“Great location, well maintained hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Great hotel with friendly staff. The room was very clean and modern. The bed was very nice and firm and the pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was well supplied with toiletries. I will stay there again the next time I am in Norman.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2009

Just finished my 10th business trip in 9 weeks and this location was WONDERFUL! From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like a valued guest. Great location with clean, new and comfortable rooms. QUIET too!
The food was excellent and served with a smile. Mitch ( a college student) helped me out and it was a pleasure to meet a clean cut young adult who took customer service seriously. Food and shopping all very close with lots of options. I wish all of my stays were as seamless as this one!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We were looking for a place as we travelled thru Oklahoma City. I saw this place on trip advisor. The rate was great, just off the freeway and a fairly new property. We guaranteed the rooms and then I called the property directly to see if they could set aside the 2 non-smoking rooms with the adjoining room request. I was told there would be no problem. Upon arrival the same person that said no problem took about 20 minutes then said "Well all we have is 2 non-smoking, non-adjoining rooms on the smoking floor". We took them. Thank goodness the rooms were not smoky.

The rooms were small but comfortable. The bathrooms were clean with everything we needed. One of our rooms did have an issue with noisy neighbors coming in at midnight, a few slammed doors and loud conversations. After about an hour we called guest services. I'm not sure if they did anything but around 1:30, either they quieted down or we just were too exhausted to hear them.

Now we get to checkout. Mind you I never got a receipt or rate confirmation upon check-in, but after 10 minutes same staff person says due to the issues they had last night they are only going to charge us for one room. This was appreciated but I would have had a much better feeling about this place if management hadn't left the hotel so understaffed on a Friday night!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasBeachmom14
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Fabulous staff. Very friendly. What's nice about this location is it is not in a heavy urbanized area and is easy to get to. The bed was wonderful, the room very clean, free wireless and restaurants nearby (same block). I would stay again if I'm ever back in the area. Hgi's are usually pretty good hotels to stay in. This one had exceptionally friendly staff. Thanks for the cookies too. Nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Iwantavacationnow
Reviewed 19 September 2008

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is conveniently located to University of Oklahoma. The outdoor pool and hot tub are very nice. A small business center is very easy to use.

The buffet breakfast ($10) is quite good and a chef can prepare omelettes and pancakes to order. They also have a Belgium waffle maker that my kids like so much.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Ordeal_seeker
Reviewed 20 July 2008

I spent 4 nights here for business. Generally it is a nice property...room is very nice and the staff is helpful. Room service was also delicious and timely. I think they are a bit understaffed at the front desk as it was often a line either when checking in, checking out or stopping to ask questions. Work out area is nice as is the business center. They need to do a little work with controlling their guests though. There were several different young girls' basketball teams staying there while I was there. The first teams were OK, just a bit of running through the halls and such. The last 2 nights were awful though. Screaming, loud music, etc. I heard the front desk clerk to politely ask the parents to quiet everyone down but to no avail...they made a mess of the conference hall area right where the elevators were, and this was at 10pm at night. They took over the business center and somehow the 2nd computer didn't work the last day. The front desk was polite enough to allow me to check in for my flight on their computer though. I would stay again but if they can't hire enough people to serve their guests nor the type of people who can control the guests, this property could go downhill in a hurry.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2008

My husband and I stayed at this property and it was our first time to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn.

For a small property, the lobby area is really impressive. It has nice sofa's and chairs on one side of the lobby and the other side has tables to sit down and eat. It appears that they have a small buffet area to serve food. They also have a bar in the same area which is all a little unique for a small hotel.

The pool is really nice. It's not your standard rectangular pool with a high wall around it. It's a nice size and they have lots of tables and chairs around the pool. You can see out of the pool area as well.

They have a business center and a small work-out facilty.

The rooms are nice and everything was clean. They are proud of their Garden Sleep System beds. To me it was a cross between a memory foam bed and a sleep number bed. At the head of the bed on each side of the mattress you are able to adjust the number to your comfort level. I am used to a softer pillowtop mattress and I made mine as soft as it would go. After a long time in trying to get comfortable I finally took the duvet off the bed and doubled it and layed it on the bed and slept on it.

It seems the hotel and the rooms are well suited for business travelers. The rooms have ergonomic chairs at the desk that would be helpful if you spent a lot of time in the room working.

There is also a couple of restaurants directly in front of the hotel within walking distance. A Saltgrass Steak House and a mexican food restaurant that might be a local restaurant because I didn't recognize the name.

It's a nice hotel that offers a lot for a small property. If you like a firm bed you should have no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple