“BEWARE.. Watch out for their bait and switch cancellation policy...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 13 July 2010

BE CAREFUL! I made a reservation over 2 months in advance of the arrival date where I was required to prepay the full stay, but I was told that there was a cancellation policy of up to 7 days prior to arrival. I was verbally told this when I called in. My CC was charged in full, which I had known ahead of time. But...

When I received the confirmation in the mail, it said that it was non-cancellable. After contacting the hotel, I found out that if I were to make another, or new reservation, that there now is a cancellation policy in effect for the same weekend, but not mine was not part of that policy. So they have inconsistant cancellation policies in place for the same room, dates, and charges. It makes no sense and I was baited and switched.

They refused to reverse my reservation policy, so I am stuck if I have to make a change.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JeffH1357
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 23 March 2010

We got in late at night to this hotel and there was absolutely no waiting for someone to check us in. We got checked in and into a great bed quickly. The manager's cocktail hour was wonderful and every little thing we needed provided. We left the room late on a couple of days and room service came in and cleaned even after their job on our floor was over. They were wonderful. Great hotel for such a small area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

We had families coming from three different states for an OU college tour and football game and this hotel suited us perfectly. The free breakfast and happy hour helped keep food expenses down and the lobby was great for pushing tables together and visiting and playing games. Shopping and restaurants were very close and the location was quiet. The staff made a point of checking with us and making sure everything was okay. The only downside was that the OU/A&M game was not on the big screen TV downstairs. The manager on duty told us that the management would not pay for the cable service that shows the games. He did offer to shuttle us to a restaurant in town that had the game, though.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I want to thank the staff for excellent service. We stayed for a full week. Everything was perfect. Close access to University, food and shopping. The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast, pool and the fitness room. The only complaints are that is that the internet was only free in the business center and it can be a little loud. However the price is incredible for what they give you.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Ok so your wife, your mother or grand mother can cook, I'll give you that. But there are not many that can put on a spread like these folks. Thanksgiving Day brunch for 400+ is no walk in the park. This was no ordinary Thanksgiving Day brunch. From the shrimp to the bananas foster words can not express the experience. And the service, about the time you say "Oh the mashed potatoes or the shrimp cocktail sauce is running low" BAM!!! Someone was there with a new dish to replace the old. The tables were covered in either white with black chair covers or vise versa. They had a professional playing a Harp when you walk in, no canned music with a loud speaker. Ice sculptures replaced the ordinary plastic flowers that some places would have. Enough to say the meal was to die for. So next year where will you be have Thanksgiving Day.

After the feast we adjourned to a beautiful suite of rooms. I might add this is no ordinary Embassy suites. It’s a very classy operation. After a short nap and a brisk walk it was time for the managers’ reception. Sorry but full belly or not it was time for a FREE DRINK. You heard me free drinks. The next morning is no different, back to the breakfast buffet for yet another feast.

Well let me put it this way if you’re staying anywhere but here within 20 miles of OKC you made a mistake. This place thinks of everything, hair dryer, room safe, two flat screen TV's. What's not to like. Not my first stay and it won't be my last. One last thing, try the coffee shop, helpful lady that works there, nice drinks.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I've been traveling to Norman with my company now for almost a decade and am happy to see lots of new hotels spring up over the course of the last 2 years really. We are not brand loyal, per se, so it is nice to be able to explore all the brands out there and pick which hotel we'd like to stay at. I like Embassy Suites in general, but when I tried this one it seemed a little ritzy for the Norman area. Maybe best way to describe is to say that it could be picked up and transplanted to a larger city and fit in very well, unfortunately that does include the price. The rooms are very very large, but for me, it's too much. I can't justify expensing that much for just myself. The price of breakfast is included in the room, but when I stayed there for a small conference with my co-workers, it took over 30 minutes to get our food. I left to get to our meeting place on OU's campus in time, but some of my co-workers stayed in hopes they'd be able to eat fast and arrive on time to the meeting. They didn't make it. Also, when I first arrived I was put in a room next to what sounded like a dozen screaming kids. I was promptly moved, so that was nice. But then I was told I would have to pay for Internet when I got to the second room. Who charges for Internet in Norman? So, to sum, nice hotel, but in this economy I have to watch it. Stay here if you have a large family or for a family event. I think it'd make a good hotel for that.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank FenterP
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Had a fantastic stay...two different trips, 2 nights each. Very clean, nice employees. Top-notch breakfast included in price of room. Great location to shops, resteraunts, I-35, OU. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Norman hotels
Best Western Plus Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#13 of 24 in Norman

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!