“New Pub in Norman”

Ranked #40 of 332 Restaurants in Norman
Norman, Oklahoma
“New Pub in Norman”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We tried this place on a Saturday afternoon after some shopping. This has an excellent sports bar atmosphere with plenty of flat screens throughout. The well designed bar is the first thing you see when you enter and we sat at a high top in the bar area. Our waitress, Chelsea, took her time with us and was very knowledgeable about the menu. She answered all our questions and was patient with us while we took time to look over the menu.

My wife ordered a Mimosa and I decided on the St. Bernardus beer. The Mimosa was well prepared and very tasty. I am not much of a beer drinker but like to try new things. The St. Bernardus, a 10 point beer, was very tasty and I would definitely order it again.

We ordered the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with pita bread. I am not much of a hummus fan, but this was very tasty and the pita bread was excellent.

My wife ordered soup and salad, choosing the Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder and the Fresh Orchard Salad. I ordered the Jalapeno Bacon Burger. The flavor of all items was excellent! The grilled jalapenos on the burger were very mild, to the point that I wouldn't have known they were on there if I hadn't seen them. I would have preferred a little more heat.

Only negative concerning the food was the size of the burger. Usually at a place of this nature and the price that is charged, you would expect a large patty...at least the size of the bun. This one, however, was quite small. Since these are made with fresh ground beef and not pre-formed, this may have been an exception and the cook just didn't make a very large patty. Nonetheless, the flavor of the burger was quite good.

I ordered the regular fries as my side, but sweet potato fries are also available. I ordered the side of cheese sauce to dip the fries in just to try something new. The cheese sauce, which I believe is made with some kind of ale, was also very good.

The pub also has an outdoor patio which was full on this day because the excellent weather. This would be a great place to get together with friends and watch a game. They have several tasty looking appetizers on the menu such as: fresh baked pretzels, pigs in a blanket, buffalo shrimp, wings, potato skins.

A couple of unique looking items were: Pub W Smothered Fries which appear to be smothered in the cheese sauce, pot roast, brown gravy, bacon, and fried egg and then the Pot Roast Potachos which are house potato chips with cheddar, pot roast, bbq, grilled jalapenos, grilled onion, and sour cream. Sounds like a culinary adventure to me!

I was told one of their more popular burgers was the Pretzel Burger which comes with a fried egg on the patty so I may have to go back and try that one out.

Their menu also contains entrees such as chipotle meatloaf, porterhouse pork chops, fish and chips, pork tenderloin, pot roast, baked salmon, shrimp tacos, and other items.

Also, if you are a beer drinker, they have something you can order that gives you a smaller size of four different beers to sample. They also have happy hour specials right now on domestics, which I believe begins at 3:00. Not sure if that is every day or only during the week.

• Visited September 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A new place in west Norman you must try”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is an upscale sports bar with a tremendous beer offering, plus great food. We received excellent service sitting at the bar downstairs. There is an upstairs game room too. Lots of TV's.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Pub W? Share your experiences!