“High Quality Product”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Moore, Oklahoma
“High Quality Product”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I am an event coordinator in the Oklahoma City area and have used Sooner Legends multiple times for events. Without question, they are my most favorite hotel to use for events in Norman. The management is fantastic to work with and the property is maintained very well. All of my clients that use Sooner Legends have been pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms and the catering that Sooner Legends provide. I love using this property and highly recommend it to anyone traveling or looking to host an event in the Norman area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ilosu1220

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

This is Oklahoma where OU athletics reign! Seriously, don't even think about staying anywhere else in the Norman-OKC metro area! No expensive showy sign outside. You'll be rewarded when you step inside. They put their money on the hotel's interior and amenities where every guest benefits. Once inside, you'll be treated to impressive OU interiors and hallways featuring photos of hundreds of OU athletes--you may never get to your room! Every room and suite features photos of a particular OU athlete. And this family owned and operated hotel doesn't skimp on luxury either! Everything that touches you in Sooner Legends is of uncompromising quality: the bedding and bathrobes are luxurious, the ultra creamy soap lathers up with no drying residue. The shampoo is excellent and rinses clean. Then there are the leather sofas and the beautiful granite countertops. Heavy dark curtains keep sunshine away until you want it. This hotel has all the care of a one-of-a-kind family-owned and operated hotel, bar with big-screen tvs, and restaurant right down to their grandmother's legendary fried catfish recipe. Everything coming out of the kitchen is fresh and homemade. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn51547
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

The rooms are awesome with their individual tribute to Oklahoma University's star athletes. The rooms are also very clean, comfortable, and roomy. The food is absolutely amazing and probably the best I ever had! We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Request one of the suites!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJDTravleGirl
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I can't speak to the value of the experience for the money, since someone else was paying for my room, but it was a nice experience overall. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. After reading some other TripAdvisor reviews I was prepared for some level of noise, but it wasn't that bad -- certainly no worse than the average I have become accustomed to at other similarly-priced hotels, and probably better. Although the building is an older one, the furnishings were new. The room and bathroom were clean and well-maintained. I had a suite, and there was a sink, bathroom, and LCD TV in each room -- a nice touch, even if I could tell that it was because the "living room" used to be a separate bedroom unit. A full buffet breakfast came with the room. The selection was adequate, although I just stuck with the pancakes, which were pretty good. The OU-sports-themed room trimmings were cool. I guess I would have to take price into account (which, again, I didn't need to do this time) if I needed to decide whether to stay here again. The suite was more room than I needed, but if I did need it, the price might be worth it to have a completely separate bedroom with a closed door to the living room (a rarity these days, even in hotels that offer so-called "suites").

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Davis, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

We were awakened at 1:30 am to the sound of a violent domestic disturbance in the hallway outside our room. I mean a man was beating some poor woman and calling her every foul name in the book. Called the desk - they were polite and promised to take care of it right away. The "fight" continued in the hall for another 25 minutes. Hotel response should have been faster. They probably should have called the police. Ruined my night of sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom32283
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

Nice hotel - rooms comfortable and clean, bed was good but sheets were "pilled" and felt very rough to sleep on. Lots of memorabilia throughout the hotel -fun to look at photos, old yearbooks from 1920s, 1930s, 1940s even tho I didn't know anything about them ! Restaraunt is great for dinner - no reason to leave the hotel for dinner - wide variety, of "home cooking", good prices. Breakfast was included in our price - plenty of food, wide selection. Plenty of yummy fresh cookies and popcorn at reception (tho, as my son pointed out, the cookies contained nuts but there was no sign warning about the nuts - he is not allergic) Outdoor pool is very small and not a lot of deck space. Workout room has three or so piece of eqt but is clean. Very near U of OK (we were on a college visit). Norman is a nice town.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Haslet, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I decided to travel to Norman to cheer on our favorite college baseball team in playing OU. Originally, we were going to stay at a Motel 6 (cheap and convenient), but then I ran across the Sooner Legends website. I had read several of the reviews on here and had looked at their website, but that was all we had to go on. Since we are both avid sports fans, we figured we should try it out. When my husband and I first arrived at Sooner Legends, I had my doubts. Sooner Legends isn't a franchise that spends lots of money on looking good on the outside. However, the owners have perfected the inside and everything that entails the visitor's stay. From friendly customer service (the staff was helpful in telling us where to get Sooner memorabilia, great bar-b-que and bars for 30-somethings), to great rooms and beds, and yummy food...we were so impressed with Sooner Legends. We have already made reservations for 3 other weekends this year! They didn't even give us a hard time when we told them we were cheering for the visiting team. We truly found our home away from home. We were not expecting the experience from Sooner Legends, or Norman for that matter, but they both left an impression on us. Anytime we are in that area, Sooner Legends is our first and only choice for so many reasons.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple