“worth the drive, new machines are fun”
Review of Thunderbird Casino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thunderbird Casino
Ranked #11 of 33 things to do in Norman
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I realize this casino like most can be smokey, it is comical to see the chain smokers that live in the casinos. other than the smoke they are giving the casino a facelift and have added some new 25 cent machines which are fun to play. i was there recently and had one go into spin mode and paid the top amount. also the fact they do not charge you to play blackjack give comps to the deli for playing tables, and give one percent cashback makes it worth the drive instead of the closer casino to me which is riverwind

2  Thank marymark059
There are newer reviews for Thunderbird Casino

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I visited Thunderbird Casino after i tried my luck at RiverWind, and let me say Thunderbird is awesome! I went with my grand parents my girlfriend and my cousin we had a blast it a small Indian casino but the offer so much quality its one of the only places you can play blackjack ante free! My girlfriend and i loved the slots! not to mention the slot club rewards are the fastest point system I've ever had the pleasure of using i got to play 10$ free on the casino. For a good time i definitely recommend Thunderbird Casino. also ask for the free playing cards up front!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I live 8 minutes away from riverwind (never-win) and 30 minutes from thunderbird. To me it is worth my gas money to drive to thunderbird. i take a set amount to play on and on average i get more play at thunderbird hands down compared to riverwind on the slots. i frequently have hits of 100 dollars at thunderbird versus, 20-30 dollar hits at riverwind which keeps me playing much longer. Normally i can walk out ahead at thunderbird if i choose versus riverwind rarely. Also here they do not charge to play blackjack and are talking about going to a real rating system for table play as in vegas maybe 30 percent return on investment? Now if you sit down and play they will give you a comp easily to the deli every time you sit down! And the one percent slot return is about 100 percent better than riverwind, i know i play both places, also there are not as many employees as players so who pays for all of the staff at riverwind , oh yeah anybody who donates there money there. This casino honestly gives me more for my buck so i play here often, good luck! mark

1  Thank marymark059
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I loved the fact that I rarely lose big money here and I like their cash-back rewards. Pretty standard as an Oklahoma Indian Casino goes but the smoke is horrible. Every time I go, I have to wash everything I have worn as soon as I get home. It is the smokiest place I have ever been in besides a bar or a bingo hall! The employee's are nice. No fancy here, just slots and gaming tables and basic grill.

1  Thank pgfan4ever
Reviewed 3 March 2013

As i live in norman and the closest gaming is riverwind, or goldsby gaming it is good that the shawnee tribe has a casino within a 30 minute drive. As goldsby gaming is close i normally donate my casino budget there. As the casinos are not regulated by any state or national gaming authority and the tribes can turn on or off the servers at will with no oversight legalities i decided to try thunderbird. They have closed off some of the area, put in some new machines and it is roomy. They also have a small table gaming section and unlike the riverwind bunch they do not charge the crazy 50 cent a hand "ante" as they call it here to play so you are not renting the chair like you do at riverwind. I don't play cards at riverwind due to this add on charge which in essence you are renting a chair for 30 dollars an hour with no comps so i don't bother. Anyways when i was out there this last friday they had the servers turned on and i walked out the door with twice the amount i walked in there with and got a lot of play for my money so it was a very enjoyable experience. And as a plus they do a one percent return which is really bad in comparison to the rest of the united states but better than nothing like you get a riverwind and goldsby gaming. Good Luck and remember that if they tribes decide to turn off the servers and not pay out any bingo cards while you are playing there is no sense in chasing your losses as oklahoma is all class 2 gaming and the payback percentage is NOT regulated by law.

4  Thank marymark059

Been to Thunderbird Casino? Share your experiences!