“Clean, Friendly and Helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Dix
“Clean, Friendly and Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We booked through a 3rd party and didn't now what to expect, but were treated well by the Country Inn staff and management during our six day stay. Facility is well equipped with Swimming pool, spa, elevator, good selection of hot and cold breakfast items, energetic and helpful staff. There are three fine restaurants withing walking distance. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Tom S
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the GM of the Country Inn & Suites in Norman, Ok. First off, on behalf of the entire staff, I want to thank for choosing us, and giving us the chance to win your hearts, since you have never stayed with us before. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

This was the best stay at any Motel or Hotel we have ever experienced. On May 20th I had called 3 locations in Norman Oklahoma looking for a room for a few nights. I had not told them that my house had just been hit by the Moore Oklahoma Tornado. Everyone just said no and did not extend any further help or information. When I Called Country Inn & Suites in Norman Oklahoma, a young lady came on line with a warm and friendly voice and asked how she could help. I told her that I needed a few nights. She said that she was not sure if she had any rooms for multiple days and asked if she could put me on hold. She came back on line and said that she could get me 3 nights. I told her great. Her name was Melody and this was the beginning of one of the most unbelievable journeys of hospitality I have ever experienced. Once we arrived and checked in, we told Melody that we were victims of the Moore Tornado and would like it if they could put us on a list if another room opens up after the 3 days. The General Manager Mr. Clay Murdock. He said that he would do everything he could to get us a room for an extended stay and he would get back with me in the morning after we rested. The next morning when we came down for breakfast, Mr. Clay Murdock approached me and said that he had arranged it were we could stay for as long as we needed. Later that day we went back down to the lobby and they has set up a table and it was decked out with all kind of supplies, water, sport drinks, cookies, snack bars, combs, razors, toothbrush and such. These items we not samples, someone went to the store and purchased these items. This was incredible. The room is very nice and clean with great WIFI. They also have what I call the standard breakfast bar in place but their breakfast is far from standard. Ham Omelets, Waffles, Bacon, biscuits, Fruit Medley, Cereal, Yogurt and more. We have never stayed here before but I assure you that next time we are traveling we will be looking for this chain first.

Room Tip: A little hard to find and get to, worth the effort. GPS is exact.
2 Thank Topperdan
Hello, Im Clay Murdock, the GM of the Country Inn & suites in Norman, Ok. On behalf of the entire staff, I want to thank you for your kind words. I know that it was an unfortunate circumstance that lead you to us, but we are glad that we could help. In the days that you were here, you became apart of our family, and we really enjoyed having you here. We all want to wish you luck and that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you get through this trying time. I there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask, and we look forward to visiting with you again!
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel, and while the room was comfortable and well appointed, the experience fell a bit short. From the small thing (like a missing sink stopper) to the more annoying (like being able to hear every footfall in the room above ours), we were not very satisfied. The price was right because of a 35% web discount special. However, I would have been very unhappy if I had paid full price for the lower-than-expected quality. The variety offered at the hot breakfast was excellent. However, the quality (at least of the dried-out scrambled eggs) was disappointing. And the WiFi, although free, was spotty at best and non-existent at worst. The staff was attentive and nice, and they appreciated us telling them about the scorpion in the bathroom we had to kill. We decided when we checked out that we'd try some place else next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: the second floor gets you away from scorpions... the top floor away from hearing anyone above you
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I want to start off by saying how sorry I am that you had a disappointing stay with us here at Country Inn & Suites in Norman. Obviously the experience you had does not live up to our standards and does not exemplify how we take care of our guests. We have had a rather large turnover in employees here lately, and with that , there has been a lot of training with the new employees, and that at times can leave gaps in communication. I do want to assure you that we have addressed all these issues and are working diligently to correct them. I would love for you to come back and give us another chance to redeem our selves and so you that we can meet and exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atherton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Carlson is top notch. From the reservation process all the way through to check out has been a wonderful experience. I was using points for partial payment of the hotel stay. It was very easy on line to redeem, but I needed to call for one question and the agents were exceedingly helpful & friendly. At check in, the agent was welcoming & friendly, reconfirming check out dates & efficient with check in process. Complimentary cookies, coffee, & tea were available. There were several luggage racks to roll luggage into room. The lobby was beautiful & updated. An elevator was available & conveniently located. Along the way to the room were a variety of seating areas to socialize with family & friends if you don't want them in your room. The double queen room was light, bright & large enough to exercise in. It had updated decor, furniture, linens, bathroom. Additional seating areas were in the room, as well as a spacious desk. There was a closet w/a door. Spacious bathroom vanity with plenty of light & large mirror. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, & lotion were provided. There was a microwave & coffee maker with complimentary coffee, tea, sugar, & "to go" cups & lids. One of the most important conveniences was a refrigerator large enough to have vegetables, meat, dressing, & cans of coke. There was a freezer compartment large enough for the small ice tray & a few other small items to freeze. Nice tv with good selection of stations. There was an indoor swimming pool & gym available, as well as Ice & vending machines. All conveniences needed to make stay as close to being at home as possible. Besides these wonderful conveniences, the customer service was top notch. Whenever I came in to the lobby, I was greeted as if I were royalty. I felt very special & important. This property is conveniently located near restaurants, the highway, mall, grocery store, pharmacy, & university. I eagerly look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: West facing rooms border along a wooded area with a creek & are light & bright
1 Thank Tanika66
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
We here at the Country Inn & Suites in Norman, Ok, want to take the time to first off, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Norman, second, we want to thank you for the kind words you said about your stay. As we all know, not every review is as positive as this one was, so with that we thank you. I as the General manager, has only been here since January, in the short amount of time, we have taken a new approach to delivering a standard of customer service and having a heart for hospitality. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again on your next visit to Norman! Thanks
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here 4/15 and I needed to use the internet for work until 1:15pm. They didn't blink when I asked them if it was possible to have a 1:15 checkout. The breakfast was very good and didn't have any problems with the room. I just made new reservations for next weekend when we are in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Ok. First, I want to apologize for taking so long to respond to your review of your stay with us back in late April. Second, I want to thank you for your kind words. We as a team really take pride in taking care of the guest and having a heart for hospitality. Honestly, that's what we are here for, going above and beyond to make you stay with us as comfortable as possible, and to make you fell right at home. If we didn't do those things, then we would be out of a job, so with that said, we really appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and thank you again for your kind words. We hope the next time you come through town, you will again choose Country Inn and Suites Norman!
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I showed up as usual a day late and dollar short fashion with a Travelocity reservation for the wrong date, my fault no doubt, but the attendant was helpful and was able to accept my reservation and cancel the one I had accidentally booked a week later date.

I found all the employees help was courtesy, competent, eager to please and very helpful in every way. I felt as if they really cared about my stay and wanted us there. This is a unique experience these days. So I felt I should give them the review they deserve.

This no doubt is a reflection of the management and corporate culture as I found this same level of service from the Restaurant attendant, housekeeping and every employee I came across on my two day visit to Norman, OK. Thank you.

Room Tip: As for a room near the end of the haul if you want a late check out as they housekeepers do not get...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, My name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and suites in Norman, Oklahoma. I want to apologize that it took so long for me to respond to your review about your stay with us back in April. I want to thank you for the kind words that you spoke of about our team. We do try very hard to deliver the best customer service that you deserve, and doing it sincerely. Again we want to thank you for choosing Country Inn and Suites Norman, and hope to see you again in the future and we look forward to having you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location in the past as well as other Country Inns across the country, however, were disappointed in our recent stay. Bedside lamps were not functioning, the toilet seat was broken, no wash clothes in the room, empty tissue box, and the coffee pot was not clean. The television guide was not accurate. Breakfast was not up to usual Country Inn standards. There was no French toast available and the timer on the waffle maker timer was not functioning. The individual at the front desk also seemed to be responsible for the breakfast area as well which made it difficult to do both jobs.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Oklahoma. First off, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at our hotel. I understand that it wasnt the best of experiences during your stay with us. The toilet seat being broken, which if i remember correctly, we did get that fixed, but there was still the lamp that didnt work, and breakfast wasnt as good as it should have been. I want to apologize for all those issues. Obvioulsy that isnt what we strive to do here and is by no means the standard that we have set for our selves. I have gone over these issues with all of our staff, including the dirty coffe pot. Your return business is very important to us, and we want your next visit to be you best visit. I would really like to talk to you more about this and see what I can do to make it right for, because ultimately, I want you to be happy with your stay before you even walk out the door. Please feel free at anytime to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Norman, and I will see to it that everything is up to the Country Inn and Suites standard, and your expectations as well. Please give me an opportunity to make this right for you, It would be my pleasure. Thank you for your feed back, and again for staying with us. Have a fantastic week.

Clay Murdock