“Good food, good service, pleasant place”
Review of Misal of India

Misal of India
Ranked #41 of 335 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: French, Indian
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We ate here many times in the past, but today was our first visit in perhaps five years. Today, we received good, attentive service and good food. We found both the lentil and the eggplant dishes well seasoned and very tasty. We think Misal is one of the better Indian restaurants in the greater Oklahoma City area.

There are newer reviews for Misal of India

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend the lunch buffet. Excellent selection and everything is so fresh. The service here is amazing as well. One of the gems of Norman!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I get the she kabob...it is delicious and cooked in the tandori oven...yum. My husband gets the meditterianian plate and thinks it is delicious. The lentil soup is fantastic for an appetizer. Chicken vidoolo. Is another of my favorites...spicy and good. The rice pudding is good too. I appreciate the service..they are very kind. The owner is A1. Cool Indian music...go...it is nice. I always feel like I have eaten healthy and light.

1  Thank Kokomo57
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Misal since they were located on Campus Corner. Since them the service has become terrible. The food is fine but the staff manages to ruin the evening. The last two times we have given them the benefit of the doubt, but never
again. Last evening they forgot our apetizers , forgot to ask us what we would like to drink and we had requested a chutney tray which they brought at the end of the meal. Once they brought the food they forgot us. We won't be going back

2  Thank 810taylor
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We had Misal recently and I decided they deserved another positive review since last year. Our service was great...the food was fresh and delicious and the prices were reasonable.

Some other reviewers have complained about portion sizes and I agree they could be a little more generous with the meats - lamb and chicken in particular. If you are starving when you arrive, you would be best ordering some samosas or stuffed naan and fill up a little on those. Having said that, they don't skimp on using the absolute highest quality of ingredients. The lamb melts in your mouth!

I ordered Makhani Chicken, hummus, potato bhaji and kheer. All delicious and the kheer is to die for! They make the best by far.

As far as atmosphere - the handpainted murals of the Taj Mahal are lovely and vibrant and the giant colorful canopies add a festive feel to the ambiance. The entire place is squeaky clean including the bathrooms.

I should also mention that Misal is based on northern Indian recipes, very similar to Pakistani food and not known for heavy cream sauces or masala curries you may be craving. The dishes are much lighter and healthier. They even offer a salmon dish and a gyros meal complete with hummus and a greek salad.

Great place for a date, business lunch or family dining. Highly recommend.