“Always a wonderful dining experience”
Review of Red PrimeSteak

Red PrimeSteak
Reserve with OpenTable
Red PrimeSteak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 5th
Description: Red Prime Steak brings Dry-Aged beef to Oklahoma. Red Prime Steak specializes in Prime Midwestern beef, Kobe beef and Buffalo, which underscores Oklahoma's proud Indian roots. Only the boldest rubs and spices are used to enhance the flavor of the steaks. Housed in the Historic Buick Building and designed by award-winning architect, Rand Elliott, the modern design is a world class vision that is unique to the Steakhouse concept.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We took friends to Red Prime. The service was exceptional, as usual, and the food was good. I had the ribeye and will not get it again, too fatty. My husband had the Porterhouse and it was exceptional.
We will go back again and again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was surprised by the decor and the feel of the place, since it definitely had upscale pricing. The floors were concrete and when I went to the ladies room I thought I was in a gym bathroom. I had the prime sirloin 10 oz. , $29. It was very good and cooked exactly right. I didn't take the prix fixe menu, $42 because I wanted to try some sides that were not included. I had the horseradish potatoes gratin, good, but not very horseradish tasting. We had the fried spinach, very tasty and the creamed corn, good, but a a little spicy for me. $9 for each side. We shared the chopped salad and that was good, $9. My daughter had the filet, 7 oz. , $ 36, very good and done just right. We had the chocolate brownie for dessert, mediocre. They call it spoon bread. The food was good but the prices do not reflect the decor or attention to detail. We ate on placemats and the table was not wiped off before dessert was put down, not a classy steak place. If you go definitely choose the prix fixe menu, more for your money. My total with tip was $167, which included 1 glass of wine.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I ate with my wife and two young sons on a weeknight, early, and it wasn't very busy. The atmosphere is modern and while it seems like it should be noisy and hard to converse, we were able to dine and talk in relative privacy. We choose to dine from the prix fixe menu, offering a starter, entrée, and dessert for a set price. There were no vegetarian options listed on the prix fixe, but the server was more than willing to accommodate us and did. My wife had the black bean and quinoa stuffed chile relleno as her entrée and fried tomatoes for the starter. I had the French onion soup for a starter and upgraded the entrée to a ribeye. Our boys had mac and cheese (which the kitchen happily agreed to make without green chili, which is how it is listed on the menu) and French fries. Both my wife's meal and my steak were very good, but not exceptional. My wife said her chile relleno had been better when she had it a few weeks before. My steak was a little tough for a high-end steak house ribeye, and not marbled enough. It was still good, though, and perfectly cooked. A burgundy mushroom sauce, served on the side, was a good addition. I had the house horseradish gratin potatoes to go with my steak, and I wish I had gotten the fries. I like horseradish, and it was not overpowering by itself, but the potatoes were too soft and there was too much horseradish in it, and it just didn't work well. For dessert, we all had the sorbet, which I'm pretty sure is just commercial sorbet dipped and served with fruit. It was good, though. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and will go back for special occasions.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Since we moved from Chicago, we have searched for a chop house that serves excellent steaks in a variety of cuts and presentations, knows how to provide attentive (and not overly attentive) service, mixes solid cocktails and is just fun to engage with the wait staff. We found that place in Red Prime last night for our Father's Day celebration. Our server, Corey, possessed a fabulous sense of humor, the night's manager came to our table to introduce himself, each of us had different steak presentations, prepared exactly as we asked. A special treat were the sliced asparagus sides. Strongly recommend the prix fixe menu for an outstanding value.
We will return.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great cocktails! Had the fried green tomato appetizer! Loved it. Wedge salad was great!! Steak very good. And the Mac n cheese was fabulous!! Wait staff were on point and courteous! Great visit!