“Nice stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed in October 2013 on our way to Austin Tx, Nice pricing and very clean place. Plenty of resturants around the hotel. Pet friendly and the staff is really good. Easy on and easy off freeway. Clean rooms good internet connection. Will staying again. Quiet place to say. You will enjoy.

Room Tip: Good restaurants, can't go wrong with any of the choices
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you William B. for taking the time to write this review. We certainly appreciate the positive feedback! Our location and surrounding attractions are a great compliment to our facilty hear at The Country Inn and Suites. We can't wait to see you next time you stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I will begin by informing you our trip took place in October 2013. The reason I am finally writing this review is I became ill after leaving this hotel and we are planning another trip to OK. We reserved 2 rooms. The room we were to receive was not the one described on our reservation. The room we ended up with had a terrible odor. There was mold on the air vent. The bedspread was filthy but it was changed out with what appeared to be a freshly laundered spread. The carpet was so dirty we wore socks which were black after a few minutes. The fridge was missing. The manager finally found one after he informed my husband what a problem it would be to obtain one from another room. The room configuration made the living space extremely dark. We were informed there were no other rooms available. My m-i-l's room wasn't much of an improvement. The breakfast was very sparse and what was available left much to be desired. On our second morning the cook was also the cleaning person who wasn't familiar with job description of "cook". The shingles on the roof were being replaced. I picked up several nails in the parking lot around the space we occupied. As I explained before after we left OK I became very ill with some type of respiratory infection which I attributed to the filth and mold. I chose this property because of the reputation of the chain. The staff were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. We could not move to another site due to restrictions on our reservation. WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS LOCATION AGAIN.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mamakimx3
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

MamakimX3, your review was really heartfelt! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. I am truly sorry to see that you experienced such an inconvience. Our pride and motivation here at the Country Inn and suites is to make sure all our guests feel safe, comfortable, and are taken care of. I would like to inform you that our roof has been fixed, our staff is now trained in all areas, and our breakfast is more than plentifull with great tasting choices. I would also like to add, that each of our rooms have been thouroghly deep cleaned and are maintained that way for everyones safety. I would like to invite you to give us a second chance to show you not only the difference with your previous stay, but so we can make a lasting impression on you. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this property February 16-17, 2014. We were in town to visit the University. When we arrived there was one girl working the front desk that was on the phone, answering and putting on hold other calls, and waiting on me at the same time. She was completely overwhelmed! As I stood waiting, way after check in time, there was a very strange food smell in the lobby and it was very hot. I waited for about 10 minutes and she was finally able to help me. She said they had 60 check outs that day and so rooms would not be ready for quite some time. I don't understand how there can be one front desk clerk, it is after 3 in the afternoon and rooms are not yet ready? You bring in staff as they are needed! She had to run up the stairs and go thru rooms to find us one that was ready. I felt so bad for her because she was clearly stretched too thin! Rooms are fine - nothing special and seemed clean. Cleaning of other rooms was happening until late at night which was annoying. We asked for late check out which was 1 p.m. When we found out our appointments were running late at OU, we tried calling for over a half hour to let the hotel know we would be there by 1:15 at the very latest. Someone would pick up the phone and hang up - over and over and over....Very frustrating to say the least. When we got back to check out, there was a young man working who was so nice, but he was all by himself running around the hotel like the girl the day before.
This hotel is in terrible need of hiring some staff! It is not the fault of the people working there that they are spread SO thin! They were doing what they were able to do. There are plenty of other hotels in Norman. Don't stay here unless you want to be frustrated!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cdmas93

CDMAS93, I would like to first say, I appreciate and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write this review. We are most certainly concerned with treating our guests with utmost importance. We strive to keep our facility clean, comfortable, and friendly all the while by making sure our staff is coordinated. We have hired more staff, so the care and concern for guests is taken care of fully. Thank you again for the review and I hope you will give us another chance whenever you come this way.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Was expecting the " average" stay and was surprised on check in with cookies and fresh fruit at the front desk. The morning breakfast was great! Scrambled eggs, minced ham and potatoes, waffles, rolls.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael A

Michael A, we can not begin to appreciate your wonderful review of us! We try to keep a little something extra out for our guests so they feel more at home here at the Country Inn and Suites. One of the great values we have is our tasty choices for breakfast! Please make your next reservation with us soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location from OU campus. Right off I35. Close to shopping. Lots of restaurants nearby. Check in was fast and they were very friendly. Pool area was nice. Would defiantly stay here again. Rooms were very clean. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank johnsonfamily00

Johnsonfamily00, we really appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. Hearing about how clean our facility is and how friendly our staff are, just makes us want to be that much more. As you mentioned, the best part of our location is that we are not far from great dining, shopping, and OU. Please don't hesitate to make your next reservation with us!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We planned an overnight stop enroute from Illinois to our home in Texas. Norman, OK, seemed like an appropriate distance for our first leg so we shopped for a hotel there (using TripAdvisor, of course).We were certainly not disappointed in our choice.
We arrived when the weather turned windy and very cold, and juggled things (including our dog) out of the van and into the warm and welcoming lobby. The desk attendent reported that several of the housekeeping staff had called off and she had helped fill in.
Well, our room was not only ready for us, but very comfortable, roomy and quiet. The hotel is located on the outer road of the interstate and shares space with a nice collection of family restaurants. After supper and a good night's rest, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with a selection that included meat and scrambled eggs.
The best part: I had lost one of my favorite earrings in the parking lot when we first arrived. I notified the front desk right away. On our way to breakfast, I stopped one more time at the front desk to inquire about my loss. As it turned out, someone found the earring in the parking lot and turned it in. It was a little scuffed, but our favorite jeweler cleaned it up.
The bottom line: our brief, but entire stay was very pleasant and the customer service superb. We will plan to stay there whenever we make a stop in Norman.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burghbound

Thank you so much newTXan for your review! We are please to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and yet that much more. Our staff here at the Country Inn and Suites love to hear what a great job they are doing and will continue to do. We can't wait until your next visit here with us again!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

If you are looking for : excellent service, nice accommodations & delicious coffee then spend some time at this hotel. My daughter and I were in town to visit the university. The location was convenient and everyone was so nice!
I highly recommend Country Inn & Suites in Norman and will look for their hotels every time I travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie508
normancis, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, OK! We are so thrilled to hear about your positive experience at our property, and strive to make each guest experience unique, as well as accommodating. We look forward to seeing you and your family again, and wish you the very best. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with our property.