“Home away from home in Norman.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norman
Montford Inn and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 6 Norman B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly loved my stay here. The house is lovely & very homey & comfortable. My room was marvelous, & bed was perfect. I slept so soundly. The entire home is clean & fresh. Everything is spotless. The breakfasts prepared by William are awesome & delicious. I thought that I was in a first class restaurant. The service is excellent & the other people staying here were nice & fun to visit with. I give The Montford Inn an excellent rating!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Highly recommended. All the comforts of home and private spacious rooms make the Montford Inn (family-run establishment) a fantastic choice, especially for our family reunion. We had nine family members and friends stay at the Montford Inn for 3 days. Between the rooms in the main Inn and the cottages across the street, the Montford Inn is the perfect venue for hosting out-of-towners for family gatherings. The common areas, a large spacious parlor and living room, were the perfect spot for us to congregate before and after our festivities. It was like being in our own living room: gracious, welcoming and homey. Our accommodations were well appointed, housekeeping was excellent, the staff attentive and the breakfasts yummy and delightful. (Thanks William!) Phyllis is exceptional in making guests feel like family; how she remembers everyone’s name is a mystery! She found a hair stylist willing to come to the Inn on a Sunday so that my 95 year old mother would not have to go to a salon before her birthday celebration. How wonderful was that! Across the board, the Montford Inn lived up to its reputation and reviews. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I'm military stationed overseas and was home on leave. It was my last weekend and my wife and I went here just for one night the evening of 27 July to celebrate her birthday and enjoy the peace and quiet of my last weekend. It was perfect and just what we needed. We stayed in the Alma Mater room and loved having a hot tub on our own private porch. It was like being at home in our own house except for all the noisy distractions. The room size was perfect and the king sized bed even better. We both slept great that night and the next morning awoke to the wonderful smell of breakfast being made. The breakfast had to be one of the best parts. Fresh and healthy and it filled you up perfectly. Loved the sweet southern hospitality at this place and recommend it to anyone just looking for a getaway. Things to note if Norman is having any special events at the University it can get noisy. Not that we had any problems it was just noted on our reservations so probably not best to be there during an on OU home game. My wife and I plan to return the next time I'm on leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Was in town for a wedding, and stayed here for 2 nights in the Trophy room. The bed was very comfortable, the only complaint with that is the ceiling fan in the room was off-center, and therefore it didn't do much to cool you off while you were sleeping. Not used to staying in B&B's, so I didn't anticipate not being able to control the A/C in our room. (We are hot-natured). The breakfast was great and included a fruit smoothie, breakfast casserole, fresh fruit salad, and a piece of cinnamon bread. I'd recommend staying upstairs, as our floor was squeaky (typical of an old house!) and I would have hated to be underneath that. Also, blinds are not room darkening, so bring a sleep mask if you need it to be dark.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are more quiet. Bring a sleep mask and ear plugs - close proximity to train tracks.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter and I were taking a tour of OU. The Montfort Inn made this a special memory for us. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a lovely cottage. The cottage was charming. The bed was awesome, and the huge tub was super. We asked for dinner recommendations, and Tegan, the innkeeper,gave us great suggestions. After a wonderful meal out, we returned to a tasty treat of cookies and fresh lemonade and wine. My daughter and I sat in the back garden and relaxed. In the morning we had a terrific breakfast and delightful conversation with Mrs. Murray. She gave us great information about OU. We hated to leave. I hope my daughter selects OU, because I could see us coming back to the Monfort Inn for many years. Thank you for creating a lasting memory for my daughter and me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent Jun 27 - 30 in the Chickasaw Rancher Room. The room is well furnished, the entire inn is very clean. Our bed was soft and very comfortable. The staff was friendly, attentive and made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. Then there are the breakfasts, made from scratch with fresh local ingredients, delicious!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our daughter just got married and we had several people come in from out of state. They all stayed at The Montford, some in rooms and some in cottages. Everything was wonderful. The Murray family and the rest of their staff were very kind to all of the guests and family. The rooms and cottages were wonderful, the food was great, the atmosphere was calming and relaxing. Everyone enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends