“Untrained Staff, Bad Attitudes”

Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have traveled 50% for 10 years and this was the worst experience I have encountered with untrained staff, no recognition of Hilton Diamond, out of water, out of maps of the area and pretty much clueless. I would never stay in that hotel again

1  Thank Edward M
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Norman

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Wife surprised me for a nice overnight here. It was everything you'd come to expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, friendly, I still would like to see some kind of free breakfast for HHonors Gold and Diamond members. The weight room was nice as well.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot. I am a hilton diamond member. My hotel of choice when available is the hilton garden inn.

This hotel did not disappoint. Check in was quick and easy. The room was great. The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was eggs or omelets cooked to order. Lots of choices on the Buffett.

I really enjoined the stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SH1304
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed there and we were very pleased with the comfort of the room, including the bed. We were happy to have a microwave and mini fridge in the room, as well as a coffee maker. If we return to the area, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hilton Garden Inn in Norman, Oklahoma. It was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. The room was spacious. There was a variety of exercise equipment and the equipment was in very good condition. The Sooner Mall is close and several shopping centers were nearby. I would stay there again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I'm sorry to say this, but we had the worst Hilton experience at your hotel last Saturday night. The only thing that was positive was the sweet girl who checked us in. Everything else was horrible. The bed was hard as a rock (yes, we tried to change the controls, with no luck). Even though it was below 30 degrees outside, we had to turn on the A/C to get the room to a bearable temperature. We turned down the heat to 67 and the temp rose to 76. We were given one K-cup for in the morning. When my husband went down to request more, he was very begrudgingly given two more.

As a former Diamond member, I have stayed at plenty of Hilton Hotels. Our choice for Norman has always been the Hampton Inn. We decided to change it up a little this trip. Boy were we sorry. From now on, when we are in Norman for Football games or to visit family, we will stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tbelle2000
Jana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay, and apologize that we did not exceed expectations. I will be sure to have maintenance check the room you were in and fix those problems. Thank you for sharing what happened so that we may know what improvements to make. I will be contacting you privately to get more information and to try to make up for the poor experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This has been my favorite hotel that I have ever stayed at! I have done business and personnel stays and find it to be the best I have ever experienced. The hotel is clean, the staff very professional, and I highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your great experience; we are very glad you enjoyed your stay! It is always a pleasure having you and your group stay with us, and look forward to having you here again next year!