginnette

Reviewed 10 November 2012

older place but is nice and quiet and the rooms are clean I have stayed here alot and no problems since 2008 I also while have stayed they will not put up with drugs or any filthy people Ilike to stay here when Im in town

Room Tip: they are all nice I but Ilike the king size beds those rooms have a tub in them
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank missalee b
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the OU motel on one of their monthly rates. It seemed like a good deal at first, as my family and I had an awkward situation and had to find a place quickly. They offered a one bedroom floor plan, which was why we chose them. However, we soon found out that the desk staff are rude to you no matter how polite you are to them, and the property seems a bit rundown on the surface, but is DIRTY when you look closer. The maintenance guy took two weeks to fix a minor issue in our room, and failed to inform the management when we told him there were roaches in our room. When we called the desk to ask when our room would be treated for roaches, they said it was the first time they had heard of this and acted like it was our fault for not informing the hotel. It took another week before the guy came to spray. If you get mail sent here, as you would expect to be able to do at an extended stay place, the desk staff calls you, sounding put out that you have received mail, and demands you come pick it up ASAP, If you don't pick it up that day, they will send it back the next. Now, I understand that it could be irritating if people are constantly letting their mail stack up in the office, but our room apparently received several calls with increasingly urgent demands that our mail be picked up while I was at work and my boyfriend was sleeping (he works nights). They say they provide housekeeping once a week, but really the housekeeper just comes around to all the rooms and tests the smoke detectors. She does not clean at all. If you pay a limited service rate, not only do they not provide sheets and towels, etc, as I had expected, they also do not leave the TV or the landline phone in the room. The only thing that I could list as a positive here is that the water pressure in the shower is awesome, but that hardly makes up for the failings of the motel. Not only would I not recommend this establishment to anyone, I would encourage you to actively avoid a stay here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. They are filthy and infested with roaches. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank John C
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I have been staying at the OU motel off and on since 1998. It is an older motel but clean, comfortable and quiet. Very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple