“A WONDERFUL SURPRISE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Springdale, Arkansas
“A WONDERFUL SURPRISE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have stayed at this Property before, when it was owned / managed by a different Hotel Chain. I was NOT overly impressed then. However, upon arrival for this trip, I was glad to see the changes on the outside. Once I walked in, I was truly shocked!

They spent MILLIONS of dollars on a renovation of this facility when Wyndham took the property, and it really shows! There was not a single area of the hotel that they did not address.

The lobby, and common areas got a major facelift and update. There are meeting and conference rooms of every size, and 24 hour Business center, and a Restaurant / Coffee bar / lounge area just off the lobby that has enjoyed a fantastic upgrade.

The Indoor pool area has been upgraded, and looks great!

But the most amazing parts of the renovation await you in the room. They basically gutted the rooms and started all over. New walls, new floors, new furniture everywhere. Granite desktop, counter tops, and more.

42 inch Flat Screen TV with plenty of channels, Coffee pot, Fridge, Microwave. Closet that has an actual door on it! BIG walk in Shower! And FANTASTIC BEDS! The beds truly are comfortable in every way!

The wing I am staying in is outside of the dome area (Where the pool is.) and I had stayed in that section before. Everything was outside, and I did not like that too much. Wyndham built a building OVER that entire section, so all rooms are INSIDE now! Makes for a cleaner, and more secure location.

I do smell cigarette smoke in the hallways, but not in the room. Most of the rooms are non smoking, and mine was clean and well cared for.

The staff are great. From the Maid service, to the front desk, to the wait staff in the Restaurant area. . .everyone seemed to be willing to help in EVERY POSSIBLE way.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone and will happily return again!

Good marks in ALL AREAS!

Room Tip: I have stayed in all areas of this hotel and suspect that the rooms in the 300 wing are the best due...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank GuyanaBoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Wyndham Gardens with our friends and business associates. Sleeping rooks are very comfortable and quiet, great sales staff and the rest of the hotel personnel are friendly and helpful.

We conduct several events at this hotel each year and we are NEVER disappointed. We get nothing but compliments from our own staff and our clients and customers. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone doing a seminar, meeting ond/or special event.

Room Tip: Just be specific about the type room you require to make your stay perfect for yourself.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NASAPowerlifter
buna,texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

enjoyed our stay,Cindy was very helpful. We called to check on the a/c Cindy went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. She actually went to a room cut down the thermostat to see how cool the temp. would reach. She then called my wife back on the cell phone to let us know the good news my room stayed at 63!! Plus the halls were cool and also were our powerlifting event was held. Nice stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joe308
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We are from Oklahoma City and stayed here because our electricity went out. Paid $50 through priceline and was a great deal. We arrived very tired after having no airconditioning at home and the staff greeted me with such sympathy. They were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was extremely clean and cool and the bed are amazingly comfortable. Room has microwave and refridgerator which is convenient and the they had all bathroom ammineties that you would need. There is a very nice swimming pool and arcade. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Oklahoma City. Especially families!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank deannaokc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Book thru priceline negotiator and got a room for $40 plus tax. So I was unable to choose a hotel to my liking. After receiving confirmation of my hotel, I began reading reviews of the place a felt very uneasy about staying at a place with such bad customer service. Finally got to the hotel and the check in lady was nice to us, although she looked very mean. There was a "reception" night going on and they were offering free drinks and appetizers at the on site restaurant till 7. We check in at 6:30 leaving us 30 mins to take advantage of the free drinks. Dropped our bags off at our room and returned promptly to the restaurant leaving 20 mins to eat and drink for free. We stood around for 5 mins before anyone could take our drink orders. Then the manager began saying last calls on drinks. We haven't even gotten one yet. He saw us standing there and took our order. I initially just wanted a soda since I'm not big into alcohol but he persuaded me to get wine. I was like okay I'll try it. But realize I would've preferred a soda instead so I looked at my watch and realize it was 5 mins till 7. Let me ask for a soda. Waiter comes over and I asked if I can get a soda. He left only for the manager to come out saying, the "free service" is over. I can't just randomly give out free stuff. I was so angry. How much could a fountain drink cost when they've been serving ppl alcoholic beverage all night? He was holding a water bottle and I asked if I could at least get a bottle of water since I was extremely thirsty and that wine was making me hotter. Denied me even of that water bottle in his hand. Then he left and I hear him serving other ppl drinks. And him having conversations with the other employees about getting more drinks for the other guest. Food was decent though. Hotel smells like cigarettes. Our room was located towards the back of the hotel and all the rooms had no smoking signs on the door, but the smell of cigarettes were everywhere. It was so bad that it left cigarette smell on my hair. My husband leaned over to kiss me and complained about the smell left in my hair from just walking thru the building. Rooms were clearly updated and remodeled but whoever remodeled it did a very bad job. We found a blond pubic hair in one of the bed. GROSS! there was a half an inch gap underneath the door which doesn't provide much sound proofing. Other than that we had a comfortable stay. Check out lady was much nicer.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Both employees at the front desk were most unpleasant. One did not even look up at us and just said "she will be with you in a minute". Then she (other employee) had same attitude. We had to ask her 3 times if there was an elevator in the hotel before she would answer us. We heard both employees speaking to other guests in the same manner. One of them yelled to another person in back room asking for info. Good news is the rooms are upscale, spacious and very clean!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bonaire, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Nicely revamped room but reeking like an old ashtray. We went back to the FD and the answer was: no no you have a NON smoking room, positive! Beside, if I give u another non smoking room, it s gonna be in the back and they smell worth...way worth.
Wow.
So we shoved it in our pipe and...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple