“Clean, and new!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Norman
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here for one night enroute to Houston for our daughter's wedding. This place is new, fresh, clean and good-sized rooms. The breakfast was average, and the rooms had lots of electrical outlets for all those devices we carry with us these days. The only negative is there isn't a pool, which was disappointing to my son after we had just traveled 6 hrs in the car, and it is also pretty far from most things except for a couple of fast-food restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmaysmom

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here on a weekend trip to visit the nearby casino.
The staff were very kind and knowledgeable. Our room was VERY clean and smelled AMAZING when we walked in. Located minutes from the OU campus and restaurants. They offer a shuttle to the casino next door 24 hours a day. They served a hot breakfast of eggs, waffles, bacon, a variety of fruit, cereals and oatmeal. We will be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here recently on business for eight weeks. The facility is clean and new. The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room was clean, and well appointed. Located minutes from OU; and minutes from endless food and restaurant choices in Norman. There's a 24 hr shuttle to the casino nearby. Parking is good. Theres a nice pool and a gym. They serve a hot breakfast, and there's free cookies in the lobby. But the real value is the staff. From check-in to check-out, each person there was genuinely friendly and more than helpful. I've spent 4 1/2 of the last nine years in hotels; and this place is probably the nicest stay I've ever experienced. There's no business center, but the staff was always willing to print and make copies for me whenever I asked. The housekeeping staff was excellent. No complaints at all on this stay.

Room Tip: Morning sun in the front, afternoon sun in the rear.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roomforerror
DorisC172, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I arrived to check in around 4:30 pm and my room was waiting, I had been traveling 8 hours! The room was clean and bed was comfortable, and very appealing in color. I hopped the shuttle to the casino and took in the buffet for dinner. I waiting only a short time for the shuttle back to the hotel after dinner and was in bed shortly there after. The hotel had choc chip cookies waiting at the front desk. The breakfast pretty common as other hotels, it was hot and very plentiful. Eggs, sausage, fruit and yogurt. I checked out the pool but didn't use it as it was outdoor saltwater and I didn't have my suit with me on this trip. It would have been very relaxing! Maybe next trip. The location ( Bankers Ave ) is difficult to find as it is side street running by the casino.. I will be back to stay another trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Tried checking in and no room available. Had to share a room with other traveler that snored all night long. The facilities are nice and up to date. The night clerk was very rude about the room and stated this is what we have and you can take it or leave it. Very bad service.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank jrgenterprises
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We were having our house rewired and I decided to check out Sleep Inn and Suites. I must say, the lobby is beautiful. Everything was just the way it should be. Very close to Riverwind Casino, which is where I usually stay. They do have a courtesy shuttle to and from the hotel 24 hours a day. The only thing I would be able to complain about is the outdoor pool. My kids and I burn very easily so we prefer indoor pools. However, instead of the pool being chlorinated it was salt water. To me, that was great. It takes forever to get the smell of chlorine out of things. Other than that, I was very pleased with my stay. I believe the manager was the one who checked us in and our room wasn't quite ready. That was fine with us, we went and grabbed a bite to eat while waiting. She called to let us know when it was ready. She was very polite and incredibly helpful. If you are going to stay here, make sure you look for direction first. It is off Banker's Ave, which is a side street running down the side of the casino. It is a little difficult to get down, but other than that, I was pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keisha C
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The listed check in time is 2:00pm, and should probably be changed because this was not achievable for many of us on the day we arrived. In fact there were people waiting for their rooms every time we crossed the lobby and rooms were still being cleaned when we left for the evening, after 7pm. We waited until almost 4pm, over an hour for our room and the clerk finally called the manager who authorized an upgrade. Needless to say the place was full. I appreciated the effort of the desk staff to placate us with cookies and express apologies but we came a long way, got their an hour after check in time and had to wait another hour. Didn't need the sofabed but the larger room was nice, everything is clean and newish and the bed very comfortable. Doubt if we will return though, Couldn't manage a full house...Oh yeah my husband says the blinking lights on the smoke alarm right above the bed are very annoying.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple