Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Mission, Texas, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Everything about this hotel was great. The 2-room suites were perfect for us and our dogs. No sound transmitted into our rooms. Loved the open bar reception at night. The restaurant was great and had huge servings. Breakfast is the best of any free hotel breakfast with lots of fresh and hot options. The pool was a little too cold to enjoy but the hot tub was great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Melissa R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
To our valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. I don’t think I can express how much receiving your review meant to me. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share your experience with us. Hearing compliments such as yours concerning our staff and your experiences with Embassy Suites are the reason that I love my job.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Norman Embassy Suites and Conference Center is a great place for business or pleasure!!! Clean rooms, great staff, the breakfast is wonderful, and the location is very good! I have stayed at this Embassy Suites many times and have never been disappointed! Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Melissa R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to rate Embassy Suites Norman! Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference.” I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels. I certainly liked seeing that you enjoyed our hotel. I hope we succeeded in making your stay everything you had expected during your time in Norman. We truly appreciate your comments and hope that you will keep us in mind if you ever find yourself in Norman in the future.

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 23 September 2013

So as far as first impressions go - as soon as I walked in I had a cavernous feeling - similar to the hotels in Vegas. The staff was eager to assist and very professional. Outside the proximity to strip malls (nice ones) is superb. If you need to go shop you're right there. The design of the floor plan along with the elevator and fountain/pool gives one a great feeling of appreciation - I lived further north in OKC and haven't ever had the good fortune to stay here until now. There is a restaurant and a separate coffee shop on the bottom floor. The rooms were excellent - lots of seating, the bed is what just about everyone needs, the bathroom is spacious and cleanliness never even crossed my mind. There is a breakfast buffet that is more than the simple bagel and banana deal at other hotels. Here with waffles and omelettes ready to order or fruit and breakfast meats it's awesome start to the day. I would recommend and stay here again when I'm in town.

So improvements, because I notice things that I don't exactly need but like to be spoiled some times: In-room wi-fi, with each individual connecting device needing to be registered (for the non-specialty club guest) and paid for, it would be good to use a system that allows multiple devices for one paid account, a laptop and a phone are good examples for out of country guest that aren't integrated into the data network; overhead lighting in the rooms, in the room I stayed in most of the lighting was provided by the lamps-table or floor, sometimes just a little bit more light was needed; and hot drink availability at breakfast, they do have the standard tea, coffee and hot water, but a coffee machine for smaller portions - lets say hot chocolate or lattes would be a good addition.

Also good to mention are the swimming pool and workout center, great to checkout!

I enjoyed it, give it a try!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
To our valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. I don’t think I can express how much receiving your review meant to me. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share your experience with us. Hearing compliments such as yours concerning our staff and your experiences with Embassy Suites Norman are the reason that I love my job.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for a night with a couple of friends. The hotel is very clean and up kept and the beds were very comfortable to. Their hot breakfast is great and its especially nice that you can get fresh omelets. We also went to the pool and it was very nice. The staff was friendly to. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Melissa R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear valued guest,

Houston, TX
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good hotel in Norman. We had a room right by the elevator, but we never heard any noise.
They have a coffee maker, wet bar, microwave, and mini fridge in the rooms.

There's a separate living room and bedroom. There's a bar, but it closes at 11 on weekends. They do a free hot breakfast, which is pretty good as far as free hotel hot breakfast goes.
They also have an evening reception, with free drinks and some cheese.

Decent location, but a bit off the highway. Rooms are clean.
Forget using the pool if you are an adult without kids.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
To our valued guest from Houston,

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Embassy Suites Norman. Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference” and I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service, with this being said, I hope that you will visit our Embassy Suites again if you are in Norman in the future.

Enid, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel was very clean, great breakfast, most of the hotel personnel were wonderful. The female bartender (appeared to be 70) was rude and did not attend to the patrons. The hotel itself was well kept and in a nice and convenient location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

To our valued guest from Enid,

On behalf of our entire hotel staff and myself – I would like to thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center for your recent visit to Norman! We were honored to have you staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service. I hope if you find yourself in Norman again you will decided to stay with us.

Melissa Raiford
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed here for an Oklahoma football game. The property is extremely clean, although I sometimes feel like one Embassy room looks just like all the others. The workout area was well equipped, as was the pool deck and pool. Breakfast was really good. Happy hour left a bit to be desired. The location is close to the stadium. The only problem we encountered was the attitude of the bartenders. Each night they were rude and only interested in getting home. I found this strange. Certainly management would know that there was going to be large group at the bar after the game.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Casey K, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
To our valued guest from Greenville,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate your time and look for any opportunity to better our service. We will look forward to sharing with our team members this feedback in order to better our bar service.

We do look forward to having you return. Do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance!

Kind Regards,