Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Nice hotel aesthically, both in rooms and common areas. Beds were pretty comfortable, not the best I have had, but still very good. And let's face it, it is a hotel and it is all about the bed.
Definitely my first choice when in Norman.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
To our guests from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your previous visit. We appreciate your comments and we’ll look forward to sharing your feedback with our entire team!

We do hope to have the opportunity to see you again when your travels return you to the Norman area. Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of service!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Considering this hotel is located across the street from a neighborhood shopping center and is really not near anything special, the interior makes up for it. The lobby is really gorgeous, the entire inside area is a huge atrium. With its glass elevators and skylit roof, the whole place has a wonderful, spacious feel. The entire lobby area is huge. We were really very pleasantly surprised! Our room was also very large and the bedroom and living room are separate (there is a door between them). Both rooms have televisions so our teenager was happy to have a space to himself. I had never stayed at an Embassy Suites but will definitely stay at another one. The breakfast includes omelettes, french toast and waffles made to order. The only downside is that it ends at 9:00 am, a bit early when you are on vacation. There are also free cocktails on weeknights and a full service bar until 11 PM.

We thought the price was very reasonable considering the size of the room and the free made to order breakfast and drinks. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
To our guests from Athens, Georgia,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to host your first experience at an Embassy Suites Hotel! Our team will be excited to know that you and your family had a great time visiting.

We value your feedback and observations and we hope that we will have another opportunity to be of service in the future. Please do not hesitate to call on us should you need any assistance!

Respectfully,
Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed during a conference held at the hotel. The air con in public areas (the conference meeting rooms, lobby bar, breakfast area etc) must be set to freezing - these areas got uncomfortably cold very quickly. The rooms, however, were perfectly comfortable and well equipped. The bedrooms are insulated from the noise of banging doors, elevators etc by the living area of the suite which makes for a pretty good night's sleep. The rates were good value, especially as mine included wireless (otherwise I think the charge is $10 a day). While I appreciate the hotel’s concern for my wellbeing, I was taken aback by the lengthy prayer left on the bed each morning which may be off-putting to members of non-Christian denominations and the non-religious. It certainly didn’t appeal to me so I have reduced my score from very good for this kind of hotel to average as a consequence. Service was quick in the restaurants at breakfast and lunch. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful, especially the man on the front desk who drove us in the hotel shuttle to a restaurant in town and later picked us up again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
To our guest from Oxford,

Thank you for you feedback and observations. I’m glad that overall, you enjoyed your accommodations and service levels.

We do want all guests to be comfortable and have a sense of belonging while with us and we hope to be of service in the future.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Michael Vance
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Love, Love, this hotel. Beautifully decorated, great spacious rooms, modern, comfortable and a great home away from home. My 3 year old was sad we had to leave. The free Breakfast was yummy with plenty of options including a "made to order" omelette section. The restaurant was also very good and had fantastic kid options. We also spent some time at the bar and had great appetizers! All around a clean, comfortable hotel stay! Thank, God, the hotel had a last minute cancellation because we switched hotels while we were visiting Norman.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ploaco
To our guests from Houston!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay in May. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our entire team and know that they will be happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit!

Judging by your comments, you experienced many of the elements that help to make the Embassy Suites Norman the hotel of choice for many travelers and I am glad that you were able to get to stay with us!

We will hopefully look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to call on us should you need assistance.

At your service,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

We had a chance to stay here for a Military Dinner. This place was real nice. The open air atrium area almost had a resort like atmosphere. Music playing and a little bar area in the middle. Since it was so cold outside, it was nice to be able to walk around inside where it was nice a warm.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

BE CAREFUL! I made a reservation over 2 months in advance of the arrival date where I was required to prepay the full stay, but I was told that there was a cancellation policy of up to 7 days prior to arrival. I was verbally told this when I called in. My CC was charged in full, which I had known ahead of time. But...

When I received the confirmation in the mail, it said that it was non-cancellable. After contacting the hotel, I found out that if I were to make another, or new reservation, that there now is a cancellation policy in effect for the same weekend, but not mine was not part of that policy. So they have inconsistant cancellation policies in place for the same room, dates, and charges. It makes no sense and I was baited and switched.

They refused to reverse my reservation policy, so I am stuck if I have to make a change.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JeffH1357
Virginia Beach, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

We got in late at night to this hotel and there was absolutely no waiting for someone to check us in. We got checked in and into a great bed quickly. The manager's cocktail hour was wonderful and every little thing we needed provided. We left the room late on a couple of days and room service came in and cleaned even after their job on our floor was over. They were wonderful. Great hotel for such a small area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple