“In Town for a Wedding” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Arlington
“In Town for a Wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel common areas were nicer than I was expecting. The hotel was mostly very clean although there was vomit in front of the hotel bell stand when we arrived and it was still there when we left several days later. Our hotel bathroom was clean but not spotless. Our hotel breakfast was better than most complimentary breakfasts. Breakfast does not begin until 7:30 on the weekend and there was a group of 20-30 waiting for service to start each morning. The hotel might consider starting breakfast at 7:00. the rooms are large with a separate bedroom and living area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out were a breeze. I can recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: This is an atrium style hotel, but our room on the 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank markandkarenbrown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

They were wonderful to us after the Moore tornado. I wish I could of stayed under different circumstances, but it was nice. Breakfast was great; we got full before returning to the mess of the tornado destruction. We love Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank clem238
Sebastopol, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Want a perfect front office in and out experience, a clean hotel that delivers what it promises and more, then Embassy Suites in Norman, OK delivers. Food and service is great for this type of venue. The Internet works but should be speeded up; $10/day is too much money for its lackluster data rate. Other than slow Internet, I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank William A M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Nothing but great things to say about Embassy Suites Norman. This hotel is now the Embassy Suites standard in my book. For starters, although my reservation said no smoking, I was booked in a smoking room. The front desk immediately changed my room assignment without hesitation.

The hotel in conveniently located right off I-35 and is noticeable from the distance. It's the tallest building in the area. Future growth is quickly coming to the area -- there are several strip malls being built right across the street and OU stadium is in the distance.

The indoor pool was a unexpected benefit to my stay. They gym area was clean plus all the equipment worked. One additional benefit was the restaurant and bar in the main hotel area. Want to watch the big game on a big screen, just come down stairs and enjoy the game with friends and a frosty beverage.

San Marcos, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Great hotel. I was here for a conference. The best part (aside from a very nice and comfortable room) was the breakfast. The breakfast buffet itself was OK, nothing to sneeze at, but the highlight that I wanted to point out was the omelet guy. There was a guy in the back (Sam was his name, I'm told.) who made the omelets, making 6 at a time. The floor show was worth the price of admission alone. An excellent cook, and he could flip the omelets like nobody's business. Plus it was perfection, exactly as I ordered it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Ponder, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Nothing but high marks for this property. As a Hilton Diamond I see many Embassy properties throughout the year and this one gets high praise. I checked in and was assigned to a room on the second floor, walked in and was blown away by the awful smoke smell. In my profile I have non-smoking, high floor selected as my preferences. So I returned to the desk and explained the problem and apparently no other rooms were available due to the NCAA golf tournament in town. The manager was called and showed me that I had mistakenly booked a smoking room. After about 10 minutes of trying to find something, he said that he had a late checkout and if I could wait around an hour, he could get me a non-smoking room. No problem, I just went and had dinner down the road and came back. It was totally my mistake, but they were able to take care of me. The property itself is in great condition, rooms were clean, manager's reception was standard and overall no complaints. The area of the hotel has some shopping and just down the road are some restaurants, Cheddar's and Logan's Roadhouse. If you don't have a car it would be a pretty lengthy walk, but still doable. Quick access to I-35. Overall, great staff, great rooms and somewhere I would definitely return to if I was in town.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We rode out the recent outbreak of tornadoes while staying at this hotel. The staff did a good job of getting us evacuated into the "back" kitchen area. They passed out water, while having staff monitor radio, TV and the radar to track the storm that unfortunately did hit Moore (about three exits north of here on I35).

We had a group of 15 high school kids with us for a percussion concert. The hotel was very accomodating in helping us get the kids fed, and in making room arrangements easy. The youth enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub after their concert.

The hotel quickly reached with capacity with utility workers and unfortunate people impacted by the tornadoes. I was impressed by the compassion of the staff in helping people get settled, and letting them know that we are all glad that they are safe. We met some really great people who lost homes and possessions, but were thankful to be alive and resilient and ready to rebuild. May God bless the people of Oklahoma as they recover from this disaster, and give peace and comfort to those who lost loved ones.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
To our valued guests,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the weather events we experienced in May. We greatly appreciate your feedback on the actions our team took under very challenging conditions. Safety and Security for our guests and team members are of the utmost concern and we discuss our processes on an ongoing basis to ensure we remain focused on taking the necessary steps to ensure we protect everyone.

We are especially grateful that you and your students enjoyed your visit. I hope that all was successful for everyone.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back when time allows for another visit to Norman!

Regards,