“Wonderful play to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Norman

Super 8 Norman
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Norman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elgin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had called before making trip to inquire about pet policy. We have 2 dogs so wanted to see what the fee would be. Was told it was a flat fee of $10/day. I specifically asked about having my 2 dogs and was told it was still only $10/day - not per pet, and that the stay had to be in a smoking room(we are not smokers - so yuck, but understandable). Front desk clerk when we checked in saw our 2 dogs and only charged us $10/day as well. On the 3rd day of our week long visit, a creepy lady with coke bottle glasses approached me at the base of the stairway, getting right up in my face, and asked, "What room are WE in?". It was a little shocking to be approached like that, but then i saw her "Super 8" badge and told her our room number. Thought it odd, but didn't ask why she was asking. Proceeded to our room after a long day outside, was getting into the shower and the phone rang. It was the warden and she stated, "I noticed you have 2 dogs and you only paid for 1 dog." I explained to her that the hotel already knew we had 2 dogs there, and it was explained to me there was only a flat pet fee. I told her we refused to pay an extra fee, because it was clearly stated to me that it was a flat pet fee, not a per pet, per day fee. A few days later, at checkout, she had made a note on our bill that she had caught us with 2 pets and that we had only paid for one. Here we go again...I reiterated the same argument once again to no avail. The front desk clerk could not reverse the extra charges, but said she would have the manager call me. When he did, we went round and round. He told me several times that "I" had misunderstood what I was told. I'm sorry, but I called ahead to find out what the fees were so that I could decide if bringing the dogs or driving our own RV on the trip was more cost effective. He basically made it sound like he thought I was stupid and that no one in his facility would ever have told me what I was told - AND- he said it is stated clearly on our website. Good luck with finding it! I went back to the website and there is a tiny little dog icon below "Hotel Website". If you role your mouse over it - it does nothing, but if you set your mouse on it for more than 2 seconds - it pulls down the pet policy. Really? I looked all over the sight for the pet policy, before making the phone call to find out what it was. So - I told the manager that he could either reverse the charges or I would fight the charges through American Express. He reversed the charges, but once more, before getting off the phone had to tell me that I had just misunderstood what I was told. Wow...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family