Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue
Ranked #73 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 28 February 2013

A very nice, clean hotel with a "welcome home" attitude. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, and had everything a traveler on a budget could want.
The breakfast was fresh, varied and plentiful.

Room Tip: No ice machine on the second floor. The cracker barrel restaurant is a short walk away from the hote...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you for your review.. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. --

Vicki - Mgr

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed one night before a flight out of OKC. Location is very good as there are tons of restaurants and shopping near by. The room was clean and stardard issue and consistent with the Holiday Inn Express brand.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear pank,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Pricelined 3 rooms for our overnight stay after a Thunder game. Location was fine and hotel was clean enough. Free breakfast was decent (although there is a Cracker Barrell around the corner if you want a real one). Our only complaint is that when we got up to get ready at 8:30 am on Saturday morning, there was NO hot water. We called the desk and she said she would check on it but also said "well alot of people took showers already". We never got a call back so we ended up waiting for another hour before we could finally take a luke warm shower. We really kinda wanted to get going but ended up wasting 1 hr so we could take a shower. When we went to check out we ask about it and she said she did check on it like she told us she would. But apparently a call back to let us know was something she didn't think to do? Fairly young staff so that probably explains the lack of customer follow up.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

By Holiday Inn Express standards this place is just average. Everything was OK but it is ready for a remodel. I would stay there again but would look around at other place first. The location is handy for downtown attractions but the access to the hotel is rather inconvienient.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the night of 10/3/2012. After leaving the hotel the next morning I began itching on my left arm, I soon realized that I had been bitten by bed bugs. After I got home I found two bed bugs in my suitcase. I contacted the hotel and spoke with Michelle and she apoligized and said that the manager would contact me on Monday. On Tuesday (10/9) I contacted the hotel again and spoke with Vicki and she said that she would make sure that the manager knew of the problem and contact me by the end of the week. As of this review I have not been contacted by the manager.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Randall A
HolidayInnExpressOK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. I am the manager and I spoke to you directly myself. During our conversation I expressed my sincerest apologies and advised you I would investigate the situation. Both Terminex and ourselves did a thorough check of the room and did NOT locate any bed bugs or bugs of any kind in the room. Even though we have had no other complaints of bites from any of our other guests, we have sprayed the room as a precautionary.

Vicki Fairchild
Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Convenient to the airport. A number of restaurants in the area to choose from. Staff is helpful, warm and friendly. Continental breakfast is adequate.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank NJButterfly
HolidayInnExpressOK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Thank you for you comment. It was a pleasure having you stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Vicki

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very nice hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. However, I had used my Priority Points to stay at this hotel. Upon checkout I was still charge 28.50. When i asked about it, I was told it was an ammenity fee. The front desk could not define what this charge was for except an ammenity charge. Ammenity, all i did was check in and go to my room and sleep. I have never encounter haveing to pay when using my Priority Points. I can understand a charge if I had made a call, but I didnt. If this is the way of Holiday Inn, I think it is time to start making the Hilton chain a higher priority.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin K
HolidayInnExpressOK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is not how we take care of our priority club members. Please contact the hotel as soon as possible so that we may correct the situation.