“Clean Safe Place To Lay Your Weary Head”

Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #104 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My flight into OKC was seriously delayed, so I didn't get in til 1am. Not wanting to disturb my family, I decided to crash at Four Points and it was fine. A nice driver collected me from the terminal and a desk agent was waiting to check me in.

I would have preferred a higher up room, but since there's no elevator, I opted for the first floor. Everything is very basic, but the bed was surprisingly comfy. Very lux! Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2013
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and sorry to hear that your flight was delayed. Hopefully, you can stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Oklahoma City. Take care!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our room was large with a big desk, two beds, and a chair. The bathroom was clean but it appeared that our hand lotion had been used before. The exterior side door didn't lock. The beds were comfortable, you couldn't hear the airplanes, and the staff were pleasant. It's nothing amazing, but it's right next to the airport and convenient to most of the city.

Room Tip: Bottom floor. They don't have an elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel, we travel with our small dog, we booked because it is pet friendly. Traveling across country by car on I-40 getting to this hotel is off I-40 a bit, actually right at the airport, we found it to be a little worn looking, carpet worn in front of the bathroom door, a blanket on the bed had a hole, not dirty or grungy just worn and tired. The food at the Follies restaurant was not very good selection was very limited, they were out of many menu items. The best I could say is it didn't make us sick.
Morning check out we discovered there was a $50 non refundable charge added to our credit card, no mention of this charge on SPG.com website or at checkin. After speaking to a manager he agreed to refund the charge "just this once". On the plus side the staff were all very friendly,courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

All of the negative reviews on the web about this property made me very hesitant about booking this hotel. The only reason why I risked it was was darn SPG points. It's funny thing what loyalty points and status will do to a frequent traveler. Given the inexpensive rate and my one night stay in OKC, I decided to experience it for myself. Unfortunately, majority of the poor reviews were right. Starwood needs to take a serious look at this property and what it is doing to the Starwood and Four Points image.

The hotel is old, warn, tired and dated. Even though it is just a two story property, if you have a lot of luggage, you're taking the stairs. The rooms are your standard Four Points design. Service is lacking and the front desk staff that I encountered were not very knowledgeable about the property, nervous and did not seem to care. I had to switch rooms as soon as I checked in because the TV did not work. This seemed to confuse, or put out the front desk staff.

The restaurant is dark, dated and felt dirty. I booked the breakfast package, but I should have just went through a drive through.

The property is in desperate need of a serious overhaul. If not, Starwood should let it go to a Motel 6 brand. This property was not worth the savings or the points.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CNolnah
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are looking into ways we can improve the hotel and our customer service so we appreciate your feedback – especially as a loyal SPG member. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

When my car service pulled up to the hotel on a Friday evening, it looked like the place was closed. It was incredibly dark inside and there was no one at the front desk. Upon walking in someone did appear from the back and helped me check in. I was given my room number and was told to use the stairs to get to my room. Not a big deal for me, but for someone with a lot of luggage it would have been painful. What kind of hotel doesn't have an elevator?

Once in the room, everything checked out well enough. About 9 PM I headed down to the hotel "restaurant/bar" to have a late dinner. There were only 2 other people there and I can understand why. The place was incredibly dark and not at all inviting. I placed an order for a dinner salad and chips/salsa which cost $20. Not unsurprising prices given that it was a hotel, but the salad looked like it was assembled from a "bagged salad" and the chips/salsa were nothing special (certainly not fresh as they indicated). The worst part of my meal? During the hour I was there, I saw three ants crawl across the bar in front of me. Enough said.

The property overall is just run down and depressing. Missing ceiling tiles, dirty carpet, non functioning conveniences. Across from my room was a "laundry center" where the washer was facing in (unusable) and in the same area was an out-of-service ice maker. There was also lots of dirt on the ground.

I'm not that picky about hotels, but this place was terrible. If I had walked in without knowing it was a Sheraton, I would have guessed stays would be $40/night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you for the review. We regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. We are looking for ways to improve the hotel and we appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Three hundred and fourteen steps from only entrance to room. All other entrances marked not working. Including stairs NO ELEVATOR. Requested double beds got one king. No pullout or couch. Staff not helpful. Called house keeping for extra blanket and pillow took twenty minutes and told that they were out of blankets. Vending machine marked "drinks not cold" use other machine. No other machine found during march to our room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We really appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can address them immediately including the timeliness to respond to your request for extra pillows and blankets and the issue with the vending machine. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

After a long day of travel I arrived at the Oklahoma City airport early evening. When I called for the advertised shuttle I was told it would be 25-30 minutes wait. On arrival at the hotel, there was no clerk visible. A young man soon appeared. I gave him my name and handed him a credit card. He gave me keys and said "Turn right at the ATM machine." There was never a greeting or any other verbal exchange. I walked to the opposite side of the hotel. My key did not work. I returned to the desk with suitcase and brief case. No clerk visible. He arrived shortly and looked expectantly at me. "My key doesn't work." He asked for my room number and without further ado he handed me new keys. I really thought there should be something else said. Upon arrival at my room ( the new keys worked) The primary light in the room on the dest did not work. There was no relationship between the printed TV channels and the actual TV stations. There was no klenex in the box in the bathroom. None of these things are major. I asked for a taxi the next morning and was given 2 cards for private car service that I could call. There was no greeting or interaction at any time while staying there. The room was clean. There was nothing overtly wrong. But I expected some hospitality rather than just functional service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive a higher level of service during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our talent members provide excellent quality customer service. We will address the issues you mentioned immediately. Thanks again for the review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
#93 of 159 in Oklahoma City
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
#73 of 159 in Oklahoma City

Been to Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!