“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Omaha
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

Got reservations a year in advance for a football weekend. The night before our stay we got a call from the owner, Valerie, telling us we got bumped from our room. Terrible customer service, no respect to guests. Book a room at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites at your own risk, because you may not get one, even a year in advance.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank OmahaHusker1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
WhyNotaSooner
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2008

I have never written a review of any kind so please bare w/ this. We called and attempted to book 3 rooms in June 2008 for the OU/NU game (11/1) I was told they were full but would call me if there was cancellations, so I left my name & #. We booked three Suites at the Marriot DT OKC so we at least could take in Bricktown. I actually got a call 37 days prior to the game weekend telling me they had a few cancellations and we now could stay there. We wanted "the whole Sooner experience" so we all decided to accept the offer and gave them our CC# etc. and then canceled the other rooms.

Less than 24 hours prior to arrival, I recv;d a call from an individual claiming to be the owner who told me she had to cancel our room reservations because ESPN needed them!
Yes, I was kicked out before I even arrived. We're talking about two families traveling from out of state! I told her to she should send ESPN to another hotel not loyal Sooner fans, she said she couldn't. I was shocked. She did not offer a comp night, dinner at the restaurant, or even a beer at the bar. She gave me another # to call for a room. I called the place and it was the new Best Western in Norman. The GM and staff were great as well as the rooms and they were also $45/room per night cheaper.

Buyer Beware is all I can say...while I would allow them to ruin my "whole Sooner experience", I will also never recommend them to anyone. In fact, it is my opinion and it is a shame the place bears the name of Sooner anything.

• Disliked — the owner's attitude toward the customers who wanted to give them money!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

We have stayed at this hotel several times during the football season. The staff is awesome. The atmosphere is everything a Sooner fan could want. The name is very appropriate because we have never failed to see a Sooner legend when staying there. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, feel free to pay the high prices and go to a luxury hotel. However, if you are looking for a very comfortable bed and great experience, this is the place to stay.

• Liked — Atmosphere and beds
  • Disliked — Can get very noisy at night when the Sooners win!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Sevaer
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2008

I was staying here as part of a conference at the University for a week. The quality of the rooms for the price I paid was incredible, and included a hot breakfast buffet that was a good way to start the day. There was a restaurant and bar connected to the the hotel which served some pretty good food at a good price and was nice on the couple of nights I was too tired to go out anywhere else. The room was spotless and the amenities were plenty, including free and fast high speed wireless internet, a real plus. A GREAT choice if you are in the Norman area.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank SeanPVD
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2008

My husband and I stay here when we're in town to visit our son - he goes to OU. We really like the family atmostphere and how welcome the staff make you feel. The owners are always on the premises and they spend lots of time getting to know our family. The hotel is like an OU museum. There are pictures everywhere of OU sports. Very unique and nostalgic. Beside the comfortable beds, we really like the restaurant. I like their homemade Mexican food and my husband likes their ribeye steaks. We won't stay anywhere else when we come to Norman!

• Liked — Hospitality and Restaurant
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mlbaker4567
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2008

The beds were awesome! We've stayed in several hotels in the Norman area and no place has beds like these. Especially for the price. When we've stayed at the "Name Brand" hotels in the area, they are more expensive and offer less value for the price. Rooms were very clean...white sheets/duvets/pillow cases so you know its clean. No floral bedspreds that can hide dirt, hair, and other unsanitary things. Staff was friendly. Overall a good experience. We stayed 4 nights and will stay here again in the future.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Nothing - Great Place
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank skowens1234
Rockwall, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2008

Room was OK for the price. Heated pool was cold. Room comes with two free breakfast buffets, but if you have to purchase more, it's not worth the extra $6.95. Hotel would not accept the $10 coupon I printed online because I booked the room online from the hotel website. They said I had to call by phone to book my room in order to use the coupon. Of course, you will not find these directions on their website.

• Liked — Sports Memoribilia
  • Disliked — Breakfast Buffet
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family