“Nice, new, clean hotel, but little issues add up”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I've been traveling to Norman with my company now for almost a decade and am happy to see lots of new hotels spring up over the course of the last 2 years really. We are not brand loyal, per se, so it is nice to be able to explore all the brands out there and pick which hotel we'd like to stay at. I like Embassy Suites in general, but when I tried this one it seemed a little ritzy for the Norman area. Maybe best way to describe is to say that it could be picked up and transplanted to a larger city and fit in very well, unfortunately that does include the price. The rooms are very very large, but for me, it's too much. I can't justify expensing that much for just myself. The price of breakfast is included in the room, but when I stayed there for a small conference with my co-workers, it took over 30 minutes to get our food. I left to get to our meeting place on OU's campus in time, but some of my co-workers stayed in hopes they'd be able to eat fast and arrive on time to the meeting. They didn't make it. Also, when I first arrived I was put in a room next to what sounded like a dozen screaming kids. I was promptly moved, so that was nice. But then I was told I would have to pay for Internet when I got to the second room. Who charges for Internet in Norman? So, to sum, nice hotel, but in this economy I have to watch it. Stay here if you have a large family or for a family event. I think it'd make a good hotel for that.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank FenterP

Reviewed 15 October 2009

Had a fantastic stay...two different trips, 2 nights each. Very clean, nice employees. Top-notch breakfast included in price of room. Great location to shops, resteraunts, I-35, OU. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Had a work meeting here. The hotel is fabulous. Rooms are very well-appointed. Furniture VERY nice. Suite huge. Facilities stellar. Very cool how the conference center is attached. Awesome for any group holding meetings. Breakfast buffet amazing. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My family and I stayed for the weekend with several other team members for a pro-kart race held in Norman. We were awakened after midnight by a large group of partiers (35-40 individuals) congregating in the open atrium and bar area of the hotel. All hotel rooms overlook this area and it was explained by hotel staff that the noise is amplified due to the design of the hotel. One of the fathers in our group went down to the bar and front desk to ask if the partiers could be moved into one of the hotel's many banquet, party, convention, and meeting rooms, but was informed that there were several large groups holding parties and that these partiers were overspill from those activities and that the noise would probably continue until the bar closed at 2:00 a.m.! The check-in employee stated that there wasn't anything that could be done even though it was pointed out that per the hotel's guide provided in our rooms, the lounge area closes at 12:00 a.m. We called the front desk to speak to the manager when the yelling, whistling and shouting escalated to a point that there was a concern for the safety of ourselves as well as the safety of the partiers. We were told by the Manager on Duty (Grayson) that groups will get loud when consuming alcohol and that he would ask Security to keep an eye on them. Security quelled the noise momentarily, but as the large group consumed more alcohol, they got louder and louder. We travel to Norman often to compete in kart races, but since our sons' and daughters' safety and success at the track requires a good night's sleep, we will not be staying at this hotel again. This is a very nice hotel, but a HUGE disappointment. Too much to pay ($169.00/night + taxes) for lack of sleep caused by inconsiderate hotel visitors and management.

• Stayed: July 2009
4  Thank LoveRacing
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We had a one night stay at the Embassy Suites in Norman and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were very nice and especially clean. The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We recently visited the Embassey Suites Hotel in Norman, Ok. Its a little off the highway I-35 at the Robinson Exit. Worth the bother!! The Grill restaurant is EXCELLENT!! The atmosphere is elegant, beautiful place settings and ambiance..the food is outstanding. the salad....mmmmmmm the homemade dressing 'Asian Peanut' OH YEAH!! the bread is wonderful. the soup is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband had some kind of pecan crusted salmon and it was yummy. Try the chocolate TO DIE FOR dessert (not sure of the name really) but its great.
This is the place to go for food. Hats off to the chef...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Everything was very nice. The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the manager's reception, the breakfast, the sauna area, the fitness room and business center. The only complaint we had is that the internet was only free in the business center. The bartender was very friendly and we were there on St. Patrick's Day and it was very busy.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Best Western Plus Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman
Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#14 of 24 in Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!