Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsjason's delired robinone bedroom suiteclean place to stayroom was cleancookiesrestaurants within walking distancecontinental breakfastindoor poolhot tubdeskpetuniversityinterstatelaundrytexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We originally made our reservations at the La Quinta right next door for a three night stay. When we checked into our room at the La Quinta, it was so bad, we demanded out money back and went next door. The receptionist named Pearl was great and gave us a discount because of our experience next door. Our room was clean and everyone here was on top of their game!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback to the property, and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for the Fathers day weekend to visit our OU son. We were traveling with our dog. The location is good, I felt very safe there. The room door did not close good and we really had to work with it. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. Had washer and dryer and it was nice to catch up with my son's laundry. Breakfast was free and while it wasn't 5 star, it served our needs. Free internet was also available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we have addressed the issue pointed out to us. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have had to stay at this hotel for trainings in the area. Here are my experiences.

• When I checked in they gave me my room key and room number. When I opened the door to the room it was occupied by a man. The hotel acted like it was no big deal. I feel like I could have been harmed, if someone walked into my room I would probably have thought they were there to hurt me and could have hurt the person.
o The hotel then gave me a new room that wasn’t occupied. That same night someone tried breaking into my room at 4am and when I called the front desk to report it the hotel desk worker told me that no one should be in the room I was in. I told him that this is the room I was given and that someone was trying to break in. He then told me that it was hotel staff that was trying to get into the room and that the room was showing vacant. It was a very scary/frustrating event and I could not go back to sleep afterwards.
• The next time I stayed in the hotel I checked in at 6pm and took my luggage to my room and then went out to dinner. When I left my room I left one of my key cards on my bed. When I got back from dinner my key card was gone. I called the front desk to ask if anyone had been in my room and they said that housekeeping might have come in. So hotel staff were in my room after I had checked in and took my key.
• The next time I stayed I checked in and went up to my room only to find white dog hair all over the room and beds and a blood stain on my sheets. I called the front desk and had them move me to a different room.
• This last time I was at the hotel for 2 nights. I checked in the first day without any trouble and attended training the next day. When I got back from training my hotel room door was open. I went inside and checked to see if anything had been stolen and called the front desk. They said that the cleaning staff must have left it open that day and that he would call me back. He never called me back. My things could have been stolen or someone could have been in my room.

I have been VERY displeased with every stay at this hotel and I really hope that others do not have to go through what I have. In my opinion I would NOT use this hotel in the future.

Also the workout room has one stationary bike and one treadmill. Breakfast is actually pretty good. Its also only a few blocks from Sooner Mall

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashton N
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your last stay. It is our hope that you will treat this situation as an isolated incident and not at all representative of the high quality of service and genuine hospitality you can continue to expect from Carlson Rezidor Hotels. We sincerely value you as a customer and welcome the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we were registering my daughter for college at OU. On the outside the hotel looks great! On the inside the lobby seems nice but in the rooms.....not so much. The carpet is very dingy and needs to be replaced. The AC unit was VERY noisy and cycled throughout the night waking us each time it did. The walls are paper thin and you can hear your neighbors conversation. The WORST was the quality of the housekeeping. It was VERY clear that they had NO quality control. There were pubic hairs in our bath tub/shower. The floor mat was neatly folded but, we opened it and there were 2 black footprints on the mat. It was just disgusting. We went down for their "Free Breakfast" and there were no eggs. The offerings were diced ham, toast, danish or bagels cereal or make yourself waffles. No yogurt, no potatoes, no bacon. What was offered was lousy. I asked where the eggs were and was told that she could make a ready-made omelette for us but it would take 20 minutes. I have made reservations for the next 3 times that I will be in Norman and I am now looking for alternative lodging. Think twice before you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wekirks

We would like to sincerely apologize to you for the state of your room during your last stay! We also regret your experience with breakfast! It is our hope that you will treat this situation as an isolated incident and not at all representative of the high quality of service and genuine hospitality you can continue to expect from Carlson Rezidor Hotels. We sincerely value you as a customer and welcome the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was traveling with my wife and dog, and we all three thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We only had once issue during our whole stay. After our first night, our room was not cleaned. No big deal. We went down to the front desk and informed Ray of what happened. Come to find out several rooms had not been done and him and a coworker were going to have to clean them all. I came back to my room later that night and it had been cleaned! I took my dog outside and when I passed the front desk, Melody asked how my room was. I told her it was wonderful and she mentioned she had cleaned it and even complimented how sweet my dog was. She was so nice and professional, Ray was as well! I want to commend them on how well they handled things. We overheard some complaints from some sports team the next day, so I added in how nice everyone was to us and they quickly shut up :) We were very pleased with the rest of our stay and we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you Danny r. for submiting a response at trip advisor! We apologize for the inconvience you incurred during your stay, but we are happy to know that we took care of you promptly! we enjoy hearing from our guests that thier needs were addressed. Please don't hesitate to book your next trip here at the Country Inn and Suites! Thank you.

Tekay Katra G.M.