Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Nice Hotel but why is it anyone can walk in the front door and get Free WiFi but when I spend $169.00 is cost another $10.00 for. Wifi in my room. Rooms were clean, nice lobby. Was in town for a show at the hotel for a trade show.

• Stayed: March 2013
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

To our valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding our wi-fi. At this time, we do charge for this service in the guest rooms, however, the service is complimentary in our public areas such as lobby, restaurants, and lounge.

We will be certain to share your feedback with the appropriate individuals.

We do hope to see you again should your travels return you to the Norman area.

Safe Travels,

Michael

Reviewed 22 March 2013

My family and I are from the area and decided to spend a night at the Embassy Suites as a little getaway. I must say, the staff did not disappoint! Mat Hirsch at the front desk took care of every extra detail that we needed to make our stay outstanding. The staff was friendly and helpful, the evening reception was generous and a great time and the complimentary breakfast was a feast.

Whether swimming at the pool, soaking in the hot tub, or napping in the spacious room, our stay was a winner and we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

To our guests from OKC,

Thank you for your kind remarks on your stay. I will look forward to sharing your feedback with our entire team and especially with Mat!

It appears that you touched on many areas that our guests appreciate and I’m thankful to have had the opportunity to be your hotel of choice for your visit.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of further assistance in planning a future visit!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Hotel is very easy to locate (may be the tallest building in Norman). Check in was quick and painless. The check in clerk specifically asked me if where in the hotel. Wanted to be (low floor, high floor, quieter location etc, which was an added bonus (rare to get that location)). The Hotel lobby was clean, elevator was quick and (british voice activated) and 4th floor hallway was clean too.

The room was very clean, and was nice and peaceful. The Managers evening reception had excellent customer service and an attentive staff. I went over to get some snacks (cut up vegetables, crackers and cheese and noticed the pretzel bowl was empty. I mentioned this to one of the staff and the pretzels came out like magic "abracadabra" within 30 seconds.

Breakfast was excellent especially the made to order omelettes and pancakes. The only negative I noticed for the entire hotel was that there didn't seem to be a enough breakfast servers to clean up the breakfast dirty dishes that patrons at the table and there was a backlog of dirty dishes around eating area.

Oh I almost forgot, the pool was clean and at the right temperature. The Jacuzzi felt wonderful after a long day of business in Norman. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at the Embassy suites in Norman and will be staying there next time when in the Norman area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

To our guests from Kentucky,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing us to host your visit while traveling. We know that most everyone has a choice in where they choose to stay and we never want to take this for granted.

It is great to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer our guests throughout their visit. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire team and know that they will greatly appreciate you!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we may assist with plans in any way.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This Hotel is a typical Embassy Suites With a nice pool(but we didn't use), good breakfast but the gravy Is thin and powdery. and decent onsite restaurant for dinner, the room was big and clean with a nice big bed, so if we're in the area I would most definitely would stay here

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

To our valued guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed your overall visit and we appreciate your feedback on our breakfast. I will be certain to share with our culinary team to make the necessary adjustments.

We hope to see you again when your travels return you to the area. Please let us know if we may be of assistance.

Best,

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Pay very close attention to clean level. For an upper level hotel they droped the ball. Using excuses that being busy allows them to being sub-par needs to stop. If they (Management and Employees) can't do the job then replace them or lower the rates to the level of filth that is allowable for the fee for you to clean the room yourself. Very sad that this is happening to sooo many companies these days. They really need to hold themselves responsible and fix the problems NOW!!

Room Tip: A tip - just stay somewhere else. Unless,you get a motel 6 rate which about the most I would pay for...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David J

To our guest from Wichita,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting with us. First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for providing a less than acceptable experience regarding housekeeping services. Please know that we hold cleanliness at an extremely high priority as it should be and it appears that we did not meet this expectation with your visit. Level of business cannot be a reason for not providing you with a great experience on all levels and I assure you that your comments have been shared with our team members.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is our goal to ensure your satisfaction and we will ensure that our entire team is focused on addressing accordingly.

Best,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had payed for the valet service, and every morning at 7:00am i asked for my vehicle to be pulled around and asked if they could turn the heater on for me, and every morning the night audit named Trish griped and made mention that that was not her job, i always apologized for this but i was under the impression that valet was from 7-11. i brought to the manager's attention he informed me that he would take care of the issue. the very next morning i asked the night audit to bring my truck around at about 7:05 and she was very upset with me, and when she brought the vehicle around she had the air condition on full blas max a/c. i know it was her because it had not been warm enough to hardley use the a/c. I accepted the rude humor and when i got to work i had a co worker that said she had done the same to him, and that she was very rude to him as well. Later on in the week i decided not to use valet and instructed my co-workers not to as well. while sitting in the lobby area at the four chairs as you walk into the hotel, myself and at least 7 other employees overherd Trish say " You guys work for baker I know who to call" in a very stern and rude manner. We all looked at each other shocked, we had no clue what she was talking about, this is actualy the point in time i instructed all my co-workers not to talk to or deal with Trish, and not to use the valet service anymore, Myself and several others were not at all pleased with the service./ Next topic, is every morning for breakfast, the eggs seemed to be undercooked so i would ask the chef on duty to please cook my eggs longer, he always rolled his eyes everytime i asked him to do this also the bisquits were always cold, and the gravy always to thick.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank jesse f

To our guest from Corpus Christi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Needless to say, we fell short of providing you with the level of service you should expect from us and I assure you that we will address with the appropriate members of our staff.

I also appreciate your comments on our breakfast and will share with our Executive Chef.

Our goal is to provide every guest with the level of service expected of our brand and we will work extremely hard to take corrective actions as needed.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights 3/11 & 3/12/13. Check-in was a breeze and the lobby was very nice. I was greeted by a group of front desk staff who were all very happy to help me out. We got to our room and it was the standard Embassy Suites suite. I was pleased that the suites was EXTREMELY CLEAN!! It was immaculate. Loved this. Hotel was very quite even though it seemed quite busy. We checked out the morning of 3/12 because we were going to visit OU and then move on to visit another university when we noticed I had a flat tire! My son went in right away and asked the front desk worker Mickey to call us a cab so we could get to our OU appointments on time. I need to give a HUGE shoutout to Mickey. First thing in the morning she gave me directions to the university that were much better than what I would have gotten off GPS. Then when the flat tire was discovered she was so helpful in making sure we were taken care of. She even called the cab company twice to find out what the hold up was! I found out she was a college student and have to say she will go far in her chosen profession because she was the epitome of what I would want to see in great customer service! Bravo Mickey!!!
We got back from OU and had to stay another night while our tire was repaired. The front desk worker at this time booked us a suite quickly and we were able to get to our room to finally relax.
Manager's reception both nights was standard. My entire group thought the breakfast was great both nights and the workers cleaning the tables were so nice and helpful!
Hopefully we will be visiting OU more often and will not stay anywhere other than the Embassy Suites Norman in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

To our valued guest from Southaven,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. I was especially pleased to see that Mickey took great care in handling what must have been a stressful time for you and your son. I will be happy to forward your comments to Mickey and the entire team and thank them for extending the level of service that you should expect from us. It is a goal of ours to create an environment where our guests have a sense of belonging. We want our guests to be comfortable while away from home.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. All the best to your son.