“At least it is convenient to airport”

Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #96 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Atlanta, Georgia
“At least it is convenient to airport”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Airport convenience is the only benefit to staying there. Since my work is at the airport I have stayed there at least fifteen times...always believing that the bad experience must have been an exception. I have complained to GM. Seems like there is a new GM every 6 months.

This week I experienced the worst bartender that I have ever witnessed. I ordered a beer, while sitting three feet from the tap. The bartender went and waited on a table before pouring my beer. Neither I nor the person next to me could believe that happened. When I asked for a check, the bartender went and delivered a room service order while I waited 10+ minutes. Other patrons who heard me ask for check could not believe what they witnessed.

As for breakfast, forget the 0630 open time. That does not happen! The desk clerk said that patrons complain nearly every morning that the restaurant is not opened on schedule.

Sheraton should get their name off this property! It is below the standard.

It is not fun to write such a negative review....but readers are now warned. See review from OpsDoctor

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel unless you must stay at airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DRBillJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Arrived at noon, found out restaurant didn't open until 5 PM. Security bar broken in room. It seems like they are trying to redo some rooms, but very poor installation. Carpet looked newer, but carpet tack between room and bath wasn't covered. Ripped a sock, luckily not my foot. Duct tape holding HVAC together. Went to restaurant at 9 PM and told only deep fried foods available. Fish and Chips ordered. Fish typical stuff found in frozen food section, chips large, soggy potato chip like item, unseasoned which was an issue since the waitress did not provide silverware, salt, pepper, or napkin. Newer shower/tub combo unit, but massage shower head broken. Bed was fine. Very iffy hours on weekends for restaurant. So close to airport that you have to run through pick up or drop off area to get to the hotel if you head anywhere off the hotel grounds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bach_Minnesota
southern nj
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The convenience is great, nothing else. Oh wait the front desk staff was nice. The food, not good at all. The bar was ok. I think the price is a little high for this place. I won't go there again. Why was I there? Business. And someone was in my room while I was at the office. I had the do not disturb sign. Luckily I left nothing in there. I know this because I left my bag a certain way and when I came back everything was moved around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dnordo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I did not experience any problems with this hotel. Free wifi and clean rooms at a reasonable price. The soap dispensers in the shower were cool! Perfect for the one night that we stayed while passing through.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Newly renovated? Define new! Remodeled with used furniture and materials? What about the sound insulation? This property should be yanked from the SPG family and returned to its original brand. This place is awful. AVOID it if you can

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheOpsDoctor
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for 5 days, while attending an FAA workshop. I was little anxious after reading the reviews, knowing that my room was already booked. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms and the service. Sure, the hallways sometimes smelled unpleasant but I had no complaints with the rooms. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom was extremely clean and in fact, the entire room was very well-maintained. Breakfast was nothing to rave about but the service was great. We had the same server every morning (I wish I remembered her name) and she was wonderful.

Hotel had plenty of parking, wifi was a little slow, location was great. It was about a 15 minute drive to the outlet mall, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at quite a few Four Points by Sheraton hotels and this is the first time I have had a terrible experience. The lady working the check-in was the slowest clerk I have ever seen in my life. I stood in line for a very long time because there were two people in front of me. I ended getting a room on the first floor and tried to nap, but actually couldn't sleep because a person with a dog checked in across the hall and the dog kept barking and howling while the owner kept screaming at it to stop barking. The walls were so thin that it felt like the ruckus was going on in my room. Awesome. They let me switch to a room upstairs after another lengthy wait at check-in. The room was the same and was fine, but I was disappointed that they didn't place me in a SPG Preferred Guest room since I am a club member and my number is registered in their system. I didn't want to argue and wait for another 30 minutes in line, so I let it go, even though my room was directly across the hall from all of the SPG member rooms.

I ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs. The burger must not have been drained on a paper towel because all of the grease soaked into the bottom bun which was completely mushy and disintegrating when it was brought out. The burger was pretty tasteless, but since I was starving, I ate it anyway. The bar area had a restaurant on very loud with women's softball playing. The volume was up too loud to be able to have a conversations with any of the people at the bar and it was too loud for me to concentrate on my book. Since I was bored and couldn't talk to anyone, I just sat there and stared up at the ceiling. I was completely horrified at what I saw. If you sit at the bar in the seat closest to the TV and look up at the ceiling, you will see this thick black substance growing and hanging off of the ceiling and wires directly over the alcohol and clean glasses. It looks like thick black soot/dust that has never been cleaned? Revolting. I'm pretty sure that's a health hazard.

On the bright side, the bed was pretty comfortable and the bathroom was super clean. The employees were polite, even though service was very slow. My room on the second flood was really quiet. I probably would have slept very soundly if I wasn't being kept up late with abdominal pains from all the grease in the burger.

I found it strange that there was no elevator in this hotel. The carpet in the hallway on the first floor was stained in many places causing me to question how often it gets cleaned. I was particularly wondering this because when I checked out, I had to carry my bags over a giant pile of dog diarrhea that was sitting in the middle of the carpet in the hallway. I know the dog had an accident and I'm sure the owners were probably going to get someone to clean it up, but still. With all the stains all over the carpet in other places, it doesn't look like they use a steam cleaner very often.

I will not be returning to this hotel. If I'm ever back in town, I'll definitely be staying at the Four Points on the other side of OKC.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo