“Great food and Great draft beer”

McNellie's Abner Ale House
Ranked #43 of 334 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What is there not to love?!?! Great food... I had the club sandwich with sweet potato fries. My husband had a burger and fries. Very good. Bartender recommended some awesome beers we had never heard of... A must visit place!

There are newer reviews for McNellie's Abner Ale House

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed the variety - soup, salad, burgers, fish & chips,... and the atmosphere. Maybe it's noisy when students are in Norman, but we appreciated the quiet evening.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I went to this place just this past weekend with another couple we were visiting with in Norman. We had good burgers, fries, and the beer of the month. The burgers were thick and juicy with fresh toppings. The beer battered fries, the sweet potato fries, and the tater tots (Everyone chose something different.) were tasty and not over-salted like other places. (I can't stand all the salt and seasonings some places put on their fries and tots.) The beer was good and cold.

The atmosphere was relaxed, and our waiter was friendly and prompt with drink refills and checked on us periodically to see if we needed anything. All in all, it was a good experience.

1  Thank LaylaOK
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a great find! If you are searching for a place to try many local/Oklahoma brews and have a great meal, this is the place. I stopped here twice during my 2-week stay in the area. Both visits were great experiences - from service to food to price. On my second visit, McNellie's accommodated a group of 12 of us with no prior reservation - just on-the-spot arrangement. Thanks to the staff for a great evening!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great food, great beer selection, great place to go with friends or family. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.